Hypnotic Charm

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Hypnotic Charm

Post by sotonye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:42 pm

This sounds like a good thing, but I'm not so sure. At least 10 young women in the last year or two have refused to speak to me further because they say I will "hypnotize them." They usually go on further to say that as a result of speaking to me, they have stopped speaking to friends and family, and that they have no desire to do anything else. One even asserted, last December, that I had to be working some kind of witchcraft on her. I never hear from them again after this "issue" is made apparent to me and it doesn't feel good. What on God's green earth could be causing this in my chart? This is all so outrageous. I first suspected Mercury aspects since they relate to communication, but the interpretations don't seem to follow. I then thought that it might be a consequence of Venus being closely configured with Jupiter and the Moon, but both aspects are soft and I'm unsure if they would contribute much to outward expression. This has been bothering me since it happened again last month! I can't believe anyone would stop talking to someone for this reason! Maybe it has to do with Jupiter on the descendant? Moon on the Asc? Maybe it's all of it?

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Re: Hypnotic Charm

Post by sotonye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I don't even consider myself charming

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm

i can completely believe that others would stop talking you because of that.

If a person feels like you have some mysterious power over them that they can not break.....then their will to live autonomously would force them to stay away for there own self preservation.

Mercurcy square neptune is what came to mind. I doubt you gave that in your batal chart but maybe a profression or transit.
Or some mars sun power over others thing.

You come across as a smooth talker with a hidden adgenda or personal secrets, and needing to feel validated of your sucess and potential. So that would be a venus jupiter aspect which I do believe Jim already went into depths with you.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Veronica wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm
i can completely believe that others would stop talking you because of that.

If a person feels like you have some mysterious power over them that they can not break.....then their will to live autonomously would force them to stay away for there own self preservation.
This is a great explanation, surprised I didn't think of it, I guess my mind didn't want to accept this as a possibility.
Mercurcy square neptune is what came to mind. I doubt you gave that in your batal chart but maybe a profression or transit.
Or some mars sun power over others thing.
I have Mercury opposite Pluto 0°15, both angular, and Mercury trine Uranus 0°29. And the reason why I don't think it's my Sun is because Aries is very abrasive, tends to make people upset and that isn't happening here
You come across as a smooth talker with a hidden adgenda or personal secrets, and needing to feel validated of your sucess and potential. So that would be a venus jupiter aspect which I do believe Jim already went into depths with you.
Do I really! Haha also this also makes a lot of sense hmm, Venus-Jupiter is all about being liked and needing attention, this might just be it. Thank you Veronica
Last edited by sotonye on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 pm

I can totally see this as an expression of your Ju-Mo-Ve combo.
- And the fact that you don't consider yourself charming - it probably just adds to your charm :)

Openly show own vulnerability. At least in those relations that you care about, want to continue. That's what comes to my mind right now, as a potential 'remedy' :) - from one Aries Sun with Ve-Ju-Mo cluster in connection to angles, to another .
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm

The only thing I can add to Veronica's remarks is that

(1) the classic "you have a hypnotic stare" elements are not in your chart, and
(2) OTOH one would expect that people would perceive any Aries of trying to control them and dominate their reality, and any Aries with a Taurus Moon of trying to use charm, sex, or heavy cream to do that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm
The only thing I can add to Veronica's remarks is that

(1) the classic "you have a hypnotic stare" elements are not in your chart, and
(2) OTOH one would expect that people would perceive any Aries of trying to control them and dominate their reality, and any Aries with a Taurus Moon of trying to use charm, sex, or heavy cream to do that.
By hypnotic charm I meant charm through communication, which is why I said at the start that, "as a result of speaking to me, they no longer speak to friends or family." I don't think I have any sort of hypnotic stare, I might be wrong but I don't think I suggested that.

And as mentioned to Veronica, these girls didn't leave because they felt controlled by me, they left because they felt that they could not control themselves, the word "addiction" was often thrown around. I don't tend toward domination and have been called liberating, never controlling.

