New place, new thoughts.

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

New place, new thoughts.

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi, it's been a while. I'm now in a place where I am better however. I have left home for school in Hyde Park, New York. I'm wondering if anyone can draw me up a relocation chart?

I have got into Buddhist (and some hindu) faith sense I started College. I've also studied Nakshtra and have found many over laps which support the work done here. I also extend any apologies due to my discontent and argumentative nature. It's much easier for me to be open to incoming ideas now that I have moved.

I moved September 9th of this year. Thank you for any time you may put into reading this.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: New place, new thoughts.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Welcome back. - Is that Hyde Park in Duchess County or Oswego County?

There's not a lot of difference in the chart. If you are in the Hyde Park at 42N40, 74W57, the angles are nearly identical to your Chambersburg angles at 39N56, 77W40. If we are using the 6:52 time, for example, your natal angles are Asc 0°23' Sagittarius, MC 22°28' Virgo, and for Hyde Park they are Asc 0°47' Sagittarius, MC 25°22' Virgo. For this possible time, Mercury remains your most angular planet, about half a degree above Ascendant.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Duchess county.

I haven't been watching angles of transits, I just have been taking notes on how I'm observed by new friends and been reflecting on that. I'm finding that I am comfortable being the center of a group only where I know I'm loved. I haven't been focusing or leaning on any planets or signs of late either.

However observing signs and planets in my personality for what ever reason my Mars sign sticks out more (im guessing perhaps people can actively see I am being non-disclosing and carry around a dark past/skeletons). My leadership skills in socially settings from my sun and moon are apparent which I can admire. I'm still not a fan of attention however. Ambition from my chart is also apparent. I can't say I want to be better than everyone else, but I do want to improve myself. <I'm in cooking school>.

Also in general venus is sticking out(?) I just often find myself comforting people. Going through many sexual partners like candy. In a really romantic mindset <which could be that Leo moon>.

It is really formal at school here. I find myself looking for comfort before formality. I wear Tim's as dress shoes and soft sweaters without collars to academic classes, despite the fact we are to be in formal wear.

The business before sentiment, Aloof mask, and dommenering traits of Leo Moon specifically have been reoccurring themes.

I'm smoking cigarettes, working out, and having sex when I'm stressed still. Which I need to work on.

More on the comforting part, people also call me in all hours of the night for help for someone to listen to them or to just be their and hand them tissues while they sob.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:30 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm
Duchess county.
A little more difference. Not a lot, but some. For 41N47, 73W56, your Asc is 2°22' Sagittarius, MC 26°28' Virgo for the 6:52 AM birth time. Angularities include:

Mercury 2°06' above Asc
Sun 6°24' below Asc
Jupiter 6°23' west of IC

Notice that this makes a 0°01' - essentially EXACT - Sun-Jupiter mundane square. It is one of the most intensely "I am Jupiter" spots on the planet for you, if this is the correct birth time.

Congratulations on getting into the cooking school. I know that was an important dream, and that's one great use of Jupiter (and your Mercury strength).
Also in general venus is sticking out...
Jupiter transited across your Venus over recent weeks, so that surely helped it. You've also had a minor Moon-Venus progression over the last month or so.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 pm

I am Jupiter meaning what? Ironically (perhaps) venus is also in an area in the nakshtra chart that is ruled by Jupiter. That Nakshtra is very prominent in my chart and my life.

You feed Jupiter to me in a way that I feel like I'm grasping.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Jupiter in a broad and diverse way, but especially by Sun aspect. Besides the Sagittarius Sun and moderately foreground Jupiter, your location gives you a 0°01' Sun-Jupiter square.

While I would suggest you reread the Kid Gloves article on Jupiter for the broader picture, and read the whole Sun-Jupiter page, here is a summary of the most typical Sun-Jupiter manifestation. (It certainly fits with your increased social connection and the theme of food.)
Generous, kind, warm, amiable, upbeat, tolerant. Visible self-confidence. Strong need for acceptance and friendship. A general dislike of problems (seems to float through life with amazingly little care for circumstances). Lucky: confident the universe will bail them out, problems usually resolve remarkably easily, but has a hard time persevering against real adversity when it finally strikes. (Extravagant, prodigal, loves leisure, overly reliant on luck.) Mind is philosophical or religious.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Very true with the exception of a bad foundation to handle real world problems. Thanks Jim.

