Natal Chart - Scarlet Depths

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Natal Chart - Scarlet Depths

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm
...however I believe (it's a close call) that I am am introvert...
Which means what, exactly, in terms of this discussion?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 pm

It's great being able to see the group's inside out and all, but I don't want to be there, it's exhausting.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:43 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 pm
It's great being able to see the group's inside out and all, but I don't want to be there, it's exhausting.
Got it.

THese experiences need not have that much to do with other people. I wanted to use that example of an obvious instant of clear centricity.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Thanks Jim, I did understand that. J sad I believe was trying to help answer my question about application of this trait or how being solar/centricty can be used as a skill. It's not like a mercury dominant person <just using this as an example, yes I know I have an expressive one myself> where you can actively see, utilise, and refine skills. I don't know how to utilize, and refine something like warmth and centricty.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am

Remind me again if someone could why our strongest or most expressive planets signs don't matter as much as our Sun-Moon-Mars signs?

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Folding Eris into the mix:
[Looking at astrology as probablity]

Sun:angular and dignified
Eris:angular (possible aspect to luminary)
Mercury: angular

Jupiter: dignifed and via luminary

Pluto:via luminary (possibly dignified)
Saturn:via luminary

Order of actual expression:
Pluto,Sun,(Eris),Mercury

How I wonder do i mesh together these energies when only Eris and the Sun share a (probable) connection?

Also how do i work up a general Sun-Eris summary (of course this is theoretical, but to me most all astrology is.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm
Also how do i work up a general Sun-Eris summary (of course this is theoretical, but to me most all astrology is.)
This would presume that we actually have some evidence that Eris has a significance and that we know the nature of that significance.

Neither of those is true. At best, we have a guess that it might be significant + a few vague inferences that match some pieces of a mythological profile. Relying on such things would be bad astrology.

It's complicated further here because it's a mundane aspect and we don't have reliable confirmation that mundane aspects are important in natal charts.

FWIW, from examining a group of people with close Sun-Eris ecliptical aspects, my preliminary summary was, "No clear pattern. For example, among politicians there are murderous tyrants and legendary peace figures, plus two Supreme Court justices with highly divergent points of view."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm

I had a theory, it was a nutty one. Eris disrupts, therefore having Eris aspecting something has the probability to break apart established patterns. Ie Eris's only pattern is that it has no pattern, meaning that whatever it touches could have an endless varity of effects, or no difference at all.

[And if a trait for a sign can be "not agreeing with these descriptions" then I don't see why Eris couldn't mean "possible disestablishment of patterns"].

However there is no way to test this that I can think of.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Eris disrupts
If you mean Eris in astrology, then you don't know this is true. You're making it up based on something else named "Eris."

You might be right or wrong, of course, but what we do know is that you're making it up to fit a preconception.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Also i believe I know why I'm struggling with Sagittarius Jim. As well as the Jupiter/Solar archetypes

Leo Moon
Emotions intertwined with pride. Strong, noble, proud, natural leader, courageous, confident, practical, effective, indomitable. Dramatic; seldom pretentious. Gregarious (court of friends & admirers). Entertainer. Discriminating in romance. Needs warm, affectionate interaction; may retain aloof mask. Business over sentiment.

Sag Sun
Social elitism, aristocracy. Excellence, quality. Higher & higher, ambition, travel. Judges self & others, may fail own standards. Right-wrong, reward-punishment, belief- & values-driven. Respects continuity of culture & social rituals. Preserves status quo, heritage, myth when possible. Loyal to tribe. Complacent affection.

Pluto from the crib sheet.
WHAT IS COLORED WHEN THE PLANET IS ASPECTED: “Get away from it all” urge; need to be independent of cultural trappings & labels; search for existential meaning.
HOW A PLANET IT ASPECTS IS AFFECTED: “All or nothing:” strongly intensifies or thoroughly diminishes; strains. Creates powerful need that planet’s expression be free of others’ arbitrary limitations.
[Taken as a general gist]

Here is what's left from Plutos effects on the luminary signs descriptions .

