Relocation & travel of forum members

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Relocation & travel of forum members

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Since relocation and relocated angles are a very big thing in literature and study of sidereal astrology techniques it might be of help for us in this forum to learn from those in here that have some years of experience and have traveled a lot or relocated to more than one place. If you are willing to share your experiences in here I would be greatful as I have now been studying relocation for myself and family members for some time. I have found material to read online about this and I see that many use house placements as well as angularity.

I just looked into the world map for Jim Eshelman, since I am very interested in relocation these days and I know he relocated from birth place. But also because I know he has this tight conjunction of Jupiter-Uranus. I see that these planets become angular in Brazil and in Asia+Australia. I would like to ask Jim if you have traveled to those areas for some period of time and how it felt. Would also like to ask if you have spent long periods of time where your Sun is angular and how it has felt. If you have other stories of travels and relocation, it would be great. :)

If anyone has stories of planets becoming angular in different places they've been to, it would be great to hear those stories :)

I can share a few locations myself if you want, as I've traveled a lot in my life and have moved to different places.
F.ex. I've been to Australia and I really loved it there. I see on the world map that it brings the natal Venus-Jupiter as well as Uranus to the angles. In hindsight that place is on top of my experiences of traveling, I think I fell in love with that place (maybe it will become a choice of relocation even though it is so far away).
Bali, Indonesia is another place I really loved - but not the kind of feeling to want to live there. More like a dream :) ... and Neptune becomes angular there on IC. I did go to Hong Kong as well, with Neptune on IC, I liked to see it - but would never want to stay there.
Krabi and Phuket in Thailand are also like a dream and I felt great there. Moon becomes angular on MC, although Neptune is in 4th house as well. A great place to travel to.
I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark for a few years (so longer term relocation). I loved it there, worked, studied, married and was in love. Venus, Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn are all close to angles.

I have more to share if you like :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: Relocation & travel of forum members

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Arena wrote:I just looked into the world map for Jim Eshelman, since I am very interested in relocation these days and I know he relocated from birth place. But also because I know he has this tight conjunction of Jupiter-Uranus.
Besides living where Venus is exactly on IC, I live at a latitude where my Jupiter-Uranus rises exactly as my Sun is on IC - that is, I gain Sun square Jupiter-Uranus.

One fascinating thing about this: Sydney, Australia is 90° from LA in longitude, so Venus rolls exactly around to the Westpoint, and Sydney is 34° South whereas LA is 34° North, so I get the Sun-Jupiter-Uranus paran again - but this time Sun on MC with Jupiter-Uranus setting. Sydney essentially replicates most of the locational elements for Los Angeles. I love it there and, if I were to move away from the U.S., I'd move to Sydney based upon experience there.
I see that these planets become angular in Brazil and in Asia+Australia. I would like to ask Jim if you have traveled to those areas for some period of time and how it felt.
No. (Not that part of Australia.)
Would also like to ask if you have spent long periods of time where your Sun is angular and how it has felt.
I've been to Puerto Rico a few times, really love it, have Sun less than 2° from Ascendant. But... is it really possible NOT to feel the Sun in Puerto Rico? :D really, it's almost the only place I've ever taken a true vacation, I almost always travel with some element of work combined. Puerto Rico inspires me and relaxes me.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:19 pm

FlorencedeZ. wrote:Having been a flight attendant for many years this is one of my favorite topics. Years ago when I purchased Solar Fire this was the first thing I looked at. I had some exceptional feeling states of mind in some places and a few stood out and come to mind are:

- Tobago Island off Trinidad - I felt harmony, an abundance of love, beauty, peace and such happiness that was beyond words. I literally admired every flower and its colors. Venus exact on the Ascendant.

- Tokyo - My mood was always down and heavy there, it felt like walking with boots on through the mud. An exact angular Mars-Saturn opposition on the horizon and Moon also closely angular. (in my birth town where I live I also have a close Mars-Saturn opposition on the horizon with Jupiter and Neptune closer on the angles. I feel quite good in general, the Mars-Saturn I reckon is my savior)

- Singapore - I was stationed there during some years. Mercury closely angular on the Descendant and my close Mars-Saturn opposition background. This background position there made me a little erratic and borderlinish from time to time. It felt like I had a diminished endurance and was prone to mood swings. Angular Mercury was interesting as I took a few busy committee positions, was always busy on the phone, lots of communication and on the go. Also I was really into the news and papers. All of these things are far less present in my birth town where I live. Although I am busy and active, over there it was way more hyper.

