Sidereal Natal Interpretations in Solar Fire

Because so many of us use Solar Fire, this space will collate the various tips & custom templates. (Some free downloads are scattered around the forum in other locations where they make more sense.)
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Sidereal Natal Interpretations in Solar Fire

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 pm

I am concerned that it would detract from other things I need to do. I've already stalled several other things to do this much. OTOH it has pushed me to sharpen several other things (e.g., non-luminary sign stuff and angular planet summaries) that will be useful in other projects on the burner.

I do know that I don't want to touch any interpretive stuff this way. I'm so sick of the decades-long mantra that Sidereal astrology is great for prediction but Tropical astrology is what you use to understand character. It's heart-breaking. So I don't want to do anything new that will be a stand-out success for prediction until the world gets turned around to the idea that Sidereal astrology is foremost the way to understand human character, and the best tool we have.

I might update the synastry aspect interpretations, though that is a huge project that would begin with finding charts for a hundred or so relationships I know personally and digging through them in detail. It would bring everything else to a halt if I did it right (but I have to do it someday, so...).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:22 pm

I thoroughly understand Jim. I see no need to be in a hurry to do any more with what you have already done with your new int file except eventually complete it the way you know is practically sufficient. I look upon what you have done with the new int file as a much needed tool for your forum with any present forum member or new member in getting a rapid free Sidereal Natal interpretation.

BTW, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with my geek friend and mission accomplished for downloading your mundane chart wheel and new int file and loading into Solar User Data file. Thanks a-lot. :) So, if you don't have time to do this for a forum member who wants a Sidereal Natal Chart int, just ask me and I will do it for. you.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 pm

As new people show up, I think it might be kind to give them a trim version of the report, plus a few overview opinions, before sending them off to the subforums to read more lengthy and potentially confusing pages.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 am

Jim wrote:
As new people show up, I think it might be kind to give them a trim version of the report, plus a few overview opinions, before sending them off to the subforums to read more lengthy and potentially confusing pages.
:idea: Exactly Jim! I am beginning to think your work here may turn out to be very important for new students learning Sidereal Astrology, and for seasoned Sidereal Astrologers on this forum to possibly expand their client base out into their communities. Since I am new to Solarfire int customizing, tell me as you being the most experienced Sidereal Astrologer on this forum---what is needed from a Sidereal Astrology standpoint to allow you better flexibility for possibly tweaking the Solarfire's customizing int User files for possible richer Sidereal Astrology content? Or, can I contact the writer(s) of Solarfire and ask them: can they write us a specialized file to make int customizing better for you to do your Sidereal Astrology expertise with customizing Solarfire int ?

Also, do you see certain possibilities for you do the same type customizing for a Solar/Lunar Return specialized int file for new students as well for seasoned Sidereal Astrologers on the forum, based on your great work with ISR?

Also, based on your experience/insight with Sidereal Astrology, do you think a customize int file is needed for certain Natal midpoints? Is this possible?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:48 am

What would be needed is outside the capabilities of software like SF. It would require an entirely different approach involving artificial intelligence levels that barely exist. The most they could do is expand the possibility to pull new, additional categories of paragraphs, E.G., all 144 Sun-Moon sign pairs, or combinations of angular planet sets, or the ability to synthesize all the aspects to a given planet.

Since the interpretation module can't even correctly determine angularity, I don't see how an SLR analysis could be written.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 am

Since partile aspects 'reign supreme' as a maxim for Sidereal Astrology, would not you want to identify these aspects for others in you Sidereal Natal int. file, as allowing more potency?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 am

The interpretation system will use whatever orbs you have set in SF. I have mostly been running it only with Class 1 aspects.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:30 pm

I've just downloaded the file, and installed, works perfectly!
- And in the process, installed the Mundoscope wheel file too!!! - finally :D
What I've been doing wrong all this time was putting the file in the SF user files in its own folder, in the Program Files; instead, there's a folder with SF User Files in the main Documents folder on PC - it should go there.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:31 am

:) Me and you both Danica, I think I was doing the same thing in error. Now that I have a good friend who Sat showed me what I had being doing wrong, I will begin a process with writing my individual int file with Ebertin's 'Principle' for planetary combo's and probable manifestations (+) & (-) to be used with SSR's & SLR's readings. I am contacting the publishers of Ebertin's 'Combination of Stellar Influences' to see if I will be in violation of any copyright laws for partial quotes as long as my int. file cites the author and book. If I am in violation of copyright laws, I will purchase many COSI books to be given to clients including page numbers for delineations with the cost of my fee to clients for their SSR's with my recent expansion for Sidereal Astrology services into my community. With my many years of experience using this book with Solar & Lunar returns, I know it is a mind blowing book for Return Chart work and clear Natal signatures. When I complete this int file, I will post link on this topic.

mikestar13
Retired (Former) Forum Member

Post by mikestar13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:26 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 am
...The biggest barrier is technology of creating software to sit behind a web page for people to access. (You can't just load Solar Fire on a web server and have it work.) Another problem (if somehow we bizarrely overcame that) is licensing restrictions regarding Solar Fire's use that way.