Sun
Excellence, quality. Higher & higher, ambition, travel. Judges self & others, may fail own standards. Right-wrong, reward-punishment, belief- & values-driven. Complacent affection.

Moon
Emotions intertwined with pride. Strong, noble, proud, courageous, confident, practical, effective, indomitable. Seldom pretentious. Discriminating in romance. Needs warm, affectionate interaction; may retain aloof mask. Business over sentiment.

So it would make sense that I would have quarrels with my signs because my chart has it's own contradictions. I just don't know how to work with them yet.
Last edited by Soft Alpaca on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm
ScarletDepths wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Eris disrupts
If you mean Eris in astrology, then you don't know this is true. You're making it up based on something else named "Eris."

You might be right or wrong, of course, but what we do know is that you're making it up to fit a preconception.
I see your point Jim! I read somewhere Eris was linked to victory and that is seemingly unrelated. [I'm sure they perceived it from somewhere too].

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm

So it would make sense that I would have quarrels with my signs because my chart has it's own contradictions. I just don't know how to work with them yet.
Forgive me for jumping in, but I've been watching you struggle with this for a while. I just wanted to say I think you're really on to something with this line of thought.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Please do jump in. It's a mud puddle in here but I like mud showers. :)

I have to say that I let Pluto romp around a lot, however it romps through my signs too and I loose all want for social anything. Where does that leave my Sun and Moon signs and well as my dignified Sun and Jupiter? Half way to useless, they all depend on social interactions, promoting centricty, normality, social structure, none of which I remotely care about.

Also makes sense why I agree with my Mars sign, it isn't as focused on social interactions and norms (past the appearance).

Which brings me to say (to Jim) that I apologize for doubting what Sagittarius and Leo mean without first accounting for the contrary traits in my chart.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Random note. I can be a bold and stubborn person, also i can argue. However espicaly in matters of family (when I can't argue or say no without risking things like a loan cosigner for my college schooling) I most literally feel like a passive hand bag being tossed around. I am still under someone else's roof so I understand some respect is due, however I'm not the sit down and shut up type, yet lately that has been occurring.

Any advice, any astrological connection? [I don't mind it as long as they don't infringe on things concerning my own health choices].

Also how do i take up less psychic(?) space?

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 am

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm
Random note. I can be a bold and stubborn person, also i can argue. However espicaly in matters of family (when I can't argue or say no without risking things like a loan cosigner for my college schooling) I most literally feel like a passive hand bag being tossed around. I am still under someone else's roof so I understand some respect is due, however I'm not the sit down and shut up type, yet lately that has been occurring.

Any advice, any astrological connection? [I don't mind it as long as they don't infringe on things concerning my own health choices].
MOON-SATURN
Proud, self-made. Dynamic, hardworking, persistent, self-driving. Encourages growth in others (expects them to do something wor-thy of their abilities). Usually emotionally reserved, private. Definite tendency (often unconscious) to seek total control of situations & relationships. Parent-themed issues (nourishment-deprivation, etc.) to work through. Judgmental (intolerant). Can be pessimistic, distrustful, little self-confidence, passive-aggressive, feeling inferi-or, anxious, depressed. Many enter religious or social work for mixed motives of service, self-immolation, and seeking control.

Also how do i take up less psychic(?) space?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 am

Saturn does come easy for me. We each have a psychic footprint the amount if space our psyche takes up. In theory everyone should take up the same amount of space, however some take up more or less. My inerself takes up more than the average person, I'm trying to reduce that.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:26 am

We each have a psychic footprint the amount if space our psyche takes up. In theory everyone should take up the same amount of space, however some take up more or less. My inerself takes up more than the average person, I'm trying to reduce that.
this was a little disturbing to me, on a few levels.

so I will just project this out and see how it fits......

in looking out into the cosmos, we have learned that in outerspace there is all kinds of stuff, from the smallest frozen bacterium to the largest super novas and eveything inbetween......

each "things" takes up the space it needs and the space it is capable of maintaining it autonimity, and its needs fluxuate over time.