Best regards,
Florence

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Alexandra wrote:Arena, thanks for starting this thread and to everyone who has shared experiences . I look forward to reading. I have included information for both myself and individual family members.
For simplicity, I only included lines of 1,00 orb or less.

Sun IC - Traveled. Overconfident, not paying attention, ego deflated quickly

Moon DSC - Lived. Emotional. On all levels friends, family, work. Rough years.

Mercury MC - Lived. Teaching, education, lots of auto travel (understatement), lots of ideas, always doing something, no down time (relax/leisure), health issues, severe anxiety, nervousness, mind constantly thinking/analyzing even with health issues.

Mars MC - Traveled. Arguments, minor injury, lots of movement (energy), trying to do too many things in limited time frame.

Jupiter ASC - Lived. Live/work area nice, employment/housing through other people (referrals), opportunities to travel abroad, optimism, leisure time/activities.

Jupiter DSC - Lived & Traveled. College year abroad, Work, student exchange, travel to other countries

Jupiter IC – Lived. Always looking at real estate. Purchased/sold property. Optimism.

Saturn IC – Lived. Restrictions, limitations, lots of stress, depression

Neptune MC – Lived. Unable to make decisions clearly; usually very analytical. Idealized a poor relationship.

Uranus MC – Lived. Many Changes. Residences, marriage, divorce, jobs.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Wow, that is indeed very helpful. Thank you all for sharing.
This will probably be of use for learning for all forum members as well as visitors.

Seems like we all have very descriptive experiences of those planets coming to the angles.

I think we do need to include all places that have the planets "foreground", which means up to 5 degr. from the angles. Even though their effect will have more impact at 1 degr., they will still have influence up to 5 degr. I have a few more places to share, but I need to be at another computer to cast the charts for them.

I did notice in Bradley's text that he defined foreground to be planets within the first degrees of 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses... I am guessing that later the definition was broadened to be a few degrees from those angles to both sides. Jim has stated that it does not matter on which side they are, angular or cadent side, they will have same effect if within 5 degr.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm

FlorencedeZ. wrote:A link about relocation:
Donald A. Bradley Astro Carto Graphy

http://www.scribd.com/doc/48191491/Dona ... phy#scribd

Beste regards,
Florence

*Note; It has come up since, that this e-book is in Jim's view not written by Bradley

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:I'm unclear why this is attributed to Don Bradley, who died before Jim Lewis created A*C*G* in the late 1970s.

This appears to be one version of the booklet that Jim Lewis included when someone would buy an Astro*Carto*Graphy product from him. (I still have my copy somewhere in storage.) Nice little book. And it may be that there is some Bradley buried in there somewhere, because Jim (a good personal friend of mine BTW, who stayed at my house on occasion) did know Don from Tucson.

But, generally, this is Jim Lewis material.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

As many of you know I am going through a Uranus period now and I have now finally given so many ideas of relocating to my partner (that I thought I might be separating from) that he finally is coming with me on the ride and is finally understanding all my reasons for moving at this time. So now I am giving the relationship a chance. It is important for my children.

We are considering New Zealand. I want to go to Australia where my Jupiter-Venus become angular... but he asked me to consider NZ. I am really fascinated by the pictures from there and it seems to be a good place for living, but I am a bit reluctant to move to a place where my Moon is on my Dsc or in my 7th. I have that partile aspect to Mercury so maybe a good place for study. Anyway, it is a huge step that now he is considering coming along :)

I am also inclined to look at the chart to see what houses are activated, not only angles ... many relocation astrologers go by that rule, read your house activation in the relocated chart.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Arena wrote:We are considering New Zealand.... I am really fascinated by the pictures from there and it seems to be a good place for living
NZ is nice. A pointer: Most of the pictures one sees from there (or, at least, most of the pictures we see in this country in general media) are from South Island. This is dramatically different than North Island in many ways. Chances to make a living are going to be much stronger in North Island due to population (though, if you want to move into the wine industry, Wellington and South Island are the emerging centers).
but I am a bit reluctant to move to a place where my Moon is on my Dsc
I was born with Moon setting. Of course, no matter where I move, I never lose that. But on the few times I've gone back to my hometown over the years, that angular Moon swarms back with a surprising intensity, feeling much like cloying humidity. Sensitivities shoot way up, reactivity increases (though some of that, of course, is because I'm in the place where most of my reactivity originated <g> - but this is also true in other adjacent regions). Be prepared to feel things profoundly more than in non-lunar areas, and be prepared to be psychologically open and vulnerable.
I am also inclined to look at the chart to see what houses are activated, not only angles ... many relocation astrologers go by that rule, read your house activation in the relocated chart.
I discourage you from this. Value of house is negligible to begin with, and in relocation I'm sure they are either nonexistent or so minimal as to be effectively so.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:23 pm

