Mundoscope & Precession spreadsheets

Because so many of us use Solar Fire, this space collates tips & custom templates.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Mundoscope & Precession spreadsheets

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 pm

They come up in read only mode. There is an option to edit them. There is no option to download them.

There is an option to sign in to Excel online, if you have a user name and password.

Those are only Derek's worksheets. I think we'll have to ask Mike to put up his again.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey I found it!
If you click on "tell me what you want to do" in the Excel toolbar (about half way across the page) it will offer options, one of which is "download a copy" That works.

Not obvious though.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:18 am

The simplest way I see is the standard Excel menu: Click the File tab near the upper left, then Save As. You can do a standard Save As and there is also a "Download a Copy" option.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:32 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Those are only Derek's worksheets. I think we'll have to ask Mike to put up his again.
I have a copy of Mike's spreadsheet (version 3, the latest on this thread) as it is, unedited (I think). Here's a link to it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18F6Efe ... sp=sharing

Note: The "default" latitude, for some reason is in negative values (-37°,-49'). I suppose it's for a Southern hemisphere location, but Mike lives in the Northern hemisphere himself. When using the spreadsheet, type positive values for Northern latitudes and negative values for Southern latitudes, and it will work as intended.

Also, many thanks to Derek and Jim for creating and simplifying this spreadsheet, and of course to Mike too, who made it much more user-friendly, with orbs from the angles listed. :mrgreen: :D

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks Scales!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:33 am

A repeat request: Do not edit these sheets, please. You will ruin it for everyone else.

I just got a notification that someone is online editing one of these spreadsheets. I'll give them a few minutes then go in and restore it as best I can.

The correct procedure is to DOWNLOAD A COPY to your computer and work on it there. Please do NOT work on it directly on the cloud copy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:11 am

Jim, I think it's best that you replace those links with new ones, without editing rights.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:04 pm
The files in the top post are view only. Can't download them.
I believe the issue JSAD had here with downloading the files is that it's hard to find where to download them. Now, we already know that you'd just need to click "File" and then click "Save As" to download a copy.

I even uploaded a test excel file onto OneDrive and created a shareable link without editing rights. I opened the link in a private window, and I was still able to download that test file.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 am

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:11 am
Jim, I think it's best that you replace those links with new ones, without editing rights.
People reported the other day that they couldn't download them until I turned on the editing rights.

There are only two settings: view only, or view and edit. I wouldn't think editing rights would be required for downloading, but until I made the change people said they couldn't download them.
I believe the issue JSAD had here with downloading the files is that it's hard to find where to download them. Now, we already know that you'd just need to click "File" and then click "Save As" to download a copy.

I even uploaded a test excel file onto OneDrive and created a shareable link without editing rights. I opened the link in a private window, and I was still able to download them.
That's what I thought should happen. Here's the problem - you did that with your own files, right? That's why I couldn't test. I have complete rights and can do anything I want with the files anytime I want - so I have to count on other people to tell me how things are behaving. (Every device I have has user accounts integrated to that OneDrive space pretty transparently, it's always like everything is just sitting on my desktop.)

So let me know folks... what should I do here? Consensus? (Thanks, Scales.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:23 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 am
That's what I thought should happen. Here's the problem - you did that with your own files, right?
Yeah, but I did open my link in a new private/incognito window where I wasn't signed into my Microsoft account.

Here's the link to my test excel file, without editing rights: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ahz_8uOjbXYJgUWLBGR ... 3?e=d7kIcu
It's the same Mike's 3rd version spreadsheet, just on OneDrive now. Does the link work? Are you guys able to download a copy?

EDIT: Had to replace the link because I accidentally deleted it
Last edited by TheScales_BothWays on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 am

Download is fine - fast, direct. I'll regenerate all the links when I get some time later this morning. - Thanks again, Scales.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:37 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 am
Download is fine - fast, direct. I'll regenerate all the links when I get some time later this morning. - Thanks again, Scales.
Great 🤩

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:05 am

It's not intuitive.
There's a (green) bar that has a grid at the left, "Solunars RA-Mundo V3 -View-only" in the middle and "Sign in" on the right.
Just below that (green) bar is a menu bar. First item on the left is "file". (Home is next to it and highlighted. Ignore that.) Click on File.
That opens to an "Info" box with a menu in (green) on left. First item on the menu is info. Second item is "save as". Click on "save as."
That changes the info box to Save As. Two options, download a copy and download as ODS.
Click download a copy. Your computer will pop up a box asking if you want to save a copy or open it. Save it.
If you can't find where you saved it, you'll have to try again but choose "open with" and save the sheet from the program it opens in on your computer. Remember where you save it, and when you open it to use it, open it and make a copy to work with so you don't overwrite the original.

(green) means green on my computer. Maybe some other color on yours.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 am

It's intuitive (routine pattern) if one is used to using Microsoft Office (any version from the last several years) but probably not otherwise.

I agree it would be nice if anything on OneDrive also had a download button in the upper right like some other programs. Then again, the goal is to make this as little different from installed Excel on your computer as possible, so they normal Save As steps get you there.

I'll add a few more instructions up top.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com