Unable to relocate Solar and Lunar

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Unable to relocate Solar and Lunar

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:56 pm

You all know I wasn't able to travel to relocate my Solar either for 2019 or for 2020. In 2019, I had Saturn exactly on my midheaven, and it was bad. Cat died, ex bricked my phone, stubbed my toe repeatedly till it broke, and so on and on and on. This year, covid prevented travel, but I managed to drive an hour and put transiting Jupiter exactly on the Midheaven, even though it's opposing natal Neptune.

So yesterday was my lunar return, and I had a chance to put transiting Jupiter exactly on the ASC by driving an hour east. My car is not happy driving that far, and unlike the solar trip, it was going to be an hour into the middle of nowhere after dark (7:50 PM) so I made reservations for a rental car. Since I would have to take it overnight, and they have no place to leave my car, I made reservations for them to pick me up, and drop me off after I returned this morning.

I called the local rental place Wednesday and they said, yes they could pick me up and drop me off, and put me through to their reservation line, where again I was assured they could pick me up and drop me off and the reservation said that, and also said they would call me a half hour before picking me up.

So yesterday when the time for them to pick me up passed without them calling, I called the local office and a nice young man said, nope, they had a reservation for me but not to pick me up. He said he could come and pick me up right away, but nobody could possibly drop me off because they only had two people in the office on Saturdays.

So I cancelled the reservation, my car made it clear he wasn't going on any two hour round trips, and I harbored ill will all evening.

I don't understand what is keeping me from traveling for solars and now for this lunar. Anybody have any ideas?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Unable to relocate Solar and Lunar

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 am

I thought you got away to a place you picked for SSR.

As for more recently... hard to say. Your Mercury is fairly disconnected from stuff. You have progressed Mercury sextile natal Saturn within a degree, but I'm really not going to say that this is what's going on unless your car karma happens to coincide with the time that's been in orb.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:33 am

My car's 26 years old. Or 27 years by now. He likes being close to home, and it's become more pronounced over the last couple of years. He turns on his check engine light if we go too far.

I drove an hour SW of here for my SSR. Dark roads, raccoons. Put T Jupiter exactly conjunct the WP. Best I could do.

My first choice was Winslow AZ and when I couldn't go there because of Covid-19. I tried for W of Boise, but again, Covid-19 for the block. Either would have put transiting Jupiter on the Dsc.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 am

The check engine light on a 27 year old Jeep imo is what the problem is.

What is wrong with the Jeep? Have you had it scanned to reveal what the code is? It could be something like an oxygen sensor goes off when your gas tank gets low...if the code pops up after a long ride it doesnt necessarily mean the Jeep is about to conk out.
Your gas cap/ and the area that it screws into might have rust that leaks fumes out and triggers the sensors.
I doubt you are leaking oil or tranny fluid as you would nitice that and I also doubt it is your battery ....but...also..your belts might get slightly loose if your engine mounting bolts wiggle over the drive. Make sure all your bolts and brackets are tight. No other light comes on correct? (Ie..battery..oil...temperature gauges)
You are rightfully cautious about travel.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 am

In case it's useful, progressed Mercury sextiles your natal Saturn October 2019 to January 2021 - not far to go. I wouldn't expect so material an event from a progression, especially a soft aspect, but the symbolism of the planets is right and it would at least pile up frustrations etc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 am

Veronica wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 am
I agree. But...
What is wrong with the Jeep? Have you had it scanned to reveal what the code is?
They can't scan it. It's too old and nobody has a scanner with the right plug.

I found the codes for the check engine light and how to get it to blink them, but I can't count them well enough. I need to take it to my mechanic who should be able to.

But it only goes just about two miles before the light comes on. My mechanic told me to drive it about an hour down to Lincoln, get a cup of coffee and come back once a week and that should help. It didn't, and I'm not comfortable driving it that far now.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:47 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 am
In case it's useful, progressed Mercury sextiles your natal Saturn October 2019 to January 2021 - not far to go. I wouldn't expect so material an event from a progression, especially a soft aspect, but the symbolism of the planets is right and it would at least pile up frustrations etc.
It is useful, thanks. I don't think a long-term progression is causing this continual thwarting of plans to move my angles around.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 am
Veronica wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 am
I agree. But...
What is wrong with the Jeep? Have you had it scanned to reveal what the code is?
They can't scan it. It's too old and nobody has a scanner with the right plug.

I found the codes for the check engine light and how to get it to blink them, but I can't count them well enough. I need to take it to my mechanic who should be able to.

But it only goes just about two miles before the light comes on. My mechanic told me to drive it about an hour down to Lincoln, get a cup of coffee and come back once a week and that should help. It didn't, and I'm not comfortable driving it that far now.
A licensed Jeep/Dodge/Chrsyler dealership will be able to scan and repair anything wrong. Not any mecganic. A dealership.
You can always have it towed there for diagnosis.

Imh your mechanic put you in harms way by advising you to drive on an undiagnosed check engine light.