SteveS wrote:FWIW,
I was born with a Jupiter line running exactly over Atlanta Georgia. This city location is where I traveled in order to earn my living when I first began my main business career contracting movies for a small Theatre Company. I am 68 years old and without a doubt Atlanta Ga was the location where I received most of my entire life’s benefic manifestations. I did not choose this location to begin my business career—this location was chosen for me by a natural order of life incidents. I suggest if you see a Jupiter line (location) which is chosen for you by a natural order of life incidents for a career you seriously consider moving or traveling to that location, for Jupiter is classified as the Greater Benefic in our field of astrology.

When I grasped the importance of Sidereal Astrology and given a clear free choice, I use (when available) partile angular solunar return charts combined with occasional quotidian charts to travel to destinations for most of my recreational/social benefic purposes/objectives. My favorite combo is Moon-Venus and I am always on the lookout for both our benefics Venus & Jupiter preferably aspected to the lights.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:24 pm

SteveS wrote:Arena wrote:
Now I just feel like getting rid of Saturn for a long while, so I am ready to move almost anywhere (out of Saturn terms) just for a new refreshing experience.
Yes, I understand. I have no direct experience re-locating my natal chart, only my solunar charts for short term possible effects. I have always been able to hang close to my Jupiter line. But I do know this for myself with my life: When the film industry closed all of their Branches in Atlanta Georgia (my Jupiter line), consolidating the Atlanta Branch to the Dallas Branch, it timed the ultimate end of my career in the commercial Theatre business. I noted that the Dallas location brought my Natal Saturn close to the MC with the Dallas location. You see—I lost my Jupiter line location in Atlanta-- but it was completely out of my control as a free choice. Luckily (Jupiter), I was able to sell my Theater just before Atlanta was consolidated to Dallas. Later I attempted another Theatre Business with complete failure-- but I had to deal with all new people with the Dallas location and I immediately knew dealing with these new people was not going to result in the same success I enjoyed with the Atlanta people who most lost their titles. The change in location absolutely timed the end of my career, so yes, I am a firm believer location is an important astrological factor which requires serious thought for possible major changes.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Seems like your Saturn line was in effect because of the relocation of the business... even if you were not physically there

Exactly. The point I am making from a business standpoint, you do not have to physically live in a certain location to experience angular planetary symbolism, only travel to a certain location. When I was in my long process of learning Sidereal Astrology, this major business experience in my long business career, applied to locational astrology, proved in my individual mind a Sidereal astrologer could have the choice to relocate his/her solunar charts for certain planetary effects.

Arena wrote:
I don't know, maybe the EP is important for everyone on this earth, not only the northern latitude folks. But it keeps coming back to me as a more expressive point in the chart than the ASC
Jim writes in his book ISR about the East Point/West Point axis:
Extrmely significant positions...

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 pm

a Sidereal astrologer could have the choice to relocate his/her solunar charts for certain planetary effects.
Yes I think this is possible, but I am not sure that a solunar chart would be in effect any longer than you staying in the location (or being in close contact to that location as you gave example of with your Saturn line).

If you relocate only for a week or a month around your birthday, that solar chart and angularity will probably only be in effect as long as you are in that place, but not for the entire year. You have given an example of that somewhere in the forum Steve, getting a Uranus effect while you travelled - but then it was a different story as soon as you got back home, right?

Although I think I might have seen a post from Jim somewhere in the forum about relocating on your birthday and the chart angles of that relocation would be in effect for that entire year, but as you get back home those angles would also be in effect. Am I right about that?

