Version 0.5.0 Screenshots

Discussion & announcements concerning Mike's "Time Matters Sidereal Astrology" software, now in development. Keep up on what's happening, download a free copy for use, and give your input on this important project.
mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Version 0.5.0 Screenshots

Post by mikestar13 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:35 pm

Got a solution. This is the New Chart form, and I will make corresponding changes to the solunars and ingress pages: https://i.imgur.com/ZVFdDDo.jpg
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 07, 2022 12:38 pm

You continue to impress me with your instinct for elegance when we hit speedbumps like this. Good show!

And the "Save chart?" looks really good!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:41 pm

BTW you can still specify what format you prefer in program options, but this will only control what is checked initially, user can change it for any chart.
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:49 pm

I don't really like autotab myself either. It makes data entry slightly faster for folks who seldom/never make data entry errors--it slows us mere mortals down.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 07, 2022 12:59 pm

I'd mind it less if every field always behaved the same under all conditions, but it's highly conditional, i.e., there are conditions under which you need to tab and those where you don't. I have to actually THINK about what I'm doing :) . But the main stumble is that, if I make a mistake and tab back a field, it instantly jumps me forward again because the (wrong) contents satisfy the condition for tabbing forward.

It is, however, an inconvenience at worse. Having right and useful data in the final product is far more important.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat May 07, 2022 1:23 pm

I will add a program option to turn autotab off. Should we poll users about on or off by default? If so, I vote "off".
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 07, 2022 1:27 pm

I vote off AND I think polling users is a good idea. (We haven't gotten much feedback from such requests for opinion, though I suppose that falls under "those who show up and vote get to decide"; but it's good to ask anyway.)

So that it's more likely to get seen, please make it a new thread and use the built-in polling function (which essentially never gets used around here).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat May 07, 2022 2:04 pm

How do you use the polling function?
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:28 pm

The new Solunars page, when a nativity is selected: https://i.imgur.com/UCBAvZM.jpg

When solar return is selected: https://i.imgur.com/GE6AAlN.jpg

When a lunar return is selected: https://i.imgur.com/h1gP1dk.jpg

This technique will also be used for kinetics when they are implemented.

A line for enneads will be added when they are implemented.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 4:53 pm

mikestar13 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:28 pm
The new Solunars page, when a nativity is selected: https://i.imgur.com/UCBAvZM.jpg
Lots of good stuff here. Suggestion: What do you think of M D Y and H M S etc. having the spaces dropped? I notice the UT (thanks for moving it next to the time field) is cut off and two more spaces would help.
When solar return is selected: https://i.imgur.com/GE6AAlN.jpg
Nice. (I had some additional ideas and then realized they were bad ideas, so fuggetaboutit <g>. This is good.)
When a lunar return is selected: https://i.imgur.com/h1gP1dk.jpg
Is the thing that we're supposed to see that the answer is "sorry, Charlie"? It doesn't seem anything can be selected off of this. If I'm right about that, then do you need the data input fields?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Will fix MDY/DMY. The idea is it is not possible to cast a valid return to an SLR. Likewise, it is not possible to cast a valid solar return to another solar return, nor to cast a regular SLR to an SSR, but we can cast anlunars. So lunar returns and most other types of charts will get a sorry, Charlie, NQ's will be fine when implemented.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 6:13 pm

mikestar13 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:28 pm
The idea is it is not possible to cast a valid return to an SLR. Likewise, it is not possible to cast a valid solar return to another solar return, nor to cast a regular SLR to an SSR, but we can cast anlunars. So lunar returns and most other types of charts will get a sorry, Charlie, NQ's will be fine when implemented.
Agreed with all that. I was suggesting that if there is nothing to run off of a lunar return, you don't need the input fields, the form can be simpler. (Perhaps at least put the "sorry, Charlie" advisory at the top before someone takes time to input data.)

The "this is probably too tedious to program compared to its value" thing I was thinking was that the SSR just calculated could be a foundation for further SSRS (or demi or quarti) but you would have to swap the real natal in for the 'natal' planets instead of using the "base" SSR as the 'natal'. Maybe not hard because you already have them available, but OTOH maybe a pain in the butt. (Maybe only useful for people who save their return charts instead of having them all temporary.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:13 pm

I expect there will be tweaks in how we show a forbidden chart.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 7:45 pm

Oooh, that would be popular: Forbidden Charts!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:34 pm

How it works now: If a forbidden chart is chosen, the form will display just the error message and the back button.
Time matters