I'm also looking to go abroad perhaps to Hong Kong and learn Asain cuisine. I already have a firm grasp 9n Asain culture and cooking.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:30 am

Curious about what Jim said about my Moon being in the place Venus of Venus (when i was referring to nakshatra in a different post).

Curiosity is developing as I have a highted sense of being able to identify astetheics, not that I'm any more or less aesthetically motivated but that I'm more aware of it.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm

That's a question to ask wherever you're learning about the nakshatra system.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Ok. Thanks.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 am

Power, dominance, authority, rule, and force. All of these may go hand in hand. For me it is a natural thing. My friends often say or describe me as having "big dick energy".

I don't actively think about being or exerting force, nor do I always appreciate the association. However, I was curious if that energy can come from Sun-Jovial influences in a chart or is it a more Martial controlled ideology?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Mars fights to be in charge and stay in charge. The Sun just is in charge without asking for it. Jupiter isn't about power or dominance or the rest of that stuff, but he enjoys the perks of being in charge.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Ok thanks. I'm definitely at a place where I can feel more Sun-Jovial energy. Venus is also coming into play a lot, as well as Pluto. I may need to check some more events to see whether my Jupiter and sun are actually almost on angles.

(mercury energy in terms of the argumentative nervous types are looking less likely to play a larger role in my life than Sun/Jupiter even maybe Venus if Jim's "Venus of Venus" statement truly has some effect on my Moon.)

I feel much more together away from home...

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 pm

It does sound like the change of environment has been a really wonderful shift for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:06 pm

More time for self reflection. Also November 5th around 5 PM is when I officially decied I was Buddhist (it was a self reflection and realization moment). I'd like to check this event with my angles, could anyone do this please?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

I wouldn't mention this, except I know you'd rather do things yourself.
Go to astro.com and click on "my astro" on the upper right. You can make an account (free and they really don't share, and you can keep other people's charts there too) or use the guest option.

Fill in your birth data and when you click continue, choose extended chart options.

Then you want to scroll down and choose "options for zodiacs and houses", then choose Campanus and Sidereal which should automatically give you Fagan/Bradley.

Then scroll down once more to "Display and Calculation Options". The bottom of the first column, under "Progressions" choose "MC from Solar Arc".

Scroll down to "click here to show chart" (in green) and boom. There's your chart. Click the green "with transits" button on the right and there's your transits. Click Save Default if you created your own account, and you won't have to go through all that again.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm

If I use 7:32 as the birth time, it has venus within an orb of my MC and Saturn within an orb of my AC. If not there's nothing much I see. Also thanks for the instructions.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Another note I just observed that I have a Sun-Venus Novile with a 26 second orb. Anywhere I can look into this?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm

No idea what a Novile is. Some minor aspect. Stick to 0°, 180°, 90°, 120° and 60° till you know what you're about. There's an option to choose that under Display and Calculation options. Under "Aspects" on the right, check the box for only major aspects.
Minor aspects are just that - minor. You won't notice minor aspects in transits. They just don't register. Start with the big stuff and get the big picture first. The big picture is all there is in transits. Jim can devine meaning in the small stuff and weave it in with the rest of the picture, but the rest of us usually get stuck in the details.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Oh - also under "Display and Calculation Options" over on the right at the bottom of that column is "% Reduce/increase orbs" with a box in front of it. I put 60 in that box. Tightens up the orbs so you don't get a conjunction between planets that are 10° apart. That's not terribly useful except in theory.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Novile is the breaking down of the chart into 9 parts, I believe both vedic astrologers and Fagan/Bradley studied the 9th harmonic in detail. Also, thanks for the advice on orbs, I've been running astro sense before I came on solunars but I don't know what to put as proper orb reduction.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm

A novile is a 40° aspect. A ninth harmonic chart isn't actually the same thing. You can get a ninth harmonic chart from astro.com by clicking the box that says "natal chart" on the chart selection page and scrolling down the list to Nine Harmonic Chart.