I do see the importance of looking into the future solar returns of the place you choose to move/relocate to, since those charts will give us the ultimate answer to what kind of experiences the person will have during those years. This is why I am casting the SSR charts for all my family for the next 5 years as we have already decided that is most probably the minimum time we will stay there. But I am also starting to think of the possibility that we might even never come back. Uranus is a really POWERFUL catalyst of change.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm

SteveS wrote:Arena wrote and asked:
You have given an example of that somewhere in the forum Steve, getting a Uranus effect while you travelled - but then it was a different story as soon as you got back home, right?
Yes, as a first time experiment I relocated my 2014 SSR in a unique personal manner in order to see if I could get a 1 day quotidian Uranus effect on my 2014 birthday. Jim taught me with his book ISR that a Q crossing of an angle—allow 2 degrees orb or less. You see, on our birthdays is our first quotidian day for our new SSR. For example, my wife and I travel to 3-4 musical concerts each year. Last year with my 2014 SSR on my b-day I traveled to Morrison Co (39N39) (105w11) to Red Rocks outdoor Amphitheatre for the first time. This Amphitheatre was designed from an ancient Greek outdoor Amphitheatre and Red Rocks blew my mind. Everyone who loves music should try to go to a Red Rocks concert at least once in their life. My 2014 SSR Uranus was mundo 2,17 cnj my 2014 SSR IC tight 120 SSR Jupiter at Morison Co, and I made this trip not for the artist playing the concert but to endeavor to capture the full effects and purity of Uranus, and believe me I captured the full keywords effects of Uranus and it was the 2nd most exciting day in my entire life—the first being in the backseat of my 1967 Impala Chevy :) :) (bought by working 2 summers of construction jobs) many, many Moons ago under the influence of opium. You can read about my Morrison Co Uranus experience under the topic Sidereal Solar Returns titled: ‘An Angular Uranus SSR.’

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:30 pm

by Arena on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 am

Ok, so I've been studying the world function of SF and been looking into various charts to see where lines were falling.

I wanted to share this to the forum.
I wanted to know what lines were affecting me and my partner in a certain place in Turkey where we traveled to in 2008 and where I got pregnant with our first child. It was a place where I think I can say I felt most in love with him and the love between us was in it's best form. Of course people often feel like that while travelling. But we did travel for a few weeks at the time, through many countries and this was the place I would put on top of everything.

It was in Turkey where Jupiter is partile on my partner's ASC (Moon 5° from MC) and Jupiter is on my DSC (and Venus close to ASC) :)
It was indeed a great time we had there, and it was fruitful too, our first son being born 9 months later :D
Arena

Postby SteveS on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Without knowing the place and time in Turkey where you got pregnant with your ‘first’ child for further analysis with Sidereal Charts, I would think t. Pluto (very slow transit) partile cnj your tight Natal Venus-Jupiter 180 axis timed this major incident in your life. This Pluto transit would not matter where in the world you were located. This was a once in a lifetime Pluto transit to a most important aspect in your Natal Chart. Ebertin says about Venus-Jupiter-Pluto combos:

…a state of great happiness.

Bradley says about Pluto:

…it denotes “firsts” in life

SteveS

Postby Arena on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Well, thanks for pointing out that Pluto transit to Jupiter-Venus. It was indeed during that time I got pregnant with our first child.
Although I must note that it was not my first child. I had another son already, but with another man.
I guess that being in Turkey at that place at that time had special influence, since it put all those planets, along with the Pluto transit to the angles. I didn't feel that great just some weeks earlier when I stayed in another location before going to Turkey.

Astrology is such an interesting subject :)
Arena

Postby SteveS on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:44 am

I didn't feel that great just some weeks earlier when I stayed in another location before going to Turkey.

Could have been a difference in the SLR's

SteveS

Postby Arena on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:04 am

Alexandra, I've noticed that you are the only member in this forum who has lived in a location where your Moon comes to an angle (which it also will for me if I relocate to NZ) ... you said:

Moon DSC - Lived. Emotional. On all levels friends, family, work. Rough years.

Now I must ask you which planetary aspects does your natal Moon have, or did it have in that relocated mundoscope?
Why do you say they were rough years? Did you also cast your SSR's for those years?

If your natal Moon is tightly aspected, or your relocated Moon at that place, do you find it fitting with the description in here in the 3rd part (III) of this online book by Bradley where he speaks about planetary crossings?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/48191491/Dona ... phy#scribd
Arena

Postby Alexandra on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi Arena,

Natal Chart (eclipto): Moon-Jupiter OPP 3,09

My description of experience of Moon DSC was when I was living with Moon 0,21 below DSC and farther away from natal Jupiter.
Lived in this relocated area for years. Extremely emotionally turbulent.