what I am hearing from you is that you feel the need to reduce yourself, for some reason (usually the reasons arise from the external stimuli bombarding our senses), and if that is what you feel is necessary then by all means do what you need to do, but I will tell ya, from someone who has shrunk herself on occasion, that to limit yourself in any way is contrary in many ways to what "in theory" is your true nature.

a corset is a fine and dandy thing to put on if you are going to a ball and want to look trim and thin and with a nice booty but they itch and at the end of the night you are relieved when you can throw the dammed thing to the floor and let everything hang out the way nature made it to be.

when I was reading about quincuxes a while back and how they interact on a chart, I was drawn to a video that showed me something called a Galton Board, in which little balls fall into a nice pattern, with the average of them falling in the middle.

falling in the middle is all good and well for some, being average, but the meaning of average, means that some fall wide and some fall short as well.

I don't think you are average, and I think you have a lot of great things about you, as I see your chart, and I wont say it hurts my feelings that you struggle with your chart, but I will say that I hope someday you wont have to struggle so hard and that you see you are more then what your chart says.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks for the concern. Not to look pretty, more like to bring in the energy (I don't like outward flamboyant energy, or centricty for that matter). Alas it may be a matter of what we are rather than what we like. I hope it's leaning toward what we make.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Feeling cold, and cutting. Tired of centricty and being associated with chaos (but mostly drama). Could someone please tell me if this could be due to a transit or just normality of constant interpersonal change that everyone experiences?

I went on a cruise, naturally I was social, but I actively avoided the center of it all, even though it found me. Something snapped the last few days, the social group (4 of us total) pushed me out. Not that i was hurt for being shoved out as much as I felt their pain behind telling me off. [Its ok if I'm a monster but I don't like seeing people I respect be hurt by me].

Naturally after all of that drama I'm people tired. How is everybody else?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Your long term transit of note is that Saturn is conjoining your Sun. You hould read about this in the Transit section.

I'm curious how you will react to the strongly Pluto themed partial solar eclipse tonight. It should be a dominant effect on you all week.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

It's 10pm here. Not sure how it will either as in working 5 days in a row (8 shits) so a 45 hour week [over my 15-20 normally]. Not much time to experince a whole lot. I'm going to a friend's shin dig Sunday in the PM, small group of people and I'll of course actively avoid the center.

I have become rather accepting of my birth chart over the last few days taking in Plutos effect with the uncertain angularity and Eris influence. Also questioning how I feel in a general sense, for once I'm not sure. I can definetly feel others emotions at this time however.

My nerves are defiantly not as bad and I'm not as angry or stressed as usual.

Not sure how my solar energy is going, I've noted that it is there in my personality but much more passive than it should appear (Maybe due it's lack of aspects). Nothing I've found is more personal than my Pluto in this point in my life. Also for whatever reason I'm feeling my Capricorn energy even more so than normal (thus the annoying posts on my Mars in Capricorn thread).

Also feeling apologetic for being argumentative and for appearing overly centered. Sorry for the stress or annoyance I have caused in the past and knowing myself will likely spark in the future (I will try to be more mindful of course).

My intuition says to check Eris transits as well [logic says otherwise of course]. However my intuition has been rather keen lately and I've got hurt recently by ignoring it...

Hope this feeds your curiosity some.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Here are a few scratchy notes about transits to natal Eris. They were casual observations for a short time - please don't presume they are correct (or incorrect or whatever). There may be nothing to it, or it may be like this, or it may be different. But here's what a short exploration threw across my path:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1240
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks Jim. Sun-Moon Conj. Squaring Eris right now [of course experienced by many many people].

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Got hit on 10:33 pm yesterday by a co-worker 6 years older than me. Not bothered by being called sexy but this gave me a little creep factor (even though I felt bad for them).

Finding it easier to socialize [ie I want to be there and not run away] I was with a group of friends today. I note I hung out with more calm quiet friends.