You can also switch to "special charts" and get astromaps. Be sure to switch back to the Sideral zodiac after switching to the special charts and then going back to the round charts. The line over the box that says natal chart says "round special ephemeris pullen-astrolog" Be careful with most of the other charts. They aren't used in Sidereal astrology and some use the same names we do, but the charts are not at all what we use.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm

My bad. They are 40 degrees apart in the birth chart and conj. In the 9th harmonic chart (I made the assumption that they r related). I have spent background in vedic and tropical astrology so I've learned how astro works fairly well over the past two years. It's just the western sidereal techniques that I'm not fully aware of.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

This isn't "western" sidereal astrology. We don't recognize Hindu-Vedic-Indian astrology as "Sidereal" because it isn't. Back in the 60s and 70s some Hindu-etc astrologers started (ab)using the term to describe their version of astrology, and climb on the popular bandwagon Sidereal astrology had become in some circles, reasoning that their version wasn't tropical. It's confusing and mistaken to call Hindu-etc astrology sidereal. Because it isn't.

Sidereal techniques aren't that different from tropical, because tropical astrology used to be Sidereal, back in the first few centuries AD when confused people tried to suss out the zodiac by counting from the vernal equinox instead of going outside and looking. All astrology used to be Sidereal. It's the original discovered by the Egyptians and Babylonians.

Transits and progressions are pretty much the same in Sidereal astrology as any other kind, just more accurate, especially as you get older and the zodiacs continue to diverge.

The big difference is Solunars. Solar Returns and Lunar Returns. You can find options for drawing those charts using astro.com (Astrodienst is the correct name of the site.) You can also progress Solar Returns using two different rates, the SQ and the PSSR.

You can use Astrodienst to progress your Solar by using it to compute your Solar Return and then creating a new "person" whose birthdata is the data of your Solar, and then using Astrodienst to progress that chart. Works right up to your next Solar. These are the techniques Jim uses in mundane predictions. 0° of Capricorn is the Universe's Solar Return. Demi and Quarti returns work for people too.

Some tropicalists try to use Solar Returns and many of those use "precession-corrected" returns. There are some problems with those, including trying to interpret using tropical delineations.

Tropical astrology exists because people got confused and thought the vernal equinox bounded the zodiac, when that was just a coincidence, and counting from the equinox was an easy way to get by without buying an ephemeris or going outside.

Hindu-etc astrology exists because India was invaded repeatedly by Greek and Persian forces which brought astrology with them. There are are lot of different Hindu-etc ayanamsas. Someone or other would notice their zodiac had diverged from the correct positions of the stars, figure out the difference and correct the problem, at least for a century or so.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Aplogozies if I bring up mention of any hindu practices again I'll use the word jyotisha to prevent any confusion, misconception, or cross overs.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 pm

To anyone, is there a place where I can access a mudo chart? I simply want to look at the diffrence between using 7:32 as my birth time vs the other time (6:52). I'd settle for an answer to the diffrence if there is no easy access to a mudo chart.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Excellence, quality. Higher & higher, ambition. Search for new places, existentially, cognitively, physically. Willing to be eccentric, disrupitve, extreme, separating to get there. Respects culture and society, but agaisnt labels and titles. A need to be authentic and onself. Willing to be anti-social to get there without bais. Often outside of the norm. Curious. Intelligent. Sharp analytical mind. Nervous sensitivity. Information collection and dispersion needs.

This is my first attempt and putting together Jupiter Mercury and Pluto energy together. These energies are connected (Jupiter being the middle ground and all three being elevated). I tried to get a Sagittarius theme that includes my Mercury and Pluto energy (as these are often considered the anti-thesis of the sign). This is purely for something easier for me to swallow (without having to pick out ironies and oxymoronic ideas). Please feel free to give advice on what to add.