No, did not calculare SSR.

My natal moon is not tightly aspected.
I find the sections in the online book descriptive "Under Any Moon Line" & "The Moon on the Descendant (MO DSC)"
and Jim's description of the moon foreground viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1997&p=72#p74

I notice in your natal your Jupiter is partile the DSC. Current locality, Neptune is partile DSC & Uranus is within 2,00 orb of Anti-Vertex.
Have you considered relocating closer to your natal Jupiter?
Have your compared Natal vs Current Locality and compared the experiences/perceptions to the online reference book and Jim's Descriptions on this forum?

Personally, I prefer living closer to my natal where my Jupiter is less than 2,00 above ASC.
Alexandra

Postby Jim Eshelman on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Angular Moon marks areas where you feel things terribly strongly. How that feels depends on your environment and the emotional forces pushing inside you. Intolerable environment means intolerable circumstances. Comfortable and safe-feeling environment means feeling safe and comfortable.
Jim Eshelman

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Danica wrote:I am now officially on my Mars line for the whole two days - in Chino, CA natal Mars is partile on MC - and I have to say that I noticeably feel and act martial (people around me, unfamiliar with astrology, noticed and commented on it in their own manner), even for this short amount of time! I am physically very active, full of energy, penetrative and assertive in communications, in totto feeling like a warrior on a mission (currently, the mission is to find a job and do all the administrative things right and timely).

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:32 pm

What I've found missing in the discussion on natal and relocation as well as SSR's is the appearance of the nodal axis on angles. Do any of you have experience of the nodes on relocated angles? What I've read about it elsewhere is that the place will feel "fated" in some ways or that you will meet people there that impact you for the rest of your life, such as life long friends, helpful people or even life partners as in marriage. I think I also read that places where your nodes become angular are places that feel like "home".

A point of interest to me is that my nodes will come to the MC in Edinburgh.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:32 pm

SteveS wrote:Arena, go to page 64 in COSI and read Ebertin's words on "The Dragon Head." FWIW, i was born with a tight angular Jup-Node opposition. The way this aspect has worked in my life is: It has hooked me up with people in my life who help me in different types of Jupiter ways. Ebertin says about + Jup-Node:
Entering into advantages associations.
This has happen in my life with many types of "associations."

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes you are right, Ebertin does indeed include the nodes through all his book. Also check out pages 220-223, Dragon's head/Medium coeli. It is always about connecting with people it seems.

(With a possible rectified chart for myself that I always check now and will do for some time to test it - I would have the Nnode almost exact on MC and Pluto almost exact on DSC in Edinburgh).

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:34 pm

It is always about connecting with people it seems.
Exactly!
Arena wrote:
I would have the Nnode almost exact on MC and Pluto almost exact on DSC in Edinburgh).
This indicates to me this node will connect you-up high % with a Career which will affect you in a Pluto manner.
Jim Eshelman wrote:I would go with Ebertin for Node to Meridian on that. The whole "fated" matter sounds like early 20th Century importing of Hindu astrology into pop American esoteric-leaning astrology (which came up with lots of malarkey).

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Yes Ebertin sounds pretty logical. For those who do not have his book, he says:
Individual relationships ... Associations of people with the same interests. Friends with the same outlook on life.
+The establishment of an association for the attainment of joint objectives. Unions based on a mutual inner understanding.
- The cropping up of difficulties in the pursuit of joint and common interests between people.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Alexandra wrote:For those interested in relocation. My experience in temporary relocation. Angularity measured in altitude. Mundoscope not on this computer.

Birth Place
Moon +1:33 Dsc
Jupiter +1:58 Asc
Uranus +3:54 Asc

Residence
Moon -2:50 Dsc
Jupiter +6:17 Asc
Saturn +6:57 Asc

Temporary Relocation
Moon +2:21 Dsc
Jupiter +1:20 Asc
Uranus +3:01 Asc

JSAD mentioned the energy of lines a few posts back on this thread.

I temporary relocated. It has been less than a week at temporary relocation and I feel like I am filled with all this electric energy (Moon-Uranus Midpoint?) I am zooming around, not enough time in the day, feel like actually going to jump out of my skin. Wanting to do so many things and not having enough time in the day. Thinking of new ideas/directions to go that were not even explored/considered in place of residence (Jupiter-Saturn midpoint?).