Not sure what my Venus is doing but it might be in a good place right now or something. I'm finding conflict of social preferences, my aunt says I subconsciously seek social interaction and consciously I avoid it. However lately I'm finding I'm more introverted than what all the tests say [they test for socializing not if energy is lost or gained with othets].

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 pm

After reading a post about Jims Uranus/Mercury energy (which was chalked out to be from his Sun and Moon signs). I was rather curious of how i honestly come off, the solar energy is often mentioned and it's easy to say online where I actively assert myself, however assertion is not something that is natural to my person, it is something I was made to know (thus my imbalance in its use).

Please don't hold back. I also understand that I also have a layer defenses up that cause an alternate perception of who I am. [The emotionless/ the warm socially friendly/ and the argumentative nerd-know it all narcissist are all in part at least fronts].

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Maybe it's just a predisposition due to differences of methods however I keep getting called out for being Saturnine [having Saturn as a major planet]. I have to actively try to assert myself [it is not inhernt to me, it was taught] but I try to keep soft, however this certian darkness is always there [Its even more reliable than my centricty/solar nature]. No matter how hard i try ti calmor hide it.

Is this just being pointed out due to my latest long term Saturn transit perhaps?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:24 am

I think this is the wrong audience for this question. We only know you the way you are here, and here, you're a flightly person who asks people to tell you what they think and not hold back, and then you get snippy over the slightest attempt. I don't see much saturn in your persona here, but we don't see how you dress or your body language here.
Again. I think this is the wrong place to look for information on how you come across to people.

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 am

ScarletDepths,

You come across as a "combative learner." It's an expression I learned a long time ago, but I can't find anything on Google about it.

As I learned it, it means you want to ask questions and learn, but you also prefer to challenge everything you are taught to see if it holds up.

This puts all the of effort onto the teacher to convince you, however, and they get annoyed. They expect you to do some research and thinking on your own.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 am

I thought you were a 13 year old girl for a month...before i ever looked at your chart.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:41 pm

I'm humored that I came across as a 13 yewr old girl. Yes i am a combative learner also in part im used to being ignored and sometimes I forget when I ask things I will get an answer...

Sorry I come across as snippy, I have issue expressing myself online as I'm not as short and whiny in real life as appears online.

In real life like I said I get nagged for being moody and for being "dark" or solem. Yes i can bitch too, I have low patients.

Thanks for the oppions guys.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Lance wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 am
ScarletDepths,

You come across as a "combative learner." It's an expression I learned a long time ago, but I can't find anything on Google about it.

As I learned it, it means you want to ask questions and learn, but you also prefer to challenge everything you are taught to see if it holds up.

This puts all the of effort onto the teacher to convince you, however, and they get annoyed. They expect you to do some research and thinking on your own.

I'm truthfully a intimate learner first. If I can't connect with the topic or teacher then I never learn. This explains my combativeness in part. I'm do think on my own, I just think wrong so I ask a lot of questions.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:56 pm

As for dress style. Black or blue jeans a little tight dark colours and nuturals. Converse and boots. Jumpers (pull over sweaters in American English). Sometimes I'll wear leather jackets. Black bennies.

I don't like to be louder than I already am. I layer a lot I find [somewhat out of practicality].

I'm more raunchy than I am nit picky but if course that level of discontent is always there from my Mars sign. I'm not really a proud person, I don't really like to lead. I'm not one for social level and I do question everything.

It's hard for me to communicate on this soecfic forum as well. Normally I don't talk as much about myself [yet here it seems difficult to get others to do it in a way I can be of any use talking back to them].

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Living without Neptune in my life [ie taking all of its energy as a falsity or placing it as one of my weakest planets] has lead me to a rather sad state. I've been ignoring nuances of emotion and my spongy nature of late. I'm also questioning angularity importance.

Saturn transits in bitting effect me heavily, looking to me that it is higher up on the food chain than I thought.

Feeling these powerfully: Pluto, Saturn, Neptune

Feeling this as surface expressions:Sun and Mercury

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:50 am

ScarletDepths wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:41 pm
I'm humored that I came across as a 13 yewr old girl.