To clarify, the issue is not that young women feel that I want to dominate them and that that makes them leave, it's that, just from casual interaction, they develop such strong feelings that they literally run away. And that's what hurts the most, this happens when things are extremely positive, and then suddenly I lose a good thing.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Danica wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 pm
I can totally see this as an expression of your Ju-Mo-Ve combo.
- And the fact that you don't consider yourself charming - it probably just adds to your charm :)

Openly show own vulnerability. At least in those relations that you care about, want to continue. That's what comes to my mind right now, as a potential 'remedy' :) - from one Aries Sun with Ve-Ju-Mo cluster in connection to angles, to another .
Considering the entire aspect structure is important and I think you're right! And honestly I don't think I'm charming! I try always to be myself and never waver from this, it's extremely important for me to be honest and I feel that being flirtatious is deceitful. I don't want to make people like me, I want them to like me on their own!

And okay thank you, I will try to be more open with how I feel about things

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am

I agree with Jim. Aries.

Since when is charming not being yourself, or flirtatious being deceitful? Don't let smarmy people who only want to hit on other people define social interaction to you. Kittens are charming. They aren't "not being themselves." They simply are.

I think the Aries "intensity" is what you are being told about. Dial back being so focused on these/any young women, and don't (for instance) monopolize them at parties, and absolutely don't stare at them or follow them around the room with your eyes. When an Aries woman does that, men see that as interesting. When an Aries man does that, most women see it as a bit too intense. Take it down a notch, even if the woman appears to be enjoying the attention in the moment.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am
I agree with Jim. Aries.
What I'm describing is not Arian

Since when is charming not being yourself, or flirtatious being deceitful? Don't let smarmy people who only want to hit on other people define social interaction to you. Kittens are charming. They aren't "not being themselves." They simply are.
That's true, I guess I just feel smarmy when I've flirted before, feels like I'm taking advantage
I think the Aries "intensity" is what you are being told about. Dial back being so focused on these/any young women, and don't (for instance) monopolize them at parties, and absolutely don't stare at them or follow them around the room with your eyes. When an Aries woman does that, men see that as interesting. When an Aries man does that, most women see it as a bit too intense. Take it down a notch, even if the woman appears to be enjoying the attention in the moment.
And maybe I should provide more context with an example. What I'm being told about is not Arian and perhaps I haven't done a decent job getting that across. A recent example was with a young woman named J. I met her at a vegan festival, exchanged numbers, stayed in contact and hung out for several weeks. But before even the 2nd week of our correspondence was finished, she began to mention how no one had ever made her feel the way I seemed to, that she was feeling things that were inexplicable, that she was sinking rapidly in affection and that this had never happened since, as she said, she usually has such good control over her feelings. This continued, deepening as the days went by until she said one day that her feelings were making her feel out of control, that she has a hard time wanting to do anything else other than speak to me and that this isn't good for her life, and that she needs to speak to me less or not at all. She did come back several months later since her feelings did not leave, but she herself left again soon after that.

This isn't about anything Arian, it's about evoking novel emotion quickly, powerfully, in the hearts of pretty girls who I meet and become close with. I've never been called intense, only calming, "like a forest."

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:07 am

Your lable "hypnotic" is likely confusing us. That nearly always means intensity and control by means that seem outside the norm. If I delete those ideas, I really have no idea what consistent phenomenon across many people you are describing that isn't just your angular Moon-Jupiter + Venus (i.e., sex appeal, sociability, charm, and attractiveness).

Perhaps if you gave us birth data of this most recent example, we could see what of your chart is touching her chart and understand this better.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:07 am
Your lable "hypnotic" is likely confusing us. That nearly always means intensity and control by means that seem outside the norm.
Oh I see, I failed to consider its meaning apart from the context it usually appeared in for me. They usually say it in such a cute way I had forgotten it isn't a cute word at at all
If I delete those ideas, I really have no idea what consistent phenomenon across many people you are describing that isn't just your angular Moon-Jupiter + Venus (i.e., sex appeal, sociability, charm, and attractiveness).
This is what I first suspected but I was uncertain that the soft aspects would produce a demonstrable effect like this one, or that Moon-Jupiter had much charm outside of passing involvements, first impressions, like what would generally be had during a political career
Perhaps if you gave us birth data of this most recent example, we could see what of your chart is touching her chart and understand this better.
February 18, 1999
8:36 pm
Glendale, AZ

Her chart is pretty

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am

Angular Moon could do that almost by itself. You're right, Moon-Jupiter isn't quite like that, but Moon-Venus-Jupiter is.