I will also look at the Sun (and perhaps Venus if anything comes from either 40 degree aspects or placements of the Moon in "venus of venus"). However I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Sun and Jupiter in my chart.
Last edited by Soft Alpaca on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Cool.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am

So I looked at a 9th harmonic chart today (to see if venus and the sun are novile, which they are). I found something rather interesting however.

If I use the rectification time as my birth time Jupiter is on the Asc. In the novile chart, and the sun is tightly square the Asc. and Jupiter. Leading to a belief that even if the rectification time was right, Jupiter and the Sun would still have double down energy in my chart.

I also checked the time on my certificate. This puts Uranus within two degrees of the Asc. Also it sets the Mercury Mars opposition tightly square the Asc. (Adding Uranus and Mars to the mix of the already established Sun, Jupiter, Mercury elevations).

There is a Leo moon overlap in both charts. Mars in Mercury sign in novile chart hits home with the Mercury in Mars in the Natal. Also the Mars Mercury aspect remains. [The moon being connected to Saturn is another overlap].

For new observations i note a Sun Venus connection in cancer. Also that Sun Jupiter square adds to the dynamic nature of Jupiter which squares the Moon in the Natal.

I dont know that I'd take away anything pertaining to angles from this chart. However I hope to gain insight through Sun-Venus and also perhaps look into cancer.

Added: Sun-Venus novile, Sun in Cancer and Sagittarius.
Quality-Desire-Recondite
Charming, gentle.Strong sense of intimacy, desire, and affection. Graceful. Marked aesthetic appreciation, artistic talents. Most comfortable in committed relationships. Lives within imagination & complexity. Ambition to make imagination reality. Lives in others’ shadow; finds comfort in service & emulation or aims to leave or travel to a better place. Seeks excellence and quality therefore easily conceives & delivers results. Persuasive, trusted, instinct for motives. Live in and attracted to mystery/ its resolution. Loves to create/solve puzzles. Renewed by sanctuary (home is where the heart is). Sensitive, moody, self-absorbed.

Venus layerd into my moon (using Jim's work and the Moons nakshatra)
Emotions intertwined with pride and love. Strong, noble, proud, natural leader, courageous, confident, practical, effective, indomitable. Romantic, charming, creative, refined, cultured, loving. Sweet speech/spokes person. Youthful. Dramatic; seldom pretentious. Gregarious. Court of followers.Artist (may be in form entertainer), either for fame or for passion (both?). Discriminating in romance. Aloof mask. Business over sentiment.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:49 am

Comparing Novien to Navamsa the Moon sign is my Natal Sun, my Mars sign is the same and the Sun sign is Scorpio. "I got what I wanted" however thankfully it's not that simple and the signs may have no influence in these charts.

Another but however arises in the Aspects that come from the chart. I used to think that I was more like Sun/Jupiter, Mercury, and Pluto. Now however I can only deduce that I am unlike Neptune and the Moon, then next like Saturn, Venus and Mercury, and
last aka strongest are Sun/Jupiter, Uranus/Mars and Pluto.

While the Sun/Jupiter are on angles and dignified, Mars is also in a good place in dignity because of Capricorn (and if Novien signs would matter then Uranus and Mars would be elevated). Uranus clearly sits with Mars and they appear to act together (so eventhough Uranus doesn't directly aspect say Jupiter or Mercury in the way Mars does, I suspect it has influence of sorts anyway).

The Novien aspects to the natal are true this reveals a lt least a double down Mars/Uranus. Uranus acts on Venus and to an extent Mercury. Mars acts on Venus double and Mercury triple down. In addition to Mars acting on Jupiter. The energy they have together may be more impactful than I thought.

I will watch Also watch Pluto transits, as Novien pluto sits near r Jupiter and likely very close to an angle (in addition to being illuminated by the Moon) meaning it may have some angular effect. I wish there was a good way to test this (i know it may be nothing).

Also I'm thinking my birth time on my certificate is correct. It sets Novien Pluto and r Jupiter within 5 degrees on an angle and in addition places my Nov. Asc two degrees before Nov. Uranus (I highly doubt any impact however it does square Natal Mars). Lastly in comparison to Mercury angular people those who likely have it rising (like Freddy Mercury) clearly are more Mercurial than I am.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am

I am skeptical of Novien/Navamsa angles.