Ahhh... but maybe our buddy Mike Nelson (Mikestar) can do this. He already has ways of calculating positions, aspects, better anglarity than the SF module does. He woud just need to use it to pick select paragraphs, string text together, and issue a reporg (and then make the whole thing work in a web environment, preferably on a Unix/Apache system such as that which hosts this site). Mike, if you;re listening, what think you?
If the dll's can connect to JavaScript or PHP, I could make something platform agnostic that runs in a browser. It would be an adaptation of my existing software, giving completely accurate angularity info, I can even access interpretations of background planets if you care to write them, and minor angles can be accounted for if you want. Now if the dll's can't be used that way, the solution will be more platform dependent, and I don't know enough Linux/Apache to handle that part of it and I'd need to set up a dual boot system on my laptop to have a learning/testing environment. Let me look into the platform-agnostic idea, the alternative is probably more than I can handle. If I or another programmer go through with this idea, you will need a professional license from Astrodienst for the dll's. If I end up working for compensation, I'll need to see a lawyer about how to structure it, to not screw up my Medi-Cal.I need a Medi-Cal savvy lawyer to handle my divorce in any case. I'll do some research and let Jim and Steve know.
Time matters

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks Mike, I so wish i understood (could see the forest for the trees) what you understand in this matter.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 pm

I've updated the file: All Mars-sign interpretations are now loaded.

I suggest you download a new copy.

Interpretations may be tweaked a bit. In time, there will be more updates. But for now, this is complete. (I have another product coming soon that will be an alternative way to do a report.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:30 am

Jim wrote:
I've updated the file: All Mars-sign interpretations are now loaded.
I suggest you download a new copy.
Interpretations may be tweaked a bit. In time, there will be more updates. But for now, this is complete. (I have another product coming soon that will be an alternative way to do a report.)
Thanks Jim, keep up the great work as you find the time.

Jim, at astrolabe (where Solarfire is sold, they have a free Natal Chart interpretation defaulted to tropical zodiac, and it is fully automated to instantly generate the Chart & Interpretations. As soon as I hit the summit button, my Chart and interprets appeared instantly, very cool.
https://alabe.com/freechart/
Here is link with my Chart (Tropical) and interrupt’s.
https://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobo ... mit=Submit
Is it OK with you if I contact the webmaster (Ray White) at Astrolabe and discuss with him about possibly setting up the same type service on your forum with your Sidereal Natal int? Go to Astrolabe above link and plug in your birth data and you will see what I mean.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:11 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:30 am
Jim, at astrolabe (where Solarfire is sold, they have a free Natal Chart interpretation defaulted to tropical zodiac, and it is fully automated to instantly generate the Chart & Interpretations. As soon as I hit the summit button, my Chart and interprets appeared instantly, very cool.
Oh, I didn't say it couldn't be done I said I have no way of doing it - it's technologically past me. Sure if Mike (or, for that matter ALabe) wanted to code it, we could dedicate Solunars.net (not currently in use except as a forward to Solunars.com), or (better yet, I think) a link on an updated Solunars.org to the function. I just can't do it myself, and really don't think I should divert the time and energy to try to do it,

For ALabe, though, this product is a loss-leader. That is, at negligible cost, they offer this free first introduction in order to advertise their paid reports that are much longer and cost abut $35 each. I'm not sure they want to give that away, though there might be a basis for collaboration.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 am

As long its ok with you, I will explore astrolabe system with Ray White at Astrolabe for possible use on your forum. I am leaving to go out of town, and when I get back I will contact astrolabe.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
New Interpretation File (in Microsoft Word)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:34 am

Here is the alternative method I've been planning.

Attached is a Microsoft Word file for you do download. It has the entire set of interpretive notes contained in one file. Basically, just delete what doesn't apply to the chart, and you have a complete report.
https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ansnmu2xbktamNt0wmNy-I048vI4WQ

Here is a sample report on me:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ansnmu2xbktamMAMjbP3q13PBks6Zw

Here is how I recommend you use it:

Download the file, Customize it as you see fit, for example: Put your name at the top. But your name and contact information at the bottom. If you don't like what I wrote (in the introduction, the interpretations, etc.), change it. You may use this text freely for reports; if you make the text yours instead of just using my text, feel free to change or remove the copyright notice in the footer.