Looking at the two charts together:

The most interesting single aspect is your Sun opposite her Mars on one side and square her Uranus on the other. You ignite intense physicality and the need for psychical expression, competition, and movement in each other, and she also gives you the sense that "this is something new," or conditions are new. She is likely to motivate or drive you into action where you have been inactive.

There are lesser things, e.g. her Moon conjunct your Venus is rather wide, though close enough to be felt a little. Her Mercury squares your Moon, as yours squares her Sun. But the real big deal in the charts is her Mars + Uranus to your Sun.

None of this exactly fits what you describe as her reaction. I wouldn't have been surprised by Moon-Mars interchanges, but we got Sun-Mars instead.

You share with her a strong Moon-Venus-Jupiter bias in your character.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am
Angular Moon could do that almost by itself. You're right, Moon-Jupiter isn't quite like that, but Moon-Venus-Jupiter is.
Okay I see, gotcha. Not too long ago I was wondering what this aspect structure did if anything, its effects seemed lost on me, but now I know
Looking at the two charts together:

The most interesting single aspect is your Sun opposite her Mars on one side and square her Uranus on the other. You ignite intense physicality and the need for psychical expression, competition, and movement in each other, and she also gives you the sense that "this is something new," or conditions are new. She is likely to motivate or drive you into action where you have been inactive.
This is hugely true, it was pretty exciting, very physical, passionate, electrifying. Felt like we were headed toward new horizons if that makes sense
There are lesser things, e.g. her Moon conjunct your Venus is rather wide, though close enough to be felt a little. Her Mercury squares your Moon, as yours squares her Sun. But the real big deal in the charts is her Mars + Uranus to your Sun.

None of this exactly fits what you describe as her reaction. I wouldn't have been surprised by Moon-Mars interchanges, but we got Sun-Mars instead.
I took a look at our co-aspects and my Pluto also squares her Sun very closely, one of the closest aspects we have. The description for this I think hits the nail
You share with her a strong Moon-Venus-Jupiter bias in your character.
She was really so sweet, I really liked her and wish things worked out a little differently, but that's ok, as long as she's doing well that's all that really counts

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Reading the Sun-Pluto co-aspect interpretation once more and it's blowing my mind, it describes exactly what happened

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 am

I just looked at your chart
I think my original statement based on your language was correct....and you Do have a mercury neptune aspect as well as the sun mars that I picked up from just reading your words, soft or hard, static or dynamic , they seem to be a major part of your current character.

You also in your natal chart have moon opposite pluto, which means you are going to have that aspect most likely with all people in your generation. As well as moon aspecting neptune....again you will have this with most all poeople in your age group as well as part of your personal tendencies.

Imo those traits are going to produce in your biochemistry things such as phemerones and bonding hormones that nature evolved for our species to procreate.

Ill tell you this: you want a young pretty girl to like you for who you are as a human being, then as a dominating aries with a predisposition to be a sucessful breeder, I would strongly advise you to refrain from ALL physical contact. Use your will to focus on you non physical traits like taking pretty pictures or stringing soft words together in prose.

Previously you talked about spiritual aspirations, you would do well in my opinion to focus inward and not be distracted by pretty kittens. Best you own best friend and get a handle on yourself bc there will always be kittens in the world but you have an arian nature, which I have come to know is best when self Mastered.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 am

Veronica wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 am
I just looked at your chart
I think my original statement based on your language was correct....and you Do have a mercury neptune aspect as well as the sun mars that I picked up from just reading your words, soft or hard, static or dynamic , they seem to be a major part of your current character.
Yes I have a little Mercury-Neptune in me, but I think, since the aspect is over 4 degrees, that any influence it might have is probably obscured by the partile influences from Pluto and Uranus, especially the hard aspect from Pluto which is also almost exactly angular. But the square from Mars to my Sun is so wide (9 degrees) to be beyond the likelihood of manifesting anything, and my Sun, as Mr. Eshelman would put it, would be considered unaspected. Also, If I do seem Neptunian it might be a consequence of my Moon being 1 degree from the ascendant; the traits of both the Moon and Neptune I feel overlap in many interesting ways. And the traits produced by the average aspect from Mars to the Sun I think would appear more or less whenever the Sun finds itself in Aries
You also in your natal chart have moon opposite pluto, which means you are going to have that aspect most likely with all people in your generation. As well as moon aspecting neptune....again you will have this with most all poeople in your age group as well as part of your personal tendencies.
I don't have Pluto or Neptune aspects to my Moon, at least not ecliptically, but I do think I remember reading here that mundane aspects to the Moon are valid. Notwithstanding I don't think their being valid confers as much importance in the influence of character as ecliptic aspects, and I believe the partile sextile from Venus and the even closer partile opposition from Jupiter have more to say than the aspects above