I wasnt trying to be funny, or mean.

the language that you have at your dispossal, and you choice of how you use that language came across as feminie, even the name you choose to define yourself as......I intterpreted as a feminie nature. then you said something in passing about being a Boy Scout, I was like Whoa Veronica, bad assumption habit. yet in my expierence the BSA is a group that is a magnet to personas that are bi-sexual in nature and need an outlet, to either express or supress the human bisexual nature.

I think you are one heck of a cool person, and you should embrace your natual inclinations to achieve self understanding and balance of all that you are.

ive spent some nice time looking at my chart and wondering what this "persona" would have been like if the sex was male. how different would I be? I recently tried to express myself to some people on line, and in both cases, where I was earnestly trying to just convey a factual message, both parties reorted......you sound like a man. yet here I sit, all girl on the surface.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I'm not one for gender. I don't like rainbows bright color make-up flamboyant things. Thanks for calling me cool I'm actualy a chill person (calmer) I have a wild side I can be impulsive, but I'm not judgemental or exclusive, and I care about everyone. I think that my bother and fickle nature comes from high self standard. Part of my bother with my sag is that I don't like the assumption of the elite and snobby side [eventhough we all have our moments]. My Leo makes sense [other than I'm not a prideful person] and my capy fits me so well. Part of the feminine name was to veil myself I'm not going to lie that I can be decptive and private. I can be inwardly sensitive but outwardly unexpressive and that gets me in trouble.

I can have anxiety in waves but it's very surface level [mercury], I have a wild imagination and once I look at things from an emotional side I normaly calm down. Reflecting that angular planets describe what is expressive but not what is always personal. My closer astrology friends often sight Pluto, Saturn, and Neptune [over my angular planets or dignified planets] I'm trying to reflect on why.

Thanks for the advice V. I don't take offense to what is said on here and I'm upset that it comes across as such.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:32 pm

About my sexuality btw I can't say that I'm gay, I haven't met every single woman, I can say that I have been attracted to men. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I like but that I like the person and I'm content with that.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Notably more introverted lately. More fascinated by culture and self reflection/exploration too, definetly understanding how I could be seen as self centered [eventhough I care about others maybe more than I should]. I don't know how I can be both sensitive [dreamy,imaginative, and romantic] and ruthless [cold and cutting] at the same time... it's like a glass of red wine.

As for mercury more and more mercury in Scorpio [or Mars Mercury] is showing in my life. My mother sees the sign in me over all the others, which makes me question a lot, rather not if we are one sign or another by luminary or by birth but if signs are like planets [some being expressive, some being dignified some being strong but all of them a part of all of us].

I can say I understand part of Scorpio but not all of it meaning that it is fragmented in part of me. I cannot say however what sign is the least fragmented [what I would call my sign].

All just late night thoughts. Maybe it's Pluto in me that thinks astrology is currently too much like a caste system [you are born, live, and die your Sun sign]. Thinking the boundaries are more abmbigous and for our own security we limit energy to certain strict boundaries.

Ie male vs female, black vs white, good vs evil. When really these things are a spectrum, maybe signs are thus way too.

Also I'm feeling there's more Neptune than you think Jim [this one is me looking into the situation from the outside so please bare with me]. Some of what I express is totally off the wall, out there. You say I quote myth like other sag but as a rule in total the whole situation [that is of my wild imagination in many folks opinions] is quiet Neptunial.

I feel too like even looking at planets to pick one over the other in my chart is impossible. My chart speaks for mercury, Jupiter, the sun, and Pluto. Where people who know me say Saturn or Neptune [pluto] show the most in me.

Another note where does romanticism stem from in a chart? [Pluto Moon describes the high strung emotions I've figured that out, but I can't put my finger on why I'm a hopeless romantic].

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:02 pm
Another note where does romanticism stem from in a chart? [Pluto Moon describes the high strung emotions I've figured that out, but I can't put my finger on why I'm a hopeless romantic].
Please define "romanticism" as you are using it.

