Moon-Jupiter

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Moon-Jupiter

Post by sotonye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 pm

After having a hard time understanding why this aspect is the most common for US presidents, and after investigating a broader selection of individuals who also have it to see what they have in common, my first impression, given that this group includes some of the most influential people in the world (Kim kardashian, Bernie Sanders, Jason Bateman, Bono, Tyra banks, Mario Lopez, Will Smith, Tyler Perry, Jules Verne, Whitney Houston, Ariana Grande, Muhammad Ali, Nigel Farage, Jake Gyllenhaal), is that the aspect imbues the native with the ability to make himself popular with others. I think the aspect is one of excellent social tact, and tact as effective with individuals as it is with an audience. I think these people really know how to sell themselves. And there is a kind of softness about them, it's not completely yielding like Moon-Venus configurations, but they appear friendly enough to disarm others, which I think grants these individuals a certain influence over them. They have a talent for being widely congenial, appealing to both the lowest and the highest denominator. The Moon here allowing one's social needs and responses to be adaptable I think is really at the core of the outcomes the aspect produces, I think it's the most essential part, Mr. E really nailed it on the head in the theoretic interpretation. These people have a flexible grace, and perhaps have the uncanny ability of becoming friendly with anyone!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Moon-Jupiter

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 pm

I always have to ask with this aspect... What would you say about Adolph Hitler?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 pm
I always have to ask with this aspect... What would you say about Adolph Hitler?
Considering that he joined an established party and rose to become its head, and then was subsequently appointed chancellor, I'd say he had a knack for making himself popular with the right people, or he was extremely threatening and carried with him the threat of death.
Last edited by sotonye on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 am

Sotonye wrote:
Considering that he joined an established party and rose to become its head, and then was subsequently appointed chancellor, I'd say he had a knack for making himself popular with the right people...
Exactly Sotonye!

I have a good friend with a 1,20 Moon-Jupiter angular conjunction, and he was the most popular person on a small college campus. He and I met within the first hour we both arrived on campus our freshman year—it was his raucous laughter making me laugh which immediately drew me to him. If he ran for student President he would have won easily, but he was too much of a party animal to have time for politics, he was more interested in having fun. In college he was a ‘chick’ magnet-- women loved him and there were so many women. He could meet a new female and have her laughing in stitches in 5 minutes. This combo acts like a magnet for drawing tremendous popular public support, imo. My friend today is very popular in his community, Gulf Shores, Alabama, everyone who gets to know him wants to become his friend. Also he is a very successful business person owning a small Beach Side Cafe recognized in the South as serving some of the best Seafood on the Gulf Coast, so good, his Cafe ‘Bahama Bobs’ was written up in a very popular magazine in the South—Southern Living. He once was approached to run for Mayor for Gulf Shores. He has a veracious appetite for good tasting foods and extends this good tasting foods through his Beach Side Cafe. Every time I get around people where I live and the subject of seafood enters the conversation, they ask me if I have ever eaten at Bahama Bobs, my wife and I helped my good friend open Bahama Bobs. I have seen my friend walk through his busy Cafe talking to complete strangers and within minutes someone will be offering him free stuff associated with their life interest. Once I saw him meet a complete stranger in his cafe and come back to the bar where I was sitting with two free sky-box tickets for a sold-out college football game, without doing anything for this stranger.

Bradley recognized Moon-Jupiter combo’s in Sidereal Return Charts as the Uno # 1 winning combo for political candidates winning elections, and without a doubt my own research has proven this to be so true! In Trump’s 2016 SSR his SSR Moon was partile conjunct his Natal Moon, and against all betting odds and much negative public opinion from BOTH political parties—Trump a total political DC outsider became Prez---frigging amazing—but astrology working its magic in a Moon-Jupiter benefic way for a political outsider candidate.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 am
I have a good friend with a 1,20 Moon-Jupiter angular conjunction, and he was the most popular person on a small college campus. He and I met within the first hour we both arrived on campus our freshman year—it was his raucous laughter making me laugh which immediately drew me to him. If he ran for student President he would have won easily, but he was too much of a party animal to have time for politics, he was more interested in having fun.
Hi Steve! This descrives EXACTLY how I picture these people. And I really love that his laugh made you laugh too, it sounds like his humor is infectious. And it's also interesting that he didn't get into politics, this might suggest one of the drawbacks of the aspect, maybe they take "having a good time" to be more important than other, higher aims? Mr. E does say in the aspect description that the hard aspects want to just have a good time sexually, and maybe this translates into a more general behavior?

