Benji 2019 Solar Return

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Benji 2019 Solar Return

Post by Benji » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I am looking for advice on where to travel for my 2019 Solar Return (DOB 05.14.1968 in Shreveport L.A @ 07:25 PM). As far as I can tell, I have two attractive locations.

The first is Miami Florida, If I am reading this correctly, I will have Jupiter on the horizon at 9:59:01 pm. This is my first choice for relocating my Solar return.

The second is Albuquerque New Mexico, again, if I am reading this correctly I will have my sun setting at exactly 7:59:01 PM. This location isn't as clean as Miami but, it is my Sun!

Any advice is welcomed. Thank you advance :D

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Benji 2019 Solar Return

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Checking your SSR for May 15, 2019, 8:59:01 PM CDT, I first want to scan for obvious aspects to encourage or avoid, The main thing is that we want to avoid putting the Saturn-Pluto conjunction (square Moon) on an angle. If we could get the Venus-Uranus conjunction angular, that would be great fun. If we could fit Jupiter into it as well, that's usually nice though we have to understand that Jupiter is moderately square Neptune.

I do see Jupiter rising cutting almost exactly through Miami. Also, I see that the Sun line isn't a bad choice, and it passes through Denver and Albuquerque. (Denver and surrounding parts of Colorado are quite nice in May, with Rocky Mountain National Park quite available.

You also get Jupiter square MC through New Orleans and all spots due north. I don't see that we can make the Venus-Uranus work within the continental U.S.

Looking at the charts themselves... Miami has Jupiter rising and avoids Neptune square Ascendant - it's too wide. Jupiter squares your Pluto, which squares Ascendant, so it should be an excellent "get-away."

Predictably, New Orleans is more indulgent. Jupiter exactly squares MC and Neptune is a few degrees off IC, opposite your natal Pluto at MC. Your Mercury is up also. This could be quite an enlightening place as well as a lot of fun.

Albuquerque has your Sun exactly setting and your Neptune exactly rising (with natal Jupiter a few degrees from MC). I don't like this as well: It has a lot of room for things to go wrong. Oh, and natal Mars exactly squares MC. I'd stay away. Because of your natal Sun-Neptune opposition, Denver is pretty much the same.

So yes, Miami is solidly nice and I think New Orleans would be awesome.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 am

Thank you, Jim!

I am a novice, so pointing out the details of the different charts is helpful. What I did was put my information in my program (solar fire) for a 2019 solar return and then used that chart, with the Astro-map button.

From that, I could see a Jupiter Line run through Miami Florida and a Sunline through Albuquerque New Mexico. New Orleans never came to mind.
I know, I have a Jupiter Line from my natal which runs through New Orleans.

New Orleans: I hitchhiked from rural northwest Louisiana in the summer of 84 to see the World Fair with $15 buck in my pocket and a backpack.
I grew up in New Orleans, that is where I learned how to make grocery (N.O slang for making a living). It is also where I was introduced to Esoteric subjects in general. Currently, I have family there so, a vacation in the city would be easy.

Thanks again Jim.
Last edited by Benji on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 am

benji wrote:
I have family there so, a vacation in the city would be easy.

:) benji, I think Jim has just clued you in on a good vacation.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 am

Benji, you used Solar Fire correctly to get the lines. I did exactly the same thing.

What it won't show you is which natal planets are angular in the Solar Return . So, just to be clear, I wasn't talking about angularities in your natal chart (which, as you point out, also have Jupiter highlighted - in fact, Jupiter and Venus highlighted - for New Orleans). I was checking which natal planets are angular in your solar return for the different locations.

Here is what your next SSR will look like for New Orleans, including natal planets on the inside ring as usual.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansnmu2xbktamfkZu54Kf8UNT93kRA
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 am

Not only that Steve, Jim is educational in the methods. Thank you both.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

benji wrote:
Jim is educational in the methods.
The best! Have a wonderful vacation. :)

Benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Benji » Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 am

Quote JAE: Predictably, New Orleans is more indulgent. Jupiter exactly squares MC and Neptune is a few degrees off IC, opposite your natal Pluto at MC. Your Mercury is up also. This could be quite an enlightening place as well as a lot of fun.
Just a quick update. I had a wonderful time on my birthday in NOLA last week. It has also come to my attention that I have become more aware of my surroundings and I am starting to pick upon, subtle body language from my family, friends and coworkers. Yesterday, I scheduled an appointment at my local community college to discuss signing up for an on-line I.T. course, just for fun. ;)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 am

I'm so glad you took the NOLA plunge. Sounds awesome, and I think you got a great SSR out of it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com