Much of the uncertainty is because (1) we haven't fully confirmed whether the Novien or Navamsa formulation (if either) is functionally valid and (2) we don't know if these are objective new positions are, on the other hand, the N-chart is only being used as a kind of aspectarian to show new aspects that are harder to detect in a natal chart (much like a dial).

To explain the last point in more detail: The one thing most certain to me about N-charts is that close conjunctions, oppositions, and squares in it are valid aspects. This is the same as saying that every 10° in a natal chart (with an orb of 0°20-0°40') is an aspect.

Maybe, then, it is not true that the Novien or Navamsa positions are "real positions". Maybe (for example) I don't have an astrological functional Moon at either 6°36' Gemini (Navamsa) or 6°36' Libra (Novien). In that case, my Novien Moon 6°36' Libra square my Novien Mercury 6°09' Cancer is a fiction. It just looks like a 0°27' square in the Novien. It's really just a more convenient way to see the 10° multiple aspect in my horoscope of Moon at 27°24' Aquarius aspecting Mercury at 17°21' Libra.

That's what I mean by maybe this is just a kind of aspectarian like a dial.

If that's the case, then there is no way that Noviens of the natal angles can be valid. Aspects don't form aspects. They don't even (for example) take trines, sextiles, octiles, etc., so they certainly don't take every little 10° multiple aspect.

It doesn't encourage me to take the angles seriously that my own Novien angles (from a well-timed birth chart) are quite questionable. On the one hand, nobody would question my having Pluto on an angle (in fact, the Novien gives one of the best explanations of my seeming more Plutonian than my natal suggests, since there is a 3° Sun-Pluto square); and one could argue for the angular Sun (which is the second strongest planet in my birth chart anyway). On the other hand, the closely angular Venus in the Novien doesn't fit (I was quite un-Venus at birthplace and started picking up the trait and behaviors in greater amounts only when I relocated across country to where it is exactly angular).

I give this perspective on the Novien angles FWIW. We're still in a lot o "uncertain" territory. It may be that your birth certificate time is, indeed, the better chart for you, but I don't want you jumping to that conclusion based on weak premises. (It really needs to be determined by events.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:21 pm

I understand your thought Jim! Thanks.
I'm not saying Novien Pluto is specifically angular because it's near an angle alone, and I'm not talking about it being near a Novien angle either, im referring ti a natal angle. I'm rather saying that because Jupiter is angular in the natal and because Novien Pluto sits on Jupiter it makes to me no logical sense to read one elevated and the other not (and this aspect is already double down).

Aka Nov. Pluto is at about 28.51 degrees Pisces, with Natal Jupiter about 0.21 Aries and the Natal IC is about 3.08 Aries. Placing Nov. Pluto 4.57 away from the Natal angle.

I can say that I'm more likely to take a heavy Mars-Uranus theme away from the Novien chart, even if sign functionality doesn't matter (aka Novien Scorpio Sun) the thesis of Scorpio is still likeky to an extent in my Chart.

I think one of the most important things I've learned at solunars then is why I feel like a Scorpio (the general theme of WHY I am a certain way). I'm no longer caught up over it and I'm actually seeing plausible results rather that just rim ram rodding around trying to force stuff to work.

What I am hoping to come across is an elevation of Mars-Uranus in some manner (angular, dignified, luminary) as further evidence. I see a lot of just missing the head on this.
Uranus is by the Nov. Asc but Nov. angles aren't likely to have meaning.
Nov. Scorpio may not bring Scorpio into my chart meaning I can't say there is any dignity (unless of course dignity would matter while the sign doesn't, which the thought of just sounds radical).
The Novien Sun and Moon may form aspects to Natal Mars and Uranus but these aspects are too soft, the same goes with Aspects from Nov. Mars or Uranus to Natal Sun or Moon. The same goes for natal to natal aspects (my Natal Uranus novile natal Sun may have no meaning).