college he was a ‘chick’ magnet-- women loved him and there were so many women. He could meet a new female and have her laughing in stitches in 5 minutes.
You usually think of Moon-Venus configurations as being chick magnets so it's a very novel thing to hear this associated with Moon-Jupiter. I think it might work just as well, just in another way, in the way you describe here. In studies on what women find attractive in a mate they often self report that humor is extremely important, and I have no doubts that this aspect is one that can put a smile on any face! Also there is the element of charisma that we shouldn't overlook, I bet your friend oozed a confident kind of charm!
This combo acts like a magnet for drawing tremendous popular public support, imo. My friend today is very popular in his community, Gulf Shores, Alabama, everyone who gets to know him wants to become his friend.
Steve this is cool as hell. I mean it's always great when someone can corroborate your suspicions, but it's also really nice to hear about someone who makes others happy. He sounds like a good guy and I'm really glad you know him
Also he is a very successful business person owning a small Beach Side Cafe recognized in the South as serving some of the best Seafood on the Gulf Coast, so good, his Cafe ‘Bahama Bobs’ was written up in a very popular magazine in the South—Southern Living.
Is commerce associated with the aspect you think? If I remember correctly, Ebertin says the sociological correspondence is "successful entrepreneurs," but you always think of Mercury-Jupiter or even Mars aspects as being related to business savvy

He once was approached to run for Mayor for Gulf Shores. He has a veracious appetite for good tasting foods and extends this good tasting foods through his Beach Side Cafe.
The Moon's association with feeding emphasized by Jupiter's desire for quality?
Every time I get around people where I live and the subject of seafood enters the conversation, they ask me if I have ever eaten at Bahama Bobs, my wife and I helped my good friend open Bahama Bobs. I have seen my friend walk through his busy Cafe talking to complete strangers and within minutes someone will be offering him free stuff associated with their life interest. Once I saw him meet a complete stranger in his cafe and come back to the bar where I was sitting with two free sky-box tickets for a sold-out college football game, without doing anything for this stranger.
I'm glad you and your wife helped him open Bahama Bobs, I mean I think it says a lot about you and about him. It sounds like he's a nice enough guy to secure a spacious place in your heart, and that you're very considerate of the needs of others and generous with your time. It's a whole Jupiter fest. And also what you said further, about him meeting strangers and gaining their favor in some way, I think this is an important element, in politics this translates into votes. He really should run for some sort of office
Bradley recognized Moon-Jupiter combo’s in Sidereal Return Charts as the Uno # 1 winning combo for political candidates winning elections, and without a doubt my own research has proven this to be so true! In Trump’s 2016 SSR his SSR Moon was partile conjunct his Natal Moon, and against all betting odds and much negative public opinion from BOTH political parties—Trump a total political DC outsider became Prez---frigging amazing—but astrology working its magic in a Moon-Jupiter benefic way for a political outsider candidate.
Wow I didn't know this about the 2016 election but this symbolism fits perfectly with what happened, more than perfectly. I'm actually having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Everyone was convinced he would lose. This makes me want to run for president

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 am

Sotonye wrote:
And it's also interesting that he didn't get into politics, this might suggest one of the drawbacks of the aspect, maybe they take "having a good time" to be more important than other, higher aims? Mr. E does say in the aspect description that the hard aspects want to just have a good time sexually, and maybe this translates into a more general behavior?
Without a doubt, my friend's main interest in life was ‘having a good time” and in a sense making sure others who got to know him had a good time.

Sotonye wrote:
In studies on what women find attractive in a mate they often self report that humor is extremely important, and I have no doubts that this aspect is one that can put a smile on any face! Also there is the element of charisma that we shouldn't overlook, I bet your friend oozed a confident kind of charm!
Exactly! He has a natural gift for making people who meet/know him—laugh. And yes, ‘humor is extremely important’ with all kinds of relationships, especially with a new relationship with a woman, imo. Laughter is our best magical medicine for anything.

Sotonye wrote:
Is commerce associated with the aspect you think? If I remember correctly, Ebertin says the sociological correspondence is "successful entrepreneurs," but you always think of Mercury-Jupiter or even Mars aspects as being related to business savvy.
Bottom line: Moon-Jupiter combo’s have a-lot to do with “winning” regardless the endeavor.

Sotonye wrote:
I'm glad you and your wife helped him open Bahama Bobs, I mean I think it says a lot about you and about him. It sounds like he's a nice enough guy to secure a spacious place in your heart, and that you're very considerate of the needs of others and generous with your time. It's a whole Jupiter fest.
I met him over 50 years ago and would literally die for him. I really don’t believe I would have made it in life without him. He was always there for me when I needed a good friend to lean on. My wife of 47 years has told me the only other person she has known-- who she would have married if asked and if she met first was my best friend. Not only is he my best friend in life—he is my wife’s best friend in life. IMO, this is the benefic vibes Moon-Jupiter exudes which other people pick-up on which strongly attracts them to Moon-Jupiter people.

Sotonye wrote:
Wow I didn't know this about the 2016 election but this symbolism fits perfectly with what happened, more than perfectly. I'm actually having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Everyone was convinced he would lose.
IMO, what really made most voting people convinced he would lose was the media. It was the first time in my life I saw public opinion polls reported by the media influence Vegas betting on a Prez election, making Hillary a huge favorite. Just shows me the power of TV news influencing the thinking of the voting public—but not to the point of ruling over the Sidereal Astrology of a person’s AA rated chart.

