Questionnaire 1

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Questionnaire 1

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 am

Oh Steve! yeah, wait on the astrological comparisons , I want it be unfiltered
I see your point Jim and you have experience in the field. Ok, so identity issues are possible but probably unlikely.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 am

Jim

As I see it, the study of astrology is the study and understanding of an algorithm, cycles and patterns in motion over time, deep time like the transits of the outer planets and current time as in tge transits if tge moon and the inner planets.
From the years of knowing you I have seen how you are able to reduce and simplify and frame in the context of astrology an individuals complex nature, and in most all cases help the person inquiring to see the patterns and cycles in thier own life unfold.

I think that the questions that need to be answered, in a forum like this, to potential members and seekers, are the same qyestions that have been asked since the dawn of mankind.....

What do you hope to gain from this.......
What is your motive and drive for knowing.....
What will you do with this information.....
What do you need.....

A persons intent, which I think in many cases is not even truelly understood by themselves, is emeshed in thier unique set of needs.

I personally explore astrology as a means to meet my inner need for self understanding and to grow in self love. Yet I know people who would look into astrology as a means to gain power and influence over other people for egoic satisfaction and as a way to meet other needs deemed socially nefarious and deviant.

If you are looking for a way to get potential members with the intent of honest and true self exporation to open up and provide more specific individual information that would enable you to better serve them with a more personalized interpretation, I think something very laid back, seemingly childish and innocent, and fun like a game might be a route to explore.
The is a game and serues of books called Would you Rather......that is filled with inocculous questions that I have seen actually reveal much deeper symbolic answers about a persons nature.

Ie...
Would you rather eat a worm or a catpillar
Would you rather run naked through the mall or be locked in a dark closet for a whole day.
Would you rather fart loudly and grossly in a packed elevator of strangers or have your mate post an ugly picture of you on social media saying how cute you are....

Just some ideas.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 am

Why are people posting anything other than answers to the questions?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 am

Probably because the reall topic that has emerged is whether anybody should answer these questions and whether they should somehow be a feature if this forum.

You've been secretive about yiur real motives and belligerent and name-calling on this topic. That inspires mistrust, even in people who k iw you somewhat.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 am

Thought since it was " questionaire 1" that it was up for discussion and contemplation and not a final definitive assesment tool.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 am

Yes, that too :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:39 am

I didn't realize you were asking to answer them now. - Your original suggestion was to come up with a data-gathering tool before we interpreted someone's horoscope. I thought you said (perhaps you said; at least, it's how I interpreted you) that you wanted to get unfiltered data self-assessment before astrological language was applied to the person for various reasons of data authentication.

My own caution comes from two places. The first is that I'm wary that this would simply chase newcomers away from the site and make them feel unwelcome. The "fill out this questionnaire before we talk about your chart" approach would deprive people of the main reason most newcomers show up - to get a quick assessment of their chart - and also likely put them on the defensive. This doesn't seem to me to be kind or generous; nor does it serve the goals of growing the site with people who gradually become more involved.
[...]
Anyway, my second main reason for caution is that public disclosure of personal information is a real risk.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 am

Danica wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
Mine too.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 am

I have not been secretive. How have I been secretive? I think some people are afraid to get real. Afraid of the truth. By not answering you are just afraid. The answers to the questions will just stay here on the page as stats. If you don’t answer then you don’t. But I think people are making an issue or it and making false accusations and assumptions.
It’s not a final assessment tool or anything. That’s just one of the many assumptions made. If you want to talk about how you don’t like it then make up your own topic for that. This page is only for questionnaire 1

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:51 am

That's enough name-calling. I'm locking the thread.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com