Next, to do a report for a particular individual, MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE (so that your customized original is undamaged), and edit it. Write their name and birth data at the top. Delete the paragraphs that don't apply to them. For example, under Angular Planets, delete the paragraphs for any non-angular planets (and then organize the remaining paragraphs in the sequence you want, say prioritized by closeness). In the Moon, Sun, Mars, Mercury, and Venus sections, delete the sign, house, and aspects that don't apply. (If you don't want the house interpretations, delete them in your master file.) Under each aspect, delete the aspect type that doesn't apply; for example, with a couple of quick deletions, change Venus Conjunct Opposite Square Pluto to Venus Square Pluto. (For each aspect, there is one paragraph for Conjunctions, Oppositions, and Squares; another for Trines and Sextiles; and another for Semi-squares and Sesqui-squares.)

If (as in most charts) there is no stellium, delete the entire stellium section.

This is faster than it might sound. After you have a chart calculated and have typed the native's birth data at the top, it takes about 2 minutes to delete the unnecessary paragraphs and have a finished report (or one you can, if you wish, start editing and customizing).

PRO TIP: If you want to have a crisp, tight report on only the most confirmed, most reliable, most important factors, delete all house references and the sign positions of Mercury and Venus; and set your orbs to Class 1 aspects. This will give a tighter report with angular planets; Sun, Moon, and Mars signs; and close aspects.

Let me know what you think. Does this work for you? Is there something that can make it better? Notice that the aspects are whatever you want them to be.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm

I think I see what you are doing, very cool. When I get home back to my desktop I will get into your links with serious look. I will also call Ray at astrolabe for some questions which may help us improve delivery, but probably beyond my comprehension but I have another contact who would be able to communicate with Ray in his language. I still want to test your Sidereal Natal int. file with large group for feedback. Lots of new exciting things are developing with this topic and my experiment. :)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Steve, for the Solunars page on Facebook, I just generated (from the Word file above) a report for Robin Williams (July 21, 1951, 1:34 PM CST, Milwaukee, WI). I made this one unusually trim - cut out the paragraphs explaining what each planet did, dropped houses and Mercury & Venus signs, then moved a couple of paragraphs around at the end. After the introduction, here is what the system produced.

ANGULAR PLANETS are the most expressive in your horoscope. Later in this report, you will see each of them listed with their aspects (which show the way each interacts with other planets). Here follows the meaning of any angular planet(s) in your horoscope.

Angular Pluto (Midheaven 0°15'). Social outliers needing to be authentically themselves, without labels or arbitrary standards or expectations. Eccentric, antisocial, outrageous; won’t melt into the conventional collective; singularly unique in their context, on their own path (vulnerable to persecution). Gentle, inoffensive, innocent, shy. Grapples with spiritual actualities.

Angular Mercury (Midheaven 0°25'). Alert, attentive, observant, strategic, analytic. Mentally sharp, hard to fool (knows more about you than you think). Little emotional affect, hard to read. Nervous (anxiety? worry? touchy?). Easily bored without regular mental stimulation. Good at precise, detailed work; naturals at handling business. Curiosity drives sexual choices as much as any other factor.

Mercury Conjunct Pluto (3°18'). Thinking is individual, unusual, outlier, perhaps branching to bizarre, little-explored topics. Investigative, seeks primal (seed) causes, thinks deeply about things. Mind may skirt the cliff-edge of normalcy (may slip off): acute enthusiasm, possible burnout. Extremely excitable, especially about inquiries and discoveries. Impatient (irritable in the face of obstacles; tolerates frustration poorly). Instinct for abstract mathematics (manifests in composers, chess players, physicists).

MOON

MOON IN AQUARIUS. Instinct for interconnection of all things & breadth (diverse interests) as sources of genius. Intellectually rebellious, curious, investigative, futuristic. Science, analysis, discovery. Free spirit + social responsibility. Sexually curious; strange marital conditions. Humane: sympathetic to others’ troubles. Social idealist, reformer. Avoids “herd mind.” Occultists. Space, astronomy, astrology, sci fi, etc.

MOON OPPOSITE VENUS (0°41'). Attractive, charming; much sexual charisma. Gracious (ingratiating), affectionate, sensual. Fond of social niceties. High frustration tolerance. (Passive-dependent, moody, can be blindsided by strong feelings, often preoccupied with whether they are liked.)

MOON TRINE URANUS (1°18'). Intellectually rebellious, roving, curious, inquiring. Not wholly comfortable with outside guidance. Original, futuristic, needing variety. Free-spirited: psychologically lives outside convention. Subject to tensions, emotional stress.

MOON TRINE MARS (2°24'). Active-reactive; temper. Detests idleness. Driven, competent, ambitious. Impatient, acerbic, irritable. Frank, sharp-tongued (friction in relationships). Needs physical, emotional, & mental room to breathe. Possible substance abuse. Sexual needs strong, irrepressible.