Sotonye wrote:
This makes me want to run for president.
:) Why not? All you have to have is some public name recognition and Moon-Jupiter in a main chart. You got the Moon-Jupiter covered--just go find you some public name recognition :). For damn sure you don’t have to have a political resume, proven by Trump winning. In the decade of the 2010’s the 7 exact Uranus-Pluto squares have turned politics upside-down through the voting public.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 pm

SteveS wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 am
Without a doubt, my friend's main interest in life was ‘having a good time” and in a sense making sure others who got to know him had a good time.
Would you be open to posting his chart? This guy sounds like an angel
Exactly! He has a natural gift for making people who meet/know him—laugh. And yes, ‘humor is extremely important’ with all kinds of relationships, especially with a new relationship with a woman, imo. Laughter is our best magical medicine for anything.
100% agree
Bottom line: Moon-Jupiter combo’s have a-lot to do with “winning” regardless the endeavor.
Ah okay, this makes sense thank you, going to add it to my notes
I met him over 50 years ago and would literally die for him. I really don’t believe I would have made it in life without him. He was always there for me when I needed a good friend to lean on. My wife of 47 years has told me the only other person she has known-- who she would have married if asked and if she met first was my best friend. Not only is he my best friend in life—he is my wife’s best friend in life. IMO, this is the benefic vibes Moon-Jupiter exudes which other people pick-up on which strongly attracts them to Moon-Jupiter people.
Steve that's really huge what you're saying here, I think my previous comment about him being an angel is more true than I realized. Very rarely do we meet people who change our lives significantly and who know how to really be there for others, but when we do those people seem like a blessing from above, like evidence for the divine, and this guy sounds just like that. And what your wife said is extremely significant too, but I am glad she did not meet him first lol. And about the benefic vibes, I have a hard time putting this into words but, when a planet aspects another which rules the sign of its exaltation, does something special happen? For example, since Jupiter works best in Cancer, do aspects between Jupiter and the Moon allow for the easiest expression of Jupiterian themes? Sorry this is hard for me to explain
IMO, what really made most voting people convinced he would lose was the media. It was the first time in my life I saw public opinion polls reported by the media influence Vegas betting on a Prez election, making Hillary a huge favorite. Just shows me the power of TV news influencing the thinking of the voting public—but not to the point of ruling over the Sidereal Astrology of a person’s AA rated chart.
I'm interested to see how the media will choose to report his odds in 2020, I'm assuming that they will be much more hesitant to say outright that he will lose. Do you think he will win again?
:) Why not? All you have to have is some public name recognition and Moon-Jupiter in a main chart. You got the Moon-Jupiter covered--just go find you some public name recognition :). For damn sure you don’t have to have a political resume, proven by Trump winning. In the decade of the 2010’s the 7 exact Uranus-Pluto squares have turned politics upside-down through the voting public.
I'm planning on running for a seat in the house in 2021 when my district's incumbent leaves office! It's strange but I don't feel as drawn to any career other than politics or business for whatever reason. The only issue though is that, though having a Moon-Jupiter aspect is great, I'm an Aries which isn't very conducive to being popular lol, I've never really been able to take advantage in this case, I have strong antisocial elements in my map. Hopefully this will turn around as I mature however. And we definitely have entered a new political age, it doesn't really seem real, people like to say jokingly that we've entered another dimension and it really seems that way sometimes!

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm

sotonye wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 pm

I'm planning on running for a seat in the house in 2021 when my district's incumbent leaves office! It's strange but I don't feel as drawn to any career other than politics or business for whatever reason.
A politician knowledgeable in Sidereal Astrology? Yes, please! :D
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Danica wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm
A politician knowledgeable in Sidereal Astrology? Yes, please! :D
I will openly express my love of astrology and the news will make fun of me for it! But that's okay!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 am

Sotonye asked:
Would you be open to posting his chart? This guy sounds like an angel
I have said many times the 3 ‘angels’ in my life are my mother, wife, and best friend. The following link is my friend’s Natal. Sag Sun, Scorpio Moon. Note his Moon-Jupiter cnj partile cnj the Zenith, with Moon partile sextile Venus.

https://imgur.com/a/JXNraza

Sotonye wrote:
Very rarely do we meet people who change our lives significantly and who know how to really be there for others, but when we do those people seem like a blessing from above, like evidence for the divine, and this guy sounds just like that.
Exactly! When you get as old as I you can go back in your life and clearly see about 3 people will be instrumental in influencing your life as a blessing. The old saying at the end of life ‘you can count your true close friends on one hand’ is so true.

Sotonye wrote:
I'm interested to see how the media will choose to report his odds in 2020, I'm assuming that they will be much more hesitant to say outright that he will lose. Do you think he will win again?
Now I am leaning toward Trump losing the 2020 election but I really need his opponent's AA rated birth time for complete analysis. IMO, I think the right wing media outlets will be reporting: no way Trump loses the 2020 Prez election, just as most of the left wing media outlets reported in the 2016 Prez election: no way Hillary loses the 2016 Prez election.