In this temporary location, I feel like I am wired. Feeling like I drank multiple cups of espresso. Natally, Sun-Uranus Trine 0.48.
SteveS wrote:Hi Alexandria,
Yes, Moon-Uranus is par-excellent symbolism for lots of excitement. However, without the location of your temporary location it would be difficult for a Siderealist to do a full analysis. Have you provided your birth info on the forum? How long have you been in this temporary location? I would definitely want to analyze SLR’s and SSR’s for this temporary location, as well with any possible aspects to the 4 Moons. Since you have prominent Moon-Uranus symbolism in your Natal and there is not much change with the angles from temporary location to birth residence, the question needs to be asked: Why the surge of excitement now in life? Can you provide location of temporary residence?
Alexandra wrote:Hi everyone. Did not mean to be confusing. Data posted in forum data.

I find location and angularity really interesting. I have not lived near my place of birth for 20+ years. Recently I temporarily relocated to Seattle WA and I noticed the energy was really different from residence=San Diego CA.

Thinking it may be moving closer to natal Uranus & natally I have Sun-Uranus trine partile. Then, rereading threads. Jim discusses Moon foreground=hyper senses.

Everyone brought up really good points. SSR, transits, locality. I just find it really interesting.

I was sharing experience. All input/comments welcome. I am not distressed in any way. Would like to make relocation permanent. Or at least move back to natal area. The energy is more concentrate/zooming a mile a minute yet I feel lighter.
SteveS wrote:Alexandra,
Your relocated SSR to Seattle has a 27,00 Pisces Descendant. Transiting Uranus today is 27,46 Pisces retrograde so t. Uranus will be partile conjunct your Seattle SSR Dsc for several weeks. Unaffiliated Uranus should always be read a ‘thrill’ planet producing excitement when on an angle.

Your Demi SSR (an important Sidereal Chart) for all locations features a potent partile Moon-Uranus conjunction partile conjunct Seattle’s anti-vertex, a sensitive chart point. So we see more dominating Uranus symbolism for your temporary location in Seattle.

Your current SLR in Seattle features Jupiter partile cnj your SLR MC in rotational square with SLR Saturn in the near foreground of the SLR Asc. Positive Jupiter-Saturn symbolism can represent business like circumstances involving types of structure changes which could be positive economic changes.

Your next SLR in Seattle (Oct 15) is a most benefic SLR with a MC-IC axis of 13,40 Pisces-Virgo, with Moon 14,53 Pisces and SLR Jupiter 12,44 Virgo. Mundo SLR Jupiter is partile conjunct SLR IC. Angular Moon-Jupiter symbolism is a most benefic influence. Also very important SLR Sun partile 180 SLR Uranus offering again thrilling-exciting influences. I would definitely want to hang around Seattle with this SLR.

How long do you plan being in Seattle? Is there a specific fundamental reason you are experiencing mucho excitement in Seattle? Thanks for posting your Birth/Locations data—it helps teaches all of us Sidereal Astrology principles pertaining to the subject matter of this thread.
Alexandra wrote:Hi Steve. Thank you for the above.

I came to Seattle to help a friend. I thought, Seattle angularity is similar to my natal angles. Bring your interview clothes and see if the environment is more beneficial than current residence. I have been here a week. I had an interview on Wednesday and 2 more tomorrow. Wednesday's interview, I already had a call back and need to submit additional information. Tomorrow's interviews, I submitted my resume on Friday and interview appointments tomorrow.

It appears from the SSR/SLR that it is supporting my natal/relocated angles. Since my natal angles are similar to Seattle. In terms of locality angles, am I interpreting the midpoints correctly? San Diego Jupiter-Saturn. Seattle Moon-Uranus.

If all goes well, I will be relocating permanently for economic reasons. It is really scary to move after 22 years in another place. The rewards outweight the fear. I am actually getting interviews. Then I think, is it me acting different in the environment or the environment embracing me or both.
SteveS wrote:IMO Alexandra, you are finding yourself in the 'right place at the right time' with your Seattle SLR's, and your Seattle SSR is 'timing' you to feel a tremendous amount of excitement with much prominent Uranus symbolism. Your Seattle Oct 15 SLR (Oct 15-Nov 11) should secure you a happy employment situation.