Ill tell you this: you want a young pretty girl to like you for who you are as a human being,
I don't want this necessarily, I have a few pretty girls already and I really like them, I just don't want them to leave randomly for reasons like: "If I talk to you I won't talk to anyone else."
then as a dominating aries with a predisposition to be a sucessful breeder, I would strongly advise you to refrain from ALL physical contact. Use your will to focus on you non physical traits like taking pretty pictures or stringing soft words together in prose.
I'm not a dominating Aries, of course I can be, but I think the latter part of this quote captures what I am. I'm very Lunar, very artsy with my Taurus Moon on an angle; my Sun is hidden in the dark in a cadent position without considerable Ptolemaic aspects
Previously you talked about spiritual aspirations, you would do well in my opinion to focus inward and not be distracted by pretty kittens. Best you own best friend and get a handle on yourself bc there will always be kittens in the world but you have an arian nature, which I have come to know is best when self Mastered.
And I largely agree with this, I have to focus on my business and my art, I shouldn't be distracted by girls and I try not to be, I even wrote an article about this here: https://medium.com/@cybersigh/of-love-a ... 9a6cb82fef

The purpose of this forum post was not to figure out how to get girls, there was just an odd, established trend with them that really baffled me and which I wanted insight into. I agree with you that mastering myself is the most important thing

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 am

I dont think your sun is hidden at all.

I thought this post was going to be about what traits/aspects lend one to a tendency to be hypnotic (which I personally have quite a few).

It reads more like an odd personal reflection of your intoxicating effect over young girls in an attempt to validate or pinpoint what makes you non solar Arian, when you are. You may have a Taurus moon angluar but you come across very Arian.....with moony motives.

If you come across that way with the written word to strangers maybe reflect how real live people percieve you and instead of worrying about some odd aspect that some females think is controlling(ie witchcraft, addiction, forest) be clear to yourself about your motives and intentions and real needs and desires.

Good luck

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:33 am

Veronica wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 am
I dont think your sun is hidden at all.
Ok
I thought this post was going to be about what traits/aspects lend one to a tendency to be hypnotic (which I personally have quite a few).
This post was made in the personal chart discussion section, so I'm discussing my personal chart

It reads more like an odd personal reflection of your intoxicating effect over young girls in an attempt to validate or pinpoint what makes you non solar Arian, when you are. You may have a Taurus moon angluar but you come across very Arian.....with moony motives.
If it reads like a personal reflection, that's because this post was made in the "Discuss Your Own Horoscope" section of the forum. And if you read my original post, it had nothing to do with Aries, and I didn't discuss Aries into until it was brought up by you. So if this seems like a discussion about me not being an Aries, well, I didn't intend to make that way and was only following your lead.
If you come across that way with the written word to strangers maybe reflect how real live people percieve you and instead of worrying about some odd aspect that some females think is controlling(ie witchcraft, addiction, forest) be clear to yourself about your motives and intentions and real needs and desires.
Since you don't seem to read what I've explained carefully and instead (somehow) misinterpret my words disparagingly, I would ask you to refrain from commenting on my posts if you can avoid it, and I will happily avoid yours forever. Thank you

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 am

I've locked this thread.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 am

An interesting example of synastry, though...

V's Sun exactly square S's Mercury-Pluto (add her Moon nearby)
S's Venus closely aspecting V's Venus-Uranus
Then S's Saturn sq. V's Mars
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 am
An interesting example of synastry, though...
I thought so too.
Doesn't mean I want to watch though. :shock: