Moon in Libra sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Moon in Libra sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Welcome to the Moon in Libra discussions project, which will run October 17 - November 16, 2018 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Moon in Libra people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Moon in Libra interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p148
Cyril Fagan: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105&p=636#p638
Garth Allen: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p136
Manilius: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p744

My current concise summary of Moon in Libra (always subject to change) reads:
Attractive, magnetic, charm (easily draws lovers). “Looking good” opens doors. Tease (self & others: entice, deny, gratify). Peace (courtesy, compromise); wants peaceful surroundings. Justice (righting wrongs). Determined, persists, passionate, shrewd. Emotionally efficient. Private; slow at self-disclosure. Independent, self-sufficient.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Re: Moon in Libra sign project

Post by sotonye » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 pm

I know three Moon in Libra girls all of whom I've at some point been involved with. They all have a certain softness about them which I really like, a certain allure that's perfectly feminine. Though that same softness also presented a problem in their own lives, as they would rarely assert themselves in any way, and I would often have to encourage each of them to tell me exactly what they want, and to do the same when interacting with other people. What's more with respect to that softness is that it also led often to their own misery, as they are moved without minimal effort, and even without any effort at all apart from that effort applied by their own imagination. They are fragile little things, not that they break but they certainly do fracture, and each of them seemed painfully aware of the points of weakness in their person, and each made these points a cause for poetry or some other art. This is the way they all carried along, how they managed to persevere when I probably wouldn't have been able to were I in their shoes. I really do love them. I loved one more than anyone else, I would name the world after her if I could and I very well may try to. She was like a feather floating above the world, carried by the winds of ideals far removed. Every part of her speaks softly, her eyes, her nose, her lips, and as result it's only natural to be drawn near her you know, to hear what she might be saying. She's a magnetic, at least to me. At any rate, and in short, Libra Moons are some of my favorite people. There's something refined and yielding about them which makes you melt alright.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 am

I normally vibe people out when I first experience them, it's a inborn instinctual thing. Most everyone who turns up with a libra Moon appears witchy, mysterious, perhaps intrested in the occult when I first meet them. Tropical astrology is wrong in associating that vibe with scorpio, and on paper it might not sound or seem right for sidereal libra, however in real life I've experience it.

Its almost like they are connected to the "old ways". Depending on the person they have tendencies to show some ties or similarity to back to Pagan, Norse, Voodoo etc (rituals/practices). They excude this energy if if they arent always aware if it.

In pop culture we can see figures such as Beyonce, who almost quite literally seemingly have a spell over people.

I can't say for certain if the Libra Moon wants to project this or if its natural or a falsity(a mask). However I definitely believe the word "Enchanting" could belong on this list Jim.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Mike
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 am

I concur with Scarlett regarding the orientation towards the "old ways" and attraction to the Norse/Pagan paradigm. I only know one person (or can only remember one) close to me with a Libra Moon, but this is strikingly true for her, as is virtually everything else in Jim's descriptions. ("Piercing" is exactly the right word for her stare!)
Granted, she does have a partile Moon-Neptune sextile, so that could explain some of the occult orientation.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 am

My notes on Libra SUN have long said attuned to "the old religion." I'd neve seen sufficient cause to add it for Libra Moon (and will look again), but its been part of the Libra description (for Sun) since The New Instant Astrologer came out in the 1970s.

As for symbol "why," it has always felt like "attunement to Women's Mysteries," especially ancient ones. This is strict Libra symbolism!

The current Libra Sun note reads, "Pantheistic. "Metaphysical" but not conventionally religious. Comfortable with "the Old Religion."" Note quite the same thing, Garth Allen's private notes on Libra include, "Essentially introverted, 'spiritual' but not 'religious.'"
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 am
The current Libra Sun note reads, "Pantheistic. "Metaphysical" but not conventionally religious. Comfortable with "the Old Religion."" Note quite the same thing, Garth Allen's private notes on Libra include, "Essentially introverted, 'spiritual' but not 'religious.'"
Interesting Jim. On a side note, I have been an active long time member of the Spinoza foundation. The philosophy of Baruch Spinoza is often regarded as pantheism. Metaphysical matters interest me deeply and I am not conventionally religious indeed.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 am

I know four Moon in Libra women, three of them well, and no Moon in Libra men. Three of these women were/are my favorite people in the world. Two, including the one I don't know very well, have Sun in Libra, one Sun in Gemini, one Sun in Scorpio (less than a degree into Scorpio.)

All of these women believe themselves to be entirely reasonable and sensible, and all of them believe they are more often right than others. All of them are willing to break off ties if there's disagreement. They profess to hate arguing, but often feel forced into it, and if they can't agree, won't "agree to disagree."

They hold grudges, not in a petty way, but in a way that can drive their lives. They go along to get along to a point, and then they cut the other person out of their lives entirely. They're implacable and likely to get angry at attempts at peacemaking, which can start another grudge. None of them expect anyone else to hold the same grudge they do, but they won't tolerate undermining of their position. If you don't agree with their decision, just don't bring it up.

The only forgiveness possible is if the other person gets cancer or has a stroke or something. Then all is forgiven. All these women have ended up taking care of family with terminal illnesses or long term disabilities.

They are very judgemental, even if they don't know the entire situation, and they will enforce decisions if they feel they have to. These are the tropical Scorpios, and do not bend, and really don't break either. They can be mysterious, in that outsiders may never know what they think of them, and they will be nice on the surface to people they flat hate. This is useful in business, but can surprise the unwary.

Family is the center of everything, and their children are at the center of their family. All of them have raised more or less dependent sons who need caretakers as much as wives. Usually it's just the one son if there are more than one. They end up the people taking in Mom or Dad when they get old, and take care of their husband's parents too.

Three of these women run small businesses and are careful book-keepers. Their businesses support their families. Two of them, their husbands are the front men for the business, and the one everyone except the husbands think is in charge, although most of the husbands publicly defer to their wives when decisions need to be made.

The three I know well have lives involved with animals. One of the double Libras, when told her children were allergic to the dogs she'd had since before she had children and she "had to" get rid of the dogs, asked the doctor how to put the children up for adoption, since it would be easier to find homes for them than her old dogs. The doctor learned how to treat allergies.
Another started one of the first successful no-kill animal shelters in the US out of her basement. Successful meaning didn't end in a hoarding situation. The third spends a lot of her spare time volunteering with animal rescue groups.

They're all gardeners, and landscapers. Most carry garden tools in their cars to rescue plants from developers.

All these women are in near constant motion, and some of them, if they sit down trying to read or watch tv, fall asleep. Then they're up half the night feeding deer in the yard.

If physically attacked, they will fight and fight hard. They don't look like fighters and often win by taking an attacker by surprise.

All of these women were/are interested in clothing and fashion, and all seem to feel compelled to criticize other's choices, usually nicely. They all seem to feel more expensive choices in clothing are preferable. They all like to decorate their homes, and like making changes in the decor. They like shopping. Not all of them have the best taste, but they are physically attractive and happy to use that.

Three of them do a lot of home maintenance repairs themselves, and are good with tools, although none of them read instructions. They prefer to figure it out themselves. It's possible to impress them with how smart you are if you read the instructions and get something to work they didn't.

All these women "pose" if you're taking pictures, sometimes dramatically. They know which is their best side, and know which is yours too.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 am

This is excellent, thanks, J. - It also sounds enormously like Sun in Libra (on a trait by trait count). Do you see an easy, ready distinction between Sun and Moon in Libra?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am

I don't know much Libra Moon people, although a good number of guys who I have liked and had an interest on, have Libra Moons.

Libra Moons, both men and women, are generally pretty and attractive (ah, Chris Evans, and some other guys I know 😍) although you can find those who are not as attractive. The pretty ones also tend to have beautiful, sometimes almond-shaped eyes. Glimmering eyes even. Intense stare, of course.

Some of them are stylish, and even glamorous, wearing trendy clothes that match their sense of style. One of them is artistic, two others are generally social. One of the latter two also kinda has a low frustration tolerance, but it could be her Scorpio Sun.

Two men I know who have this placement are romantic/passionate and follow pages on Instagram that share quotes on love, and pictures/videos of straight couples cuddling and kissing.

And a good number of them, are of course, charming. At least to their romantic interests, I think.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 am
This is excellent, thanks, J. - It also sounds enormously like Sun in Libra (on a trait by trait count). Do you see an easy, ready distinction between Sun and Moon in Libra?
Didn't see this before. Two of these women are both sun and moon in Libra, so I'm sure they'll embody both. Of people I know who are Sun in Libra but not Moon, Sun is more dour. I'll have to think about this a bit.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm

I have finished my rewrite of Moon in Libra. The whole discussion (very much restructured and changed) is here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p148

My new summary with its keywords is:
Magnetism, Justice, Design. Popular, polite, friendly, attractive. Passionate, determined. Emotionally efficient (private, controlling). Defiantly self-sufficient. Sexual magnetism, seductive personality. Justice (righting wrongs) cares deeply about human rights and social wrongs. Seeks agreement. Aesthetic (fine art, design). (Morbid expressions: alienation, breakdown of social adjustment.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com