Lol its almost taunting.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Actually I may recall if I use 7:32 as birth time i might have a Sun square to Uranus mundo aspect I just dont know how to check.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:26 pm

We don't know if mundane aspects (or aspects in mundo) work in Natal Astrology, so I don't think you need to worry about it, at least for now.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Ok thanks! I like to prode and poke around myself as you already know but I'll take it lightly.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:35 pm

I think you were given your mundoscope in you original thread on your own horoscope, so you could look through that thread and see if you can find it.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Ok. I'm sure I can find it in there somewhere.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Also Jsad what are your thoughts on how I compare to Uranus-Mars energy? Be honest. I've been looking at the Novien with Jim lately and we have both noticed a theme of a double down Mars-Uranus in addition to the loose natal conj.

I think I see a definite strong Mars-Uranus in myself in addition to the Sun-Jupiter. The more forceful dynamic side of myself makes more sense coming from the earlier of the two and looking back on how I respond to something's on this site they perfectly match the (more negative) descriptions of Mars-Uranus.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:26 pm

I've never met you, haven't had much interaction with you, and what little I have had, you've mostly told me how I'm all wrong about you. So, no, I wouldn't care to do that at this time.

But tell me, which do you think fits you better, this:
Uncompromisingly individualist (but rarely ungraciously so). Bold, often stand out as highly distinctive characters in their circles. Natural rebel, challenges prevailing thinking, brutally honest. Always into something new, often offbeat. Takes risks psychologically (sometimes physically). Industrious, resourceful, shows initiative. Mentally quick, not necessarily intellectual; knack for astute assessment of situations, analytical, mechanical instincts. Sexually uninhibited, enthusiastic (lifestyle may challenge social standards; actions may challenge the world to try to stop them). Trusts own instincts more than outside advice.
People with this aspect attempt to assert their individuality aggressively, and this is accomplished by looking out for themselves first and foremost. They are stubborn, intolerant of others' views, and absolutely refuse to be backed into a corner. There is a restlessness and need for excitement and risk which can lead to recklessness and and sudden, unprompted actions. Here is a prankster with an impulse toward outlandish mischief. Yet although he is a born rebel, a natural fighter who wishes to impress others with his individuality, he is also highly industrious and enterprising in his work, gifted with an analytical mind and sharp mechanical and mathematical abilities. He needs to stop and smell the roses before he runs over them with a lawn mower!
or this:
Pleasure drives are free of social convention or taboo, allowing enjoyment from a wide variety of social and sexual experiences. They approach friendship, love, sex, and other pleasure on their own terms, with a deep instinct for flexibility and freedom from artificial constraint. Socially popular, friendly, engaging, and well-liked, in response to their lightly flirtatious, genial, roguish style. (Underlying innocence and vulnerability is often masked by their social “character.”) Often requires distance from intimacy or depersonalizes affection, which can strain conventional pairings. Usually optimistic for society’s future with a deep instinct toward a less Puritanical, more open social fabric.
Internal conflict of priorities causes outward revolt or social rebellion. - Associations on a personal level have to have an element of aloofness and objectivity. Distance from intimacy. Depersonalization of affection. (Not the best aspect for marriage or other limiting relationships - has a very liberal outlook on marriage, inclined to polyamory, etc.)

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:46 pm

The first one. I thrive on intimacy that's a big part of why not the second one. I'm a prankster at my core. I do stuff just to spite people and argue. Definitely trust my own instincts (that's why I question everything and everyone). The lawnmower part is a good represention of my relationships with people...

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Is that you Scarlet? Did you change your name and forget to mention it?

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Yes apologizes. I just changed name a few minutes ago.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm looking at 3 major themes to my chart.

Sun-Jupiter: Needs for ambition and journey
Uranus-Mars: Needs for rebellion and sexuality
Pluto: Needs for authenticity

Sagittarius is of the Nature of Sun-Jupiter. Leo is of the Sun. Capricorn (Nov. Scorpio if it has a place) are Mars-Uranus.
I wouldn't put Pluto in a sign and it is perhaps the strongest of the three themes. [Especially if Nov. Pluto is nataly angular].