Sotonye wrote:
I'm planning on running for a seat in the house in 2021 when my district's incumbent leaves office!
8-)

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:03 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 am
I have said many times the 3 ‘angels’ in my life are my mother, wife, and best friend. The following link is my friend’s Natal. Sag Sun, Scorpio Moon. Note his Moon-Jupiter cnj partile cnj the Zenith, with Moon partile sextile Venus.

https://imgur.com/a/JXNraza
Your friend has almost the exact same aspect structure as I do!!!!!!!!! Moon-Venus partile sextile, close and angular Moon-Jupiter hard aspect, close Venus-Jupiter soft aspect!! Wow what the heck! I wonder if we are similar. His Sag Sun is a cherry on top, tying the benefic elements together neatly in way, I mean sometimes charts have conflicting traits here and there that cause a little friction in the personality, but this chart suggests a harmonious character to me, and his Scorpio Moon is just hilarious and might also explain the bent toward having a good time. It's all really beautiful, and what's interesting to me is that he has the same Sun and Moon combo of the only girl I've loved, that combination is a refined and gracious one, really magnetic and good humored. I'm sure the charts of your Mother and Wife are just as brilliant and this is important, for the sake of our own lives as much as for the sake of astrology, it's great to know what a great chart looks like.
Exactly! When you get as old as I you can go back in your life and clearly see about 3 people will be instrumental in influencing your life as a blessing. The old saying at the end of life ‘you can count your true close friends on one hand’ is so true.
I wish this werent the case and that good friends were easier to come by, but I suppose it wouldn't be as special in that case
Now I am leaning toward Trump losing the 2020 election but I really need his opponent's AA rated birth time for complete analysis. IMO, I think the right wing media outlets will be reporting: no way Trump loses the 2020 Prez election, just as most of the left wing media outlets reported in the 2016 Prez election: no way Hillary loses the 2016 Prez election.
If he has a good opponent the rightwing media might not be so confident, part of the leftwing media's confidence back then was that trump was ridiculous and uncharacteristic of a politician in his conduct, it was hard to see the appeal

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:41 am

Sotonye wrote:
Your friend has almost the exact same aspect structure as I do!!!!!!!!!
Exactly! But your Moon-Jupiter is even more potent with a very rare active Paran, the most potent aspect known in Sidereal Astrology. I also like that angular Mercury partile 180 Pluto in your Natal Chart. Ebertin says about this aspect:
Principle: The art of persuasion, suggestion.
Probable Manifestation (+): Successes as a speaker or writer, (mostly in specialized fields), the attainment of public recognition.
If Ebertin’s tone about this Mercury-Pluto aspect manifests strongly in your life---should be a great benefic in the political world, especially combined with your Moon-Jupiter Paran. :)

Sotonye wrote:
If he has a good opponent the rightwing media might not be so confident, part of the leftwing media's confidence back then was that trump was ridiculous and uncharacteristic of a politician in his conduct, it was hard to see the appeal.
Yes, I agree. I think I see a strong opponent for Trump in Beto O’Rourke, but not sure Beto is going to run for Prez. He said he would announce yea or nay by the end of this month. One of the Keys for me in understanding how the 2016 Prez Election would turn out was the 2016 Capsolar and Libsolar which featured a-lot of strong Uranus-Pluto symbolism. This told me there was high % the 2016 Election would be turned up-side down, and Trump was a natural for turning the DC political world upside-down. I can’t wait for the 2020 Election. :)

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:40 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:41 am
Exactly! But your Moon-Jupiter is even more potent with a very rare active Paran, the most potent aspect known in Sidereal Astrology.

Do parans have different significance natally? I know they are very important for solunar returns and I'm wondering if we know what they do in the natal chart
I also like that angular Mercury partile 180 Pluto in your Natal Chart.
If Ebertin’s tone about this Mercury-Pluto aspect manifests strongly in your life---should be a great benefic in the political world, especially combined with your Moon-Jupiter Paran. :)
I think Pluto can be kind of rough sometimes, a little insensitive about the necessary illusions of others, but he brings a kind of authenticity to thinking and speaking that I think people do enjoy. And in the case of my own life I've excelled when it came to public speaking and it might be the Pluto and Uranus both beaming my Mercury with their weird rays
Yes, I agree. I think I see a strong opponent for Trump in Beto O’Rourke, but not sure Beto is going to run for Prez. He said he would announce yea or nay by the end of this month. One of the Keys for me in understanding how the 2016 Prez Election would turn out was the 2016 Capsolar and Libsolar which featured a-lot of strong Uranus-Pluto symbolism. This told me there was high % the 2016 Election would be turned up-side down, and Trump was a natural for turning the DC political world upside-down. I can’t wait for the 2020 Election. :)
Mr. O'rourke would be an interesting opponent for Trump, the two juxtaposed might make the latter look kind of bad. We don't like to say it but looks do factor prominently in politics, and Robert has a much friendlier face and mode of being than the Donald. And I have to take the next step on my Astro journey and grasp mundane astrology as well as you, what you're describing is completely amazing, you saw something no one else in the world did in 2016!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:13 am

Sotonye asked:
Do parans have different significance natally? I know they are very important for solunar returns and I'm wondering if we know what they do in the natal chart.
No significant difference! Active Parans are the most powerful aspect known in Sidereal Astrology, regardless the type chart. Very rare to see an active Paran in any kind of chart.

Sotonye wrote:
I think Pluto can be kind of rough sometimes, a little insensitive about the necessary illusions of others, but he brings a kind of authenticity to thinking and speaking that I think people do enjoy. And in the case of my own life I've excelled when it came to public speaking and it might be the Pluto and Uranus both beaming my Mercury with their weird rays.
IMO, Pluto has a lot to do with types of ‘Laser Focus’, combined with Mercury—a laser focus with writing, speaking, all kinds of communications.

Sotonye wrote:
And I have to take the next step on my Astro journey and grasp mundane astrology as well as you…
Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA) is a major break through in the entire field of Mundane Astrology IMO, and Jim’s free book on SMA with his forum here is a great learning tool for Mundane Astrology.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:59 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:13 am
No significant difference! Active Parans are the most powerful aspect known in Sidereal Astrology, regardless the type chart. Very rare to see an active Paran in any kind of chart.
That's pretty cool haha. I'm hoping this all means I'll be able to affect others half as well as your friend has in his life, your description of him has set a great example for me, as what a Moon-Jupiter person can really be
IMO, Pluto has a lot to do with types of ‘Laser Focus’, combined with Mercury—a laser focus with writing, speaking, all kinds of communications.
More and more I'm beginning to see this in those I know with close Mercury-Pluto configurations, they are a penetrating bunch I think
Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA) is a major break through in the entire field of Mundane Astrology IMO, and Jim’s free book on SMA with his forum here is a great learning tool for Mundane Astrology.
Every time I've tried to parse the material I've become apprehensive because it seems so daunting, but this weekend I'm going to try my best to grasp the subject

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 am

Sotonye wrote:
Every time I've tried to parse the material I've become apprehensive because it seems so daunting, but this weekend I'm going to try my best to grasp the subject
I understand Sotonye. It took me a couple of years to 'grasp' all the principles involved implementing them into the style of mundane astrology I practice, but it serves as an immense tool for my insight into certain mundane things which are a priority to me. Mundane Astrology does not have to be important to every astrologer, but it was to me from the get-go when I first took-up the learning of astrology 40 years ago.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am

sotonye wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:59 am
The book is huge, but you don't, and maybe shouldn't try to, read every example. The examples are what make the book huge.
There's a "Navigating this Book" paragraph in the first few pages (above the table of contents) that lays out how how Jim feels the book should be read. Basically, read the first 8 chapters (they're not that long), Chapter 12 (because you need to understand the weather studies) and then the six Appendices. Even if a lot of it is familiar, skim that stuff carefully as a refresher, and watch out for the differences between "best guesses" we've used as settled fact for years, and observed facts in this book.
I think the example chapters can be used as reference material as things come up in charts you're looking at, although perusing the first few paragraphs of each would always be a good use of your time.
When you're using the book as a reference while looking at future charts, look up the aspects in Appendix F, see what events have shown that kind of aspect, and go back to the example chapters for more information and to help you sort out what might happen.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 am

I've been having heart problems the last few days and haven't felt well enough to respond to everyone, but I will if I don't die or anything

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 am

Feel better soon.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am

I understand Sotonye and can relate to heart heath issues, I have had heart health issues in the past.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am
The book is huge, but you don't, and maybe shouldn't try to, read every example. The examples are what make the book huge.
There's a "Navigating this Book" paragraph in the first few pages (above the table of contents) that lays out how how Jim feels the book should be read. Basically, read the first 8 chapters (they're not that long), Chapter 12 (because you need to understand the weather studies) and then the six Appendices. Even if a lot of it is familiar, skim that stuff carefully as a refresher, and watch out for the differences between "best guesses" we've used as settled fact for years, and observed facts in this book.
I think the example chapters can be used as reference material as things come up in charts you're looking at, although perusing the first few paragraphs of each would always be a good use of your time.
When you're using the book as a reference while looking at future charts, look up the aspects in Appendix F, see what events have shown that kind of aspect, and go back to the example chapters for more information and to help you sort out what might happen.