SUN

SUN IN CANCER. Thrives within imagination & complexity (vision; or lost in fantasy). Lives in others’ shadow; finds purpose in service & emulation. Conceive & deliver results. Persuasive, trusted, instinct for motives. Live in mystery or its resolution: create or solve puzzles. Renewed by home or sanctuary. Sensitive, moody, self-absorbed.

SUN SEXTILE SATURN (0°22'). Effective survivor, works hard, few luxuries; prefers modest accommodations. Authority & other parent-based issues to overcome. Serious; yet good sense of humor. Struggles with self-sufficiency can block progress; more inclined to reaction than action.

MARS

MARS IN GEMINI. Bright, inquiring; forthright, decisive (strong opinions). Argumentative (debate, stirs conversation; eloquent?). Pragmatic (not idealistic). Methodical. Scientific mind hones facts, can commit mind to research (scientists). Strength from being heard; otherwise over-compensates. (May “know better than anyone else,” need to be right.) Substance abuse.

MARS CONJUNCT URANUS (1°05'). Uncompromisingly individualist (but rarely ungraciously so). Bold, often stand out as highly distinctive characters in their circles. Natural rebel, challenges prevailing thinking, brutally honest. Always into something new, often offbeat. Takes risks psychologically (sometimes physically). Industrious, resourceful, shows initiative. Mentally quick, not necessarily intellectual; knack for astute assessment of situations, analytical, mechanical instincts. Sexually uninhibited, enthusiastic (lifestyle may challenge social standards; actions may challenge the world to try to stop them). Trusts own instincts more than outside advice.

MARS SQUARE JUPITER (1°57'). Exalts strength, competition, and conquest with a zest for living. Common for successful competitive athletes; in most others, it shows vitality and enthusiasm for bringing an ever-improving “personal best.” Confidence in their own strength adds impermanence to any defeats. Morally if not physically courageous. Enterprising, resourceful. Sexually ardent, lusty, eager, popular, on the hunt. “Money to burn” (generous or extravagant; rarely holds onto cash for long; seems confident in the stream of resources). Aggressive in their beliefs, evangelical in their lives (irrepressible enthusiasts, missionaries, barnstormers of doctrine or other interests).

VENUS SEXTILE MARS (1°43'). Passion (in all senses), feels powerfully about things, seeks vivid experiences. Sexual passions mature early, continue late, rarely encumbered by too many conditions. Fun-loving, loves romance: interesting, likable, sociable horny people.

OTHER ASPECTS

VENUS SEXTILE URANUS (0°38'). Pleasure needs are free from social convention or taboo; enjoys diverse social & sexual experiences. Approach friendship, love, & sex impersonally, on their own terms (deep instinct for flexibility & freedom). Popular, friendly, flirtatious, roguish.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:25 pm

8-) Why didn't you think of this topic long ago? :D

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm

It wasn't a priority. You had an immediate need for your big project, so that pushed me, but mostly it's a distraction from other stuff I feel I should be doing here instead.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 pm

There's stuff I'd like to see Jim do too, and I'm sure I'm not alone. But this is Jim's life work, and he needs to do what he sees needs to be done on his schedule. I'm grateful he's spending the time to do so much out in the open in full view of anyone who cares to look and to answer questions. That kind of sharing is unusual, and really special.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 pm

J, you support (and not you alone - but you definitely) has always been awesome. Thanks.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 am

Yes J, Jim has always been very generous
In sharing his knowledge and I have always worked with Jim as a team on this forum pointing out his teachings with my posts. I think this topic great for helping other beginning Sideeral astrologers spread sign delinations to new students for astrology.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:09 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 pm
J, your support (and not you alone - but you definitely) has always been awesome. Thanks.
I agree! JSAD, you always know exactly what to say. Your words of support are very honest and they vibe with the inner struggles and feelings of the other, enough to be very comforting and motivating at the same time. :) It definitely isn't sugar-coated or ingratiating either, because of that said honesty. Very Leo-Pisces indeed! ♌️♓️✨

I also love the way you express points and issues: very mature, sometimes they come off a little too frank and slightly condescending, (not complaining!) but they're always to the point, and enough to finally get things into my head. :D

P.S. I love how the zodiac emojis are shown in rainbow colours in this forum! So pretty! 😍 Reminds me of Jim's customised SF zodiac wheel, with the constellation glyphs in rainbow colours too.

♈️ ♉️ ♊️ ♋️ ♌️ ♍️ ♎️ ♏️ ♐️ ♑️ ♒️ ♓️

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 am

Scales, where are those zodiac emojis? Me wants!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC