Sun Octile Venus and my Love Life

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Sun Octile Venus and my Love Life

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 am

(Entire post deleted, the editor messed it up so bad it was unreadable--I'll try again later.)
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Sun Octile Venus and my Love Life

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 am

mikestar13 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 am
What I found was a very disproportion number of Sun-Venus octiles in the birth charts in my collection.
Very good observation! - and with a simple explanation.

Venus actually spends the majority of her time about 45° away from Sun. If you e.g. plot a 45° modulo graphic ephemeris with only Sun and Venus on it, you will easily see that they spend a lot of time at about that distance (lines near each other).

Explanation: Venus can never be more than 48° from Sun. (That's half the width of the entire orbit of Venus as seen from Earth). Similarly, Mercury can never be more than 28° from Sun. Over the years, when I've plotted different aspect studies, I discovered that Sun-Mercury elongation peaks at about 18° (most commonly there, bilaterally) and Sun-Venus at 44-45°.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 am

Actually, I was likely my fault the post didn't go through, it was too long (and too much 411) and I kept editing and reediting it. When I hit submit for the final draft, something weird happened and some deleted passages appeared in post. But let me give you an the upshot.

I just finished going through my birth chart collection checking for octiles semi-squres and sesqui-squares within 2 degrees, and I found a striking pattern. Admittedly, Sun semi-square Venus is a common aspect. But of the celebrities and mere clients, the aspect occurred but at a much lower frequency than with these groups of people close to me:
  • Female lovers.
  • Females I devoutly and persistently wished were lovers (one of which an extremely non-bi-inclined lesbian who was also a good friend).
  • Male totally non sexual friendships with unusually high emotional connection.
  • Female totally non sexual friendships with unusually high emotional connection (all three of whom were lesbians).
I myself have Sun conjunct Venus, though both of my parents had Sun Venus octiles
Sue doesn't have it, though her her father did.
On miss among the lovers had a very credible substitute, Sun octile rising Moon in Taurus to a minute of arc.
Women I was merely attracted to showed the Sun Venus octile slightly less often than celebs or clients.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:41 am

See answer above.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 am

I don't really doubt Jim is correct. Its just freaky.
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 am
Venus actually spends the majority of her time about 45° away from Sun. If you e.g. plot a 45° modulo graphic ephemeris with only Sun and Venus on it, you will easily see that they spend a lot of time at about that distance (lines near each other).
Actually no. While a mod 45 GE have Sun Venus near each other at greatest elongation both east and west, but also Sun Venus are equally near each other at superior and inferior conjunction, and in the latter case, Venus is retrograde.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am

Yes, those also show on the graphic ephemeris. It's still the easiest way to see this that I could think of. I guess you could do a 360° sort and eyeball the distance.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
New Tool

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 pm

I don't know if Solar Fire already can do this. But I'm going to write a program for my own use that will calculate an answer to questions like "what is the % chance that Sun and Venus are octile within 2 degrees" and similar. What it will do is calculate the positions of Sun and Venus for as many consecutive days as possible in a reasonable running time--at least a couple of centuries, hopefully more--and calculate the positions of Sun ad Venus and the angle between them, and count a success if if they are separated by 45 plus or minus two degrees. Then at the end, we divide the number of success by the number of days and calculate the chances.

The planets, the aspect and the orb should be user inputs. I think also the number of years to calculate and the interval. If we are talking an aspect between the luminaries, we might calculate for a single century or less,at one hour intervals, but for Neptune-Pluto, the whole 9000 years the Swiss Ephemeris covers at ten day intervals might be our choice. When this tool is thoroughly debugged and tested, I will release it free under the GPL if there is demand.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 pm

You can simplify this considerably where there are known periods of repetition. For example, on Sun-Moon there is a 19-year cycle (the time it takes Moon's node to circle the zodiac) within which all variations occur. For Sun-Venus, I think you can get as much information from 8 years as you can for 8,000, because the Earth-Venus relationship recycles in 8 years.

Or, at least, I think this is true. (It's been 20-30 years since I've looked at all that.) If it is true, then it's also true that using even really big numbers that sound great for averaging will screw up the result unless it is based on the right multiples. For example, if the 8-year cycle is correct as I think, then 800 years or 8 years would produce the same right answer, but 801 would entirely screw it up.

Ah, wait, I had that a little off. It's five Earth years equal to eight Venus years.

In any case - having such a tool available would be of enormous value in several ways. In a worst-case, it would be a matter of figuring out how to use it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 pm
You can simplify this considerably where there are known periods of repetition. For example, on Sun-Moon there is a 19-year cycle (the time it takes Moon's node to circle the zodiac) within which all variations occur. For Sun-Venus, I think you can get as much information from 8 years as you can for 8,000, because the Earth-Venus relationship recycles in 8 years...

n any case - having such a tool available would be of enormous value in several ways. In a worst-case, it would be a matter of figuring out how to use it.
Thanks, Jim! you've reminded me of some astronomy I had forgotten. I can google the right numbers. I originally got them from Bradey's Profession and Birth Date. I remember Mars had a long cycle, 79 years IIRC, which is still nothing with 21st century computers. The research will take a bit but the coding will be easy--I can cut and paste 80% of it from the code of my existing software. At most, there are 45 periods far all combinations of Sun through Pluto, and if I can't find some, I might be able to find how to calculate. The longest cycle is Neptune-Pluto, which nearly 500 years between conjunctions IIRC, and a single conjunction probably doesn't complete the type of cycle were talking about. But if some outer planet combos aren't practical, we still have a good tool.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm

There may be a list of all 45 syndication periods in Bradleys Stock Market Prediction. Going from ancient memory.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com