Now I will analyze the 3 different locations for you.
1: Santa Cruz, your birth location, Natal Ascendant 13,24 Virgo
2: San Diego, your current residence, relocated Natal Ascendant 17, 50 Virgo
3: Seattle, your temporary residence, relocated Natal Ascendant 12, 24 Virgo

Natal Jupiter 11,44 Virgo. We can clearly see here the Seattle location places your Natal Jupiter partile (1 degree or less) conjunct your relocated Seattle Natal Ascendant 12,24 Virgo. Jim Eshelman, our host of this forum has been teaching for over 40 years:
Partile aspects reign supreme.
Without a doubt, looking at the 3 above locations, the Seattle location offers a more potent benefic location with your Natal Jupiter partile conjunct your relocated Natal Ascendant in Seattle. Also, a very important note: When your most benefic Oct 15th SLR begins in Seattle, transiting Jupiter will be partile conjunct your relocated Seattle Natal Ascendant.

***Another very interesting note: At 7:58 AM today in Seattle, you begin a Jupiter Return (once every 12 years) which features:

Descendant: 28,28 Pisces
Uranus 27,43 Pisces partile conjunct Descendant (Again, par-excellent symbolism for excitement).
Mercury 1,11 conjunct Jupiter (A most excellent aspect for any kind of commerce). This Mercury-Jupiter conjunction trines the Return Moon.
Venus partile conjunct anti-vertex, a ‘sensitive’ chart point.
Jupiter Return Moon partile conjunct your Natal Sun (Moon-Sun symbolism usually symbolizes important life events).

Alexandra, I think you should feel very confident you are in the 'right place at the right time' for possible excellent opportunities. Keep us informed.
SteveS wrote:Alexandra wrote:
A great learning tool for me to see in action.
Indeed! Back in the days when I first started learning Sidereal Astrology, I did a tremendous amount of work with my return charts relocating myself to temporary locations with planets on the relocated angles with partile aspects, if present. I proved to my mind relocating my return charts to various locations for various practical objectives worked, but imo, the only way this can be proved to the mind of an analytical astrologer is through personal learning experience by temporary relocating with actual live tests. I was lucky, for a few years in my life I had the luxury of time and income to travel extensively for testing relocating my temporary angles with the main principles for Sidereal Astrology--not every astrologer has the luxury of time and income to test. Your temporary location in Seattle is an excellent example for temporary relocating and testing the core principles of Sidereal Astrology. I thank you again for sharing your Seattle experiences and your birth data. I truly enjoyed analyzing your current situation in Seattle.
Alexandra wrote:For 22 years, have lived 461 miles from natal on a Jupiter-Saturn midpoint. Three days ago, moved within 32 miles of natal. Moon, Jupiter, Uranus foreground. Member data updated. Looking forward to Jim's sun study forum discuss. Especially Capricorn Sun to gain insight on how others see us and how to learn to use the Capricorn energy positively. :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 am

I would like to add a little bit to this thread as I think people should look into their directed solar arc chart for any relocation they are considering. I am pretty sure the the relocated directed chart has powerful influence just like the natal but I am not quite sure if we should look at this in mundo or just ecliptically/zodiacal. Or perhaps not use the globe feature... but instead simply cast a directed chart and then relocate that chart to the location in question. I'm wondering what would be the best method to do this with Solar Fire.

I want to explore my current relocation as well as a possible upcoming temporary relocation in Costa Rica or Portugal (just wondering if I should take off for a couple of months while in the separation limbo life). However the different methods/settings show very different results, but I can see that the directed chart has the directed angles close to my n. Venus-Jup-Pluto points in Costa Rica and Portugal.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 am

I think solar arcs of angles are all ecliptical. I could be wrong from too little data, but I think that's the case. and it makes it consistent with both the spirit of directions and the observations of progressions (e.g., quotidian angles work ecliptically).

On best method: The biggest limitation in SF's astro-mapping tool is that you can't combine multiple charts, e.g., solar arcs and natal (or SSR and natal, or whatever), so I don't think there's a way to visually scan the globe. One would have to do a chart for a specific location. Since your solar arc planets have the same relationship to your solar arc angles as your natal planets have to your natal angles, the planet lines in astro-mapping are the same spot when you map a solar arc chart as when you map the natal chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:05 am

Yes I think the ecliptical makes most sense.
That means my original natal relocated to Costa Rica has the Sun within 5° from DSC and Moon within 5° from IC whereas the directed chart would have the d. Sun partile the d. DSC and n. Venus partile the d. IC as the closest planet to angles within the T-square with Jup 1,52 from d. MC and Pluto slightly wider on the DSC. It seems like a worthwhile relocation to try out ...although next year's SSR is not the best year to try it since I would have SSR Mars partile the DSC over there. Although it might come in handy with some action energy if I want to help build houses over there (which I would like to).