Hello Jupiter, thank you for outlining this all for me, I'm currently going back and forth between this post and the material and don't know what I was so worried about

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 am
I understand Sotonye. It took me a couple of years to 'grasp' all the principles involved implementing them into the style of mundane astrology I practice, but it serves as an immense tool for my insight into certain mundane things which are a priority to me. Mundane Astrology does not have to be important to every astrologer, but it was to me from the get-go when I first took-up the learning of astrology 40 years ago.
Hi Steve, with the outline Jupiter gave me I've been able to get over a few of my apprehensions, and now I feel I understand why you give priority to mundane astrology! Also I understand that mundane astrology does not have to be important to every astrologer but at the same I feel it should, it's fun

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 am
Feel better soon.
Thank you

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am
I understand Sotonye and can relate to heart heath issues, I have had heart health issues in the past.
You're feeling better now?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks Sotonye, my heart is much better with the procedure I had a couple years back, but at some point in my future I will probably encounter some congested heart problems, at least what one Doc told me. But now, I am on a quest experimenting with Eastern Medicine (Chinese), and with Jupiter rising I am always hoping for the best. :)

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:03 pm

SteveS wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 am
Thanks Sotonye, my heart is much better with the procedure I had a couple years back, but at some point in my future I will probably encounter some congested heart problems, at least what one Doc told me. But now, I am on a quest experimenting with Eastern Medicine (Chinese), and with Jupiter rising I am always hoping for the best. :)
I'm glad to hear you're doing much better now, and I'd like to recommend the green tea polyphenol EGCg to guard against any future congestive heart issues, here's a nice study abstract detailing how the sweet molecule attenuates the progression of congestive heart failure: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27374189/

Also I'm wondering if Jupiter will come in handy in my life too with respect to health? Would you say it has for you?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 am

Sotonye asked:
Also I'm wondering if Jupiter will come in handy in my life too with respect to health?
Probably yes, only thing with a Moon-Jupiter in a malefic manner would be with the wrong appetite/diet.
Would you say it has for you?
It certainly has now with your Green Tea link :) In respect to my life, it has been mainly all about my angular Jupiter-Node aspect which has manifested in my life BIG TIME with “fortunate contacts. (other people)” Its been like a magic wand-- hooking me up with total strangers at times in my life who teach me what I need to know—to manifest Jupiter in my life. Thanks again for the Green Tea research link Sotonye—very, very enlightening-- will definitely implement much more Green Tea into my body.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 am
Sotonye asked:
Also I'm wondering if Jupiter will come in handy in my life too with respect to health?
Probably yes, only thing with a Moon-Jupiter in a malefic manner would be with the wrong appetite/diet.
Yes, when it's afflicted (say, by progressions or transits) afflictions having to do with the digestive and broader alimentary system. (Liver affliction are common with Jupiter afflictions.) However, your Moon-Jupiter aspect is so angular that it is not likely to affect your health adversely. Primarily, acutely background strong aspects affect health adversely (plus Moon and Mars signs showing parts of the body that are unusually vulnerable).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:05 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 am

This is funny because almost all the times I've had health issues were caused by consuming too much of something!
It certainly has now with your Green Tea link :) In respect to my life, it has been mainly all about my angular Jupiter-Node aspect which has manifested in my life BIG TIME with “fortunate contacts. (other people)” Its been like a magic wand-- hooking me up with total strangers at times in my life who teach me what I need to know—to manifest Jupiter in my life. Thanks again for the Green Tea research link Sotonye—very, very enlightening-- will definitely implement much more Green Tea into my body.
This is really excellent, I'm very thankful that you have had this, it brings me back to the beginning of the conversation when you mentioned your truly angelic friend! Also of course Steve, I would like you to be alright indefinitely

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:16 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 am
Yes, when it's afflicted (say, by progressions or transits) afflictions having to do with the digestive and broader alimentary system. (Liver afflictions are common with Jupiter afflictions.) However, your Moon-Jupiter aspect is so angular that it is not likely to affect your health adversely. Primarily, acutely background strong aspects affect health adversely (plus Moon and Mars signs showing parts of the body that are unusually vulnerable).
So the background represents frustrated planetary expressions and corresponding dis-ease? Also is there an outline of signs and bodily correspondences?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:37 am

sotonye wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:16 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 am
Yes, when it's afflicted (say, by progressions or transits) afflictions having to do with the digestive and broader alimentary system. (Liver afflictions are common with Jupiter afflictions.) However, your Moon-Jupiter aspect is so angular that it is not likely to affect your health adversely. Primarily, acutely background strong aspects affect health adversely (plus Moon and Mars signs showing parts of the body that are unusually vulnerable).
So the background represents frustrated planetary expressions and corresponding dis-ease? Also is there an outline of signs and bodily correspondences?
Maybe around here someplace, but it's more or less the standard one you find in most Tropical books but primarily flipped, i.e., Libra head (what the opposite sign having an occasional tendency to 'reach across"). Thus, Aquarius is primarily connected to the heart and Leo to the back and spine, though occasionally you'll see these flip if the rest of the symbolism demands it.