The anti-thesis of my chart are Moon-Neptune
Moon-Neptune: Dependency/placticity/conformity (anti-needs)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:12 am

Raksasa wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 pm
I'm looking at 3 major themes to my chart.

Sun-Jupiter: Needs for ambition and journey
Uranus-Mars: Needs for rebellion and sexuality
Pluto: Needs for authenticity
No. These are not "needs" or lacks in you, and they aren't things you need from other people. These are (mostly) things you already have. You have ambition. I don't know what you mean by journey. Neither the Sun nor Jupiter are great travelers. They tend to be homebodies. Neither describes the new-age concept of journey (meaning becoming) either.
You don't have a need for rebellion. You are already rebellious. You probably do feel a need for sex. Mostly everybody does. Sexuality, though is not a need. I'm pretty sure you mean something else. Maybe an outlet for sexual expression?
A need for authenticity? What? Do you need to be more authentic or are you hoping other people will be? I think what you mean is more like an insistence on your own autonomy at least if you really mean Pluto.

I was reading through your post and you said
Capricorn (Nov. Scorpio if it has a place) are Mars-Uranus.
and I was trying to figure out what you meant by "November Scorpio." Novile, Novien, Navamsa. Nobody could guess which you might mean. Let's not abbreviate things that aren't in general and regular use here. Or anything unexpectedly.

It's really good to see you talking about planets instead of signs. But Capricorn is Saturn-Mars, not Mars-Uranus. This thread might interest you: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1954. Also has a couple of good reminders of the history.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Sorry for being confusing.

For the Sun/Jupiter I mean they give me the ability and want for ambition, as for journey I meant the search for something better.

Yes I meant a need to rebel and an outfit for sexual expression. I can't chalk this up to Pluto because it doesn't have any sexual influence.

For Pluto its obvious how much Pluto is in me. Capricorn is Mars, I was adding in Uranus energy because Uranus-Mars are in my chart expressed through a capricorn filter in my chart. Not that capricorn is composed of Uranus energy.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Was just mulling over Jim's use of double down and found something curious.

Jupiter-Pluto (happens natal and in Novien)
Mars-Uranus (happens twice in Novien)
Mercury-Mars (double Mars on Mercury)
Venus-Mars (double Mars on Venus)

These double down aspects are the ones that I would use to describe me first (even before noting that they were all double down). The only one missing on that list that I'd use is Pluto-Moon which is a square.

It makes me wonder if having an aspect(not necessarily the same aspect type, but the same planets involved) that happens "twice" is as expressive as a hard aspect to a luminary. [Note that Jupiter-Pluto is angular so that could rule that theory out].

As for Mars acting double on Mercury and Venus as well as being exalted and duel aspecting Uranus could explain my initial attraction to Scorpio. Or perhaps that's the Novien Scorpio sun? Also I think the falisity spread by modern astrologers of Scorpio led me astray, as easily the Mars could be pure capricorn in nature, with Uranus mixed into it [extra wild capricorn??].

I attribute to Mars my energy as my liking to watch things burn and my need for sexual relief when frustrated, whenever I mention fighting it is quickly made out to be a dominance Sun/Jupiter Sagittarius thing. However I have the desire to just see stuff fall and burn apart, even as a child.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Around 6:17pm aprox. Friday dec 7th I had a blood clot in my urine. Over the next couple of days pain and chaos ensued I was tested and treated for things but nothing was found. [Could have been simply a small kidney stone].

I don't know what I'm looking for in an event like this in terms of checking angles. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Where were you at the time?

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Hyde Park New York.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Come to a revelation. The moon is my anti-thesis in my chart, its energy is replaced mostly by Pluto and with my dignified angular sun (the anti-thesis of the moon) it makes the energy even more blurred.

However I don't think that saying that the moon has no effect on me is a true statement, in fact I believe the opposite. It is the things we don't understand and the mistakes we make that truly lead us. By that theory the anti-thesis of ourselves is who we are even more so than that which comes easy to ourselves.

I love the night I love the moon, i may not understand it but perhaps that is what my life is meant for. Perhaps I am to learn to be the Moon.