Portugal relocated directed chart would have the Moon-Mer square as most prominent, closest to angle... but it would also have n. Jup as the closest planet within my T-square and come to d. DSC within 4°. My next SSR would have the IC on the midpoint between Venus and Sun.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:27 am

Arena wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:05 am
That means my original natal relocated to Costa Rica has the Sun within 5° from DSC and Moon within 5° from IC whereas the directed chart would have the d. Sun partile the d. DSC...
There is some calculation error here. By definition, the ecliptical distance from natal Sun to natal Descendant will always be exactly the same as the ecliptical distance from solar arc Sun to solar arc Descendant.

Using San Jose, Costa Rica as the working location, your natal chart has Sun 16°22' Cancer, San Jose Descendant 12°26' Cancer. For today (right now), your Solar Arc Sun is 1°42' Virgo, Solar Arc Descendant for San Jose 27°46' Leo.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 am

My sentence should maybe have been explained with one being measured mundanely and the other (solar arc) is ecliptic. Simply casting a relocated chart to CR with my natal it gives the mundane position of the Sun between 4-5° from DSC depending on location... although it comes as close as 3,43° from DSC in San Jose. But I do get a different solar arc DSC than what you do. If I direct my natal chart to July 8th 2019 and then relocate it to San Jose, Costa Rica I get Sun at 1,42°Virgo and DSC at 3,40° Virgo.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 am

Ah, got it. That's the problem.

You have to relocate it first, then take the solar arc of that. The method SF uses for calculating relocation will screw it up otherwise.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 am

I see. I simply assumed SF would do the calculations in the same way with the two approaches.
When I relocate first I see the following:

Edinburgh
D. Saturn has been on l. IC and d. MC is in 1°orb with n. Saturn, no wonder it's been depressive for a long while.
Continued living in Edinburgh will mean that the d. Saturn to IC moves out of the 2° orb and the d. Neptune out of 1° orb in summer 2020 but then the d. MC will still be partile sq n. Saturn. For the d. Nep to be out of 2° and d. MC to be out of 1° orb it will take 2 years from now. I am not sure it is a healthy environment for me, unless the SSR's really help alleviate that heavy burden. The next two years SSRs in Edinburgh do seem to be very positive with Jupiter, Venus and Moon themes as I see it ...although I do fear that period when Saturn and Pluto are going to conjunct the n. Nnode which is usually connected with family and close relationships. I noticed they will be opposing my father's n. Sun at the same time.

Costa Rica
POF is partile conjunct l. MC.
D. ASC has been moving out of 3° orb with n. Saturn ... so I guess in the safe zone now....but that d. ASC would have t. Neptune back and forth in its vicinity it for a long while.
D. Pluto has moved out of the 1° intense orb and is 1,38° from l. MC. (I think the orb is wider than 1°... so this is still an active conjunction).
However, the plus is that d. MC is exact on n. Jupiter right now....so maybe this is a good place to spend a few months.

Portugal
L. MC partile conjunct n. Nodes.
D. ASC partile conjunct both n. Venus and n. Jupiter and 1,39° from sq n. Pluto.
D. Venus partile sq. l. ASC.
Att. d. Saturn is moving into orb with the l. POF.

Both Portugal and Costa Rica seem like they could be good places with these solar arcs.
I feel drawn to both places.

However, the 2019 SSR looks a lot better in Portugal where the Sun-Venus conjunction wraps around the SSR IC over there....but it will still have n. Neptune on the SSR DSC.

The SSR in CR will have Mars partile the DSC and Mars forms the midpoint in a yod with Nep and Pluto. N. Mars is also in that vicinity. Perhaps that's ok if I would be helping to build houses as I would like to ... but it could also bring out other aspects of Mars aggression.
This SSR will also have the SSR Venus on l. DSC and that Sun-Venus conjunction is wrapped around the l. WP. So I guess that is also a good place to be :)

Maybe I will simply visit both places within this SSR.