With Moon in Taurus, you're looking at greater vulnerabilities especially affecting the genitals. With Mars in Cancer, you're looking especially at greater vulnerability to inflammatory or breakage conditions in the joints and, to a lesser extent, bones overall. (Is there a history of arthritis in your faily?)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:37 am
Maybe around here someplace, but it's more or less the standard one you find in most Tropical books but primarily flipped, i.e., Libra head (what the opposite sign having an occasional tendency to 'reach across"). Thus, Aquarius is primarily connected to the heart and Leo to the back and spine, though occasionally you'll see these flip if the rest of the symbolism demands it.
I found it here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1796

With Moon in Taurus, you're looking at greater vulnerabilities especially affecting the genitals. With Mars in Cancer, you're looking especially at greater vulnerability to inflammatory or breakage conditions in the joints and, to a lesser extent, bones overall. (Is there a history of arthritis in your faily?)
There's no history of arthritis in my family but I have had huge trouble with my knees growing up, originally from growing so much and so quickly (I'm 6ft6), and subsequently from playing basketball in middle school and high school. Tremendous ware has been incurred by my knees from all that jumping around, and all for nothing too! I wasn't ever any good at any sport except martial arts. At rate, my knees are still sensitive from all the jumping and bumping back then. And thankfully I don't think I'll have genital issues considering that my moon is angular, and the aspects from Jup and Venus help too I think

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 am

This thread is so wholesome...

And into it I will penetrate.. Reading into what has been said here about Moon-jupiter I can actually start to relate to how Jupiter works, and understand how my chart is broken down.

The lovely social side of Jupiter which is angular a dignity and aspects a luminary in my chart is a side I have trouble accessing do to 2 over looming energies.

With Mars and/or Uranus energies aspecting my Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus I often seek out raw, unpleasant, deep/real conversation and this makes communication with me for many very hard.

In addition with Pluto/Saturn energy on the Moon making me deep down not one to want to talk to all people, especially for an extended period of time.

Behind this there is perhaps some manners and inviting nature however I wouldn't call that me. I will use it on a surface level to be successful however. I would also say I'd have to sum this aspect up as charismatic.

Thanks for the discussion guys it was very much helpful.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Beanies+Bad habits wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 am

The lovely social side of Jupiter which is angular a dignity and aspects a luminary in my chart is a side I have trouble accessing do to 2 over looming energies.
The same used to be true of me when I was 19, I mean I've got configurations in my chart which really contradict everything Jupiter might have to say, all of his cordial, refined, delicate, obliging qualities were eclipsed for a long time behind the imperiousness of an Aries Sun, the antisociality of an angular Pluto, the imperiousness of an angular Mars, and Uranus-Pluto forming a structure of rebellion with my Mercury. But as I got older I began expressing a more Jupiterian bent I would say, it all happened very quickly, in the blank of an eye, and after I was certain that I had a full grasp of myself. And I think now that charts are just something we all grow into, and I think you'll grow into yours too, it'll be very good
With Mars and/or Uranus energies aspecting my Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus I often seek out raw, unpleasant, deep/real conversation and this makes communication with me for many very hard.
There's a certain level of authenticity missing from our involvements with others these days, I mean half of all Americans report feeling lonely and so I think there's some failure on the part of communication. So if you can speak in a deeply authentic way, as I believe you do, I think you'll find a more positive response as time goes on than otherwise, since anything that becomes scarce receives a premium eventually, an uptick in value, and I think authentic communication is invaluable and will become even more so. I think people like Trump for this reason, he speaks in a way that isn't polished and which makes our mothers feel unwell
In addition with Pluto/Saturn energy on the Moon making me deep down not one to want to talk to all people, especially for an extended period of time.

Understandable, it can be exhausting
Behind this there is perhaps some manners and inviting nature however I wouldn't call that me. I will use it on a surface level to be successful however. I would also say I'd have to sum this aspect up as charismatic.
Jupiter people like yourself have a way of almost always being well received and I think you'll definitely employ this subtle behavior a lot eventually, it gets us what we want imo
Thanks for the discussion guys it was very much helpful.
Happy you enjoyed it :,)

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Is Moon-Jupiter lucky at all? I know a lot of Sun-Jupiter people and they all seem to have issues resolve themselves fairly quickly, even issues that until their resolution seem insurmountable, and they are sometimes the subject of unusual luck, this doesn't seem to be the case for Moon-Jupiter people except in the case of campaigns for class president. What is the overall trend here? And if there is a difference in luck between aspects, then why?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:15 pm

In answering your question as asked, I need for to clarify that it depends on which Moon-Jupiter aspect. It seems your question means natal aspects, but the answer would be quite different if it were Moon-Jupiter in a solar or lunar return, transiting Jupiter to natal Moon, transiting Moon to natal Jupiter, etc.

I don't think of a birth chart as necessarily showing luck per se. All lives are lucky and unlucky at times. I do, however, think of birth charts as showing whether one is better equipped to deal with fortunate vs. unfortunate conditions. Venus and Jupiter personalities are best suited to do well in comfortable, privileged, fortunate conditions, and don't fare as well during times of misfortunate. Mars and Saturn personalities are best suited to do well in uncomfortable, struggling, difficult conditions, and don't fare as well in conditions of comfort and ease.