Per a dictionary, when it is not referring to the classic movement in literature and art called Romanticism, it means a "romantic spirit or tendency," where "romantic" means, variously:

* Fanciful, impractical, unrealistic.
* Pertaining to heroic fiction filled with marvelous deeds, pageantry, etc. and the colorful, fanciful setting of such a world.
* Imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, the code of chivalry, etc.

I'm unclear which of these (if any) are what you mean by the word in the current question.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:02 am

I didn't mean fancy or overly indulgent, it does imply a sense of idealism I do get that.

"A hopeless romantic is a person who holds sentimental and idealistic views on love, especially in spite of experience, evidence, or exhortations otherwise."

Let's take it as this.

Btw I would go through a courting process (as it holds better results in my experince than if you don't go through one) however this comes a diffrent place than my romantic side, I will admit it is more likely comes from a place of higher machivallienism [maybe from my capy energy].

As for if I'm like a member of a royal court, I'm far to "vulgar to be in a place as such comfortably, however I am ruthless enough to go there if I have to.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 am

I must also admit I used to have anger issues. I've thrown people, choked people out, etc. For little things. It's not something I'm proud of so I don't talk about it much. One major difference is the possibility for assault charges and adult prision as well as most of my fighting was one sided (ie strike when they don't look, kick the knees out, pressure points etc.).

As well as I am not gentle I was destructive as a young child, still I break and burn things maybe too much. I've hurt my friends one to many times handing them balls and writing utensils so I'm more careful. I've even knocked people out on accident. I'm not super man or anything but I do underestimate sometimes.

I have a long list of breaking other people on accident as well as damining property by accident for moving something too harshly (sorry for the couch marks on wall mrs teacher lady).

This is probably useless astrologically however.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:49 am

I was wondering if you had ever spent anytime looking into how the outer planets have transited around your chart?

Meaning: Uranus Saturn and Pluto have made some very wide sweeping moves across some of your natal planetary positions which would imply that they have been working on some very big elements in your chart. Saturn right now is pretty close to conjunct your n. sun, and Uranus had been working with your Jupiter, and is now progressing towards your Saturn. IME when these big slow bodies move trough ours chart and aspect things, especially in conjunctions the body tend to go through a upheaval and realignment. Jupiter will slowly be working its way into your Venus area in the next few years and Pluto will be working on down to your Neptune. these are major tides in life. some people do not ever get to internalize or even experience these potential combined forces.

It may be satisfying for you to sit with your chart at the beginning of your life, and then slowly change the transit dates year by year and see how those biggies have moved, and then read about the transit meanings here on this board and reflect on what was going on in your life at the time and see how that sits with you.

I would think that when your Jupiter and Venus conjunct in a few months you will be in a very good place with in yourself and these nagging doubts about your identity and whatnots will be assimilated for the better in your natural character.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:21 am

On romanticism, the pattern you describe is most typical of Venus-Neptune combinations. That' not the only thing that could produce the pattern, but it's the obvious match to your exact description.

The problem is, you don't have a Venus-Neptune aspect or similar combination; at least, not unless you count a nearly 8° sextile which (1) is probably too wide to consider at all and (2) in the most generous treatment would be exceedingly weak and of no proportionate importance in your nature.

Your luminary signs would be supportive of those traits if something else strong showed them, but wouldn't originate them. The closest from the luminary signs is that Sun in Sagittarius naturally responds to ritualized or scripted romantic behaviors (what I summarize as "following the rules & rituals," though I imagine you don't like those words).

Return to Venus-Neptune, we can try to see if some other approach gives us that, or a similar thing. I do easily find one: I'm loathe to mention it because it is experimental and even questionable. You have a precise (34') Venus-Neptune mundane sextile. This is experimental because (1) mundane aspects in natal charts haven't been confirmed as valid, even though there have been some optimistic single cases, and (2) mundane trines and sextiles have no significant evidence for them at all. Nonetheless, this is quite close and worth noting.

I looked at your Venus/Neptune midpoint to see if it hit a significant point, and it does not. (If your Ascendant were 4° different what we've been using, Ve/Ne would be on your Ascendant. That's a stretch.)