That being said, I don't see anything in my notes that says Moon-Jupiter in a natal chart is particularly lucky. Drawn to nice conditions, yes. Needing acknowledgement that they are somehow special or important, yes. Generous and often structuring their lives to give to others, yes. But (perhaps because I simply don't look for this kind of thing, or perhaps because it isn't there) nothing in my notes says they are any luckier than anyone else.

And (even though I don't look for this sort of thing), I do have notes inferring particular luck to Sun-Jupiter, as you observed, though I often wonder if the attitudes around things don't give this impression more than something objective (How do you objectively assess luck?)

My standard interpretation for Sun-Jupiter natal aspects:
Generous, kind, warm, amiable, upbeat, tolerant. Visible self-confidence. Strong need for acceptance and friendship. A general dislike of problems (seems to float through life with amazingly little care for circumstances). Lucky: confident the universe will bail them out, problems usually resolve remarkably easily, but has a hard time persevering against real adversity when it finally strikes. (Extravagant, prodigal, loves leisure, overly reliant on luck.) Mind is philosophical or religious.

My standard interpretation for Moon-Jupiter natal aspects:
Ambitious, desires success, aspires to take the lead. A natural ‘host,’ likes to play ringmaster in all life areas including in social & sexual hospitality. Usually good-humored, entertaining, kind, generous. Drawn to quality, desires only the best (things & circumstances) for self & loved ones. Strong beliefs (often religious or patriotic intensity, moralistic, judgmental). Social elitism (possible feigned superiority, aristocratic conceit).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

I don't think of a birth chart as necessarily showing luck per se. All lives are lucky and unlucky at times.
I think this is partly true, I see a lot of the time something you've mentioned previously, that charts tend to predict the way we respond to things, and I see often that, for example, if two individuals grow up in an abusive household with one having Sun-Saturn and the other having Sun-Venus, the Venus individual seems to come out of the circumstance with fewer psychological wounds. But on the other hand it seems like charts that are heavily Malefic seem to give life events that are overwhelmingly hard, not just hard because of particular response to and internalization of circumstance, but hard in more physical ways. I see the opposite with unusually benefic charts, when I do see them, but it's not often that I do and I think this says something, perhaps that life is hard for most people.
I do, however, think of birth charts as showing whether one is better equipped to deal with fortunate vs. unfortunate conditions. Venus and Jupiter personalities are best suited to do well in comfortable, privileged, fortunate conditions, and don't fare as well during times of misfortunate. Mars and Saturn personalities are best suited to do well in uncomfortable, struggling, difficult conditions, and don't fare as well in conditions of comfort and ease.
This is also very true and im not sure how to reconcile this with the above, maybe it's that benefic dominant individuals tend not to impose psychic wounds on themselves when events don't call for it, and have trouble when things get real
That being said, I don't see anything in my notes that says Moon-Jupiter in a natal chart is particularly lucky. Drawn to nice conditions, yes. Needing acknowledgement that they are somehow special or important, yes. Generous and often structuring their lives to give to others, yes. But (perhaps because I simply don't look for this kind of thing, or perhaps because it isn't there) nothing in my notes says they are any luckier than anyone else.

Thank you Mr. E, this is what I have been suspecting. Despite the frequency in US presidents it doesn't seem to give the same kind of benefits and windfalls as I see with Sun-Jupiter people. It Is interesting though that Sun-Jupiter isn't more common for presidents, I don't fully understand it
And (even though I don't look for this sort of thing), I do have notes inferring particular luck to Sun-Jupiter, as you observed, though I often wonder if the attitudes around things don't give this impression more than something objective (How do you objectively assess luck?)
It seems like life circumstances that would ruin most people reverse their course miraculously, things just seem to work out despite themselves, as they do seem to think the sky is falling when things happen in a way that isn't pleasant. But the issue with luck is that it's almost skeayd mentioned in the context of misfortune, which doesn't sound lucky to me, and if it were just that I wouldn't call them lucky, but it seems like good, privalged circumstances for them get even better, which I is fundamentally than our usual understanding of lucky breaks

Also thank you again

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 pm

sotonye wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Thank you Mr. E, this is what I have been suspecting. Despite the frequency in US presidents it doesn't seem to give the same kind of benefits and windfalls as I see with Sun-Jupiter people. It Is interesting though that Sun-Jupiter isn't more common for presidents, I don't fully understand it
I don't think becoming president has much to do with luck. It has more to do with ambition, wanting to be liked, and a desire for power, things that are natural to many with strong Moon-Jupiter aspects.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:47 am

List of famous examples with exact Moon-Jupiter aspects:

Kim kardashian, Zendaya, Dua Lipa, Van Gogh, Jhene Aiko, Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, Johnny Depp, Tyra banks, Mario Lopez, Cher, Will Smith, Gwen Stefani, Tyler Perry, Jules Verne, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Whitney Houston, Drake, Ariana Grande, Muhammad Ali, James Earl Jones, Kate Hudson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tim Burton