Personally, I'd conclude that this is a particular expression of your Sagittarius Sun, a kind of ritualized idealization. That's my best guess (since your Venus-Mars square doesn't really go the romantic idealization route usually).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm

I like wine, bubble baths, candle lit meals and star gazing as a dates. . Less ritual more like I can have sex in a first date and still be with the person 10 years later.

Your right I don't like the words ritual, mostly because repetition drives me up the wall. Also everything that Jupiter effects cones with Pluto. I think that the square series between Jupiter, the Moon, and Pluto is very pertinent.

My friends describe me as Saturn [mostly gloomy, evil, cynical, but also surival geared], Pluto [going between extremes, also odd and weird or different], and neptune [because Im bubbly, romantic, and moody]. Maybe they mistake my solar energy as Saturn energy as well?

I hate to look at the house system, but other astrologers point out that most systems have Neptune in the first house [and they insist it shows in me heavily. I of course being a skeptic don't use houses].

As for planets in signs my mother sees the Scorpio mercury and doesn't see my Sun, moon, or even mars sign as nearly as accurate.

Mercury and the Sun energy show in me I know this, however they are less sited by people i know more personally.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:15 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm
I hate to look at the house system, but other astrologers point out that most systems have Neptune in the first house [and they insist it shows in me heavily. I of course being a skeptic don't use houses].
Fair point, except... what birth time are they using? For the one we've been using here for you, almost all house systems put your Neptune in the 2nd. Campanus puts it in the 1st but (for example) Placidus, Koch, Equal, and Regiomontanus all place it in the 2nd.

I find it so interesting that you insist that your character is not dependent on other people's validation of things, but nearly always assert how you are based on other people's opinions. One would be led to believe that other people's views are really important to you. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm considerate of other people views (I often get taken as if I don't care about other people. Rather than insisting I do care verbally I show them I care instead, this is by listing to and noting their views.]

We all need validation to some extent. Mine hasn't every really come from other people but rather an inward stance. I do want people to know however that I'm not completely heartless.

Note that only the people that are close to me are the ones I actively show that I listen too. In eastern astrology Scorpio is my swamsha yet I don't take this into account because I am not personal with these people.

Being honest if i had to pick one sign it wouldn't even be Scorpio it would be Capricorn. Who by far is more badass in my biased opinion of course.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Also I don't know why I'm so open on this site, I want people to be led on that I care about their approval. It makes me look more vulnerable and more real as a person, which in turn gets me either in life.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm

This *is* a joke

Dude: your gloomy and evil yet bubbly? You do realize that you just embraced an arch enemy of SpongeBobSquare pants right?

https://youtu.be/xYqnVvWeqCc

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Your progressed Neptune and progressed Venus are within 0°35 of each 45° of other and moving closer.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Veronica wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm
This *is* a joke

Dude: your gloomy and evil yet bubbly? You do realize that you just embraced an arch enemy of SpongeBobSquare pants right?

https://youtu.be/xYqnVvWeqCc
Honestly I kind of hate sponge bob. So i don't mind being the dirty bubble. Im not evil, I have some twisted and or cynnical morals, but people don't like long words so they use evil. I'm only gloomy because when I get in a bad mood swing i like to stay there. I also admire the process of life and death more than some do, I find peace in graveyards and the such. [I had senior pictures taken on a wooded graveyard with people hurried from the 17-18 hundreds.]

This is where I'm at in terms of relative evilness. If I date a shorter person than me I may on occasion put stuff a shelf higher than their reach and maybe watch them struggle to reach it because it's kind of cute.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm
Your progressed Neptune and progressed Venus are within 0°35 of each 45° of other and moving closer.
I'm not sure how to take this. I've always been a romantic person, is this where you were going?

I understand how Neptune is described to me in the aspect of my wild imagination. However I haven't ever thought about Venus energy on its own (let alone with a planet like Neptune) because every time I have Venus activated in my life it comes with Mars.