Synastry with an Aries

Q&A and discussion about Synastry, i.e., relationship analysis through the comparison of two horoscopes.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Synastry with an Aries

Post by sotonye » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am

I've never involved myself with an Aries girl before, not because I have some bias, it's just that I tend to meet Aquarius women with unusual frequency. But recently an Aries girl has crossed my path for the first time and I feel like I'm talking to myself with her. The only issue is that I can't seem to understand what our synastry is saying, she's one of the hottest girls I've ever seen and I want her badly, but I can't tell if our synastry is conducive to all of that. There doesn't seem to be much of anything besides for a wide square between my Sun and her Moon. What do you think?

Her info:

May 3rd, 1998
11am

Melbourne, Australia

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Synastry with an Aries

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:26 am

Before I wade in, I think Danica has some unique experience with this kind of question, so I yield to her.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:26 am
Before I wade in, I think Danica has some unique experience with this kind of question, so I yield to her.
Okay😌

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:09 pm

sotonye wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am
she's one of the hottest girls I've ever seen and I want her badly
Of course you do, with her Uranus, Sun, Mars and Moon to your Sun! :D
In order of orbs, these are as follows:
Su - Su 37'
Ur - Su 52'
Ma - Su 2*59'
Mo - Su 3*44'

In other words, she's firing you up, touching on the core of your vital energy (your Sun), in a way that feels all-shaking, energetically intense, stormy, explosive (etc., insert other Ma-Ur words here :) ).

I don't consider this Moon-Sun square to be wide at all! - if it was over 5*, I'd consider it wide, but would anyway take into account; also, if the signs are connected (by being both Rim, or both Hub, etc) even if no aspect, I'd take it into account. Because it's a contact (a connection portrayed) between the Lights.

This is just quick hopping in, during the lunch break :) I'll make a list of all factors later today and share my more wholesome thoughts on the relationship.

Re how does an Aries get along with another such: I think the info that both Suns are in the same constellation provides only part of the picture; it shows the same basic tone of the Solar ergie in the psyche, hence, there's a general similarity between the two. BUT: if you want to see the actual picture as it is, look at aspects of each Sun; these may show a completely different theme (and they often do), than what the signs alone can tell us!

In your case:

Your Aries Sun isn't aspected, and is involved in Direct Midpoints with: Mars and Pluto, Saturn and Uranus (am looking at these since there are no aspects; the first one [Ma-Pl] basically says the same as the fact that the Sun is in Aries); I'd formulate this along the lines of: your Identity needs are tightly connected to the Power and Authenticity needs.
(I would just take note of the other Midpoint, but not focus on it)

Her Aries Sun is sq Uranus, conj Mars, oct Venus, sq Moon: there's the Power+Authenticity motive (Aries), and it's emphasized by Mars being conjunct Sun; but there's also the gentle side of Venus and Moon, that 'tempers' these and modifies the expression, and the Sun sq Ur being only 15' wide, we note that the Freedom needs are the key factor coloring this Sun.

[edited]
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Danica wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:09 pm

In other words, she's firing you up, touching on the core of your vital energy (your Sun), in a way that feels all-shaking, energetically intense, stormy, explosive (etc., insert other Ma-Ur words here :) ).
This describes what I'm feeling perfectly. I don't think I've been so fired up in a long time, this girl is extremely exciting to me and as of right now, only a few hours after getting her number, she has sent an unusual number of dirty videos of herself unprompted. Usually I have to get a proper footing for all of this so I don't know what's happening. it's very aggressive
I don't consider this Moon-Sun square to be wide at all! - if it was over 5*, I'd consider it wide, but would anyway take into account; also, if the signs are connected (by being both Rim, or both Hub, etc) even if no aspect, I'd take it into account. Because it's a contact (a connection portrayed) between the Lights.
I'm glad to know the Moon-Sun constant isn't wide because it is a good configuration, and you'd take luminaries into account even without aspects? I didn't know we use sign based synastry here
This is just quick hopping in, during the lunch break :) I'll make a list of all factors later today and share my more wholesome thoughts on the relationship.
Okay thank you :,)
Re how does an Aries get along with another such: I think the info that both Suns are in the same constellation provides only part of the picture. In case of same constellation, it shows the same basic tone of the Solar ergie in the psyche, hence, there's a general similarity between the two. BUT: if you want to see the actual picture as it is, look at aspects of each Sun; these may show a completely different theme (and they often do), than what the signs alone can tell us!
This is a great way to look at it, I didn't really consider that our Suns are modified differently
In your case:

Your Aries Sun isn't aspected, and is involved in Direct Midpoints with: Mars and Pluto, Saturn and Uranus (am looking at these since there are no aspects; the first one [Ma-Pl] basically says the same as the fact that the Sun is in Aries); I'd formulate this along the lines of: your Identity needs are tightly connected to the Power and Authenticity needs.
Is there any reason not to focus on the other midpoint?
Her Aries Sun is sq Uranus, conj Mars, oct Venus, sq Moon: all these modify her specific Solar needs, and in this analysis we note that the presence of Venus and Moon connection to the Sun (consider them, of course, as present in combo with all else) makes her Solar nature quite different than yours.

--- so much for now, must run back to office.
She seems much more self interested than I am, and more industrious too, more hmm resourceful

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Danica wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:09 pm
I think there is a calculation error here. Sotonye has

Sun 17°04' Aries
Ma/Pl 15°33' Virgo
Sa/Ur 1°19' Aqu

The last two are in partile semi-square - they're on the same axis - but Sun isn't anywhere near them.

On a 45° wheel you can get Midheaven (0°34' Aquarius) on these, which might be what you saw, except those aren't direct midpoints.

No midpoints are direct or square Sun. Dropping to 45°, one gets Ne/Pl (53' orb).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm

I was looking at MP Trees, 90*dial, and since Sun is not on MP of any two planets, I looked at the direct MPs of planets that include the Sun. These are:
Su/Pl = Ma 00*00' (!!!)
Su/Ur = Sa 00*23'

- that's what SF gives me (v9.0.26)

Birth data:
May 2nd, 1995 08:03 AM
Hollywood, California
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Danica wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm
I was looking at MP Trees, 90*dial, and since Sun is not on MP of any two planets, I looked at the direct MPs of planets that include the Sun. These are:
Su/Pl = Ma 00*00' (!!!)
Su/Ur = Sa 00*23'
Ah, I see. I thought you were saying Su = Ma/Pl = Sa/Ur.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 am

This her cluster of Su-Ur-Ma-Mo (taking it in wider scope, as a single unit in her psyche, however complex, and having Ve in connection to Sun too, but out orb for our purposes here) is interacting with your Sun -- this is the main thing going on, I conclude, after looking at the charts in more details.

The exact aspects to be noted, aside from Sun-Ur and Sun-Sun which we already know are there, are:
her Sa sq your Ne and your Mercuries oct each other. The Me-Me speaks of good verbal communication, and her Sa to your Ne may be a potential for grounding of your ideals, if there's mutual awareness of how these planets, and the aspect, operate.

Nothing from her chart touches on your Moon; throughout time, however good-great-excellent all else may be, you may acutely feel this (this specific lack), having the Taurus Moon that has a delicate emotional-desire nature (and w. Jupiter - high quality is demanded! then higher, and more refined... and so forth, ad infinitum :) ), or may not - but in theory, at least, it's something to be aware of in the interchange. Her Mercury is relatively close to your Venus - reinforces the communication, and easy-going-ness in all matters that demand teamwork - i.e. makes it happen even for two Ari-asses :twisted:
Her Ju on your Sa is also there to note - excellent for you, she supports you where you tend to get rigidified in some kind of shadow structure, helps you relax and expand, thus grow; on the other hand, you structure, limit, etc., her expansion-needs, which may be great with mutual awareness, or exceedingly annoying for her over time.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:38 am

Generally speaking, the Taurus and the Cancer Moon go together well.
(Yes, we can look at synastry by only accounting for signs, as a general and broad preview; worth looking at, life has proven it valid
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=443)

Her Moon has, by orb: tri Pluto, sq Sun, opp Ur

Your Moon is, by orb, colored by: Jup and Ven, then Ur and Ne

(-- you share the Uranian quality there)

Also, both of you have Venus in Pisces, which speaks of being similar and understanding naturally and spontaneously each other in regards to all things sensual, things of pleasure shared, how the needs re this are expressed, etc.
sotonye wrote:
Danica wrote:In your case:

Is there any reason not to focus on the other midpoint?
It's not with Sun being between other two planets, but Sun is only included as part of it; the Ma-Pl one, on the other side, is by orb worth noting, and also speaks about the Ma-Pl-Su connection, of which Sun in Aries already tells us.
General rule for interpreting Midpoints (or at least how I've been approaching it):
the planet in-between some other two is, in this relationship (lol, this menage a trois :) - I saw a wine name earlier tonight), at a point that functions as a connector-of those two, or focal-point-of-expression-of those two, or the like; the idea is that the equation we have has on one side a planet, and on the other a pair of planets.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:49 am

:) Excellent analysis Danica! I really like how you used Midpoint analysis for this synastry question.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Danica wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:38 am
Generally speaking, the Taurus and the Cancer Moon go together well.
Here I would say a prominent natal Jupiter goes better with her Cancer Moon than my Taurus Moon at the moment, she isn't outwardly soft, vulnerable, sensitive, quiet in the way I'm used to being, she has a Jupiterian shell she likes to put up which is very high flown, very grand, aristocratic, boundlessly optimistic, more imposing. I know Cancer's are just that way prior to becoming comfortable and so I'm sure things would be good in that case

(Yes, we can look at synastry by only accounting for signs, as a general and broad preview; worth looking at, life has proven it valid
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=443)
Excellent thank you
Her Moon has, by orb: tri Pluto, sq Sun, opp Ur

(-- you share the Uranian quality there)
Wait but I don't have Uranus or Neptune aspects to my Moon, unless you mean mundanely, I think I have a mundane octile by Neptune to my Moon if I remember correctly
Also, both of you have Venus in Pisces, which speaks of being similar and understanding naturally and spontaneously each other in regards to all things sensual, things of pleasure shared, how the needs re this are expressed, etc.
Oh wow I didn't realize we had the same Venus placement, this makes sense, sensual stuff has come oddly natural, in a way that I've never experienced with another girl, and before I really had a chance to charm her or anything
General rule for interpreting Midpoints (or at least how I've been approaching it):
the planet in-between some other two is, in this relationship (lol, this menage a trois :) - I saw a wine name earlier tonight), at a point that functions as a connector-of those two, or focal-point-of-expression-of those two, or the like; the idea is that the equation we have has on one side a planet, and on the other a pair of planets.
I was looking for an explanation for midpoints this morning and I haven't found anything better than this one lol, this is a great way to understand them and it makes me extremely happy to know this. Thank you Danica

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:50 pm

sotonye wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Wait but I don't have Uranus or Neptune aspects to my Moon, unless you mean mundanely, I think I have a mundane octile by Neptune to my Moon if I remember correctly
Moon oct Ur 2*04'
Moon oct Ne 2*51'
they are wide, given it's the square-and-a-half aspect, and certainly of much much less influence (in regards to what-affects-the-Moon) than the 31' oppos. with Jupiter and 46' sextile with Venus. And the fact that this is a Taurus Moon having these exact aspects with Ve and Ju puts them even further away from being of import.
Jim's orb for octiles is 2*, I've been using 3* orb, but I think it needs revision, and the cutting-edge may likely be somewhere between 2*00' and 2*30'
Are you willing to go through the natal Interpretations for both of these (Moon-Uranus, Moon-Neptune), reflect, and give short feedback (for each) on how much, if at all, you feel it describes you? - short, meaning, not to derail this thread.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Danica wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Moon oct Ur 2*04'
Moon oct Ne 2*51'
they are wide, given it's the square-and-a-half aspect, and certainly of much much less influence (in regards to what-affects-the-Moon) than the 31' oppos. with Jupiter and 46' sextile with Venus. And the fact that this is a Taurus Moon having these exact aspects with Ve and Ju puts them even further away from being of import.
Jim's orb for octiles is 2*, I've been using 3* orb, but I think it needs revision, and the cutting-edge may likely be somewhere between 2*00' and 2*30'
Are you willing to go through the natal Interpretations for both of these (Moon-Uranus, Moon-Neptune), reflect, and give short feedback (for each) on how much, if at all, you feel it describes you? - short, meaning, not to derail this thread.
Yes okay, I just reviewed each aspect to see how well they fit.

For Moon-Uranus, the novelty seeking and free spirited nature of the aspect are not things I can really see in myself. I'm not very interested in the new, once I feel I've found the best possible thing I don't really look for something better, for example, my favorite book is Swann's Way by Marcel Proust and it's the only thing I read, and the themes of the book, which center around 20th century French aristocracy, really sparks a fire in my heart, and I think this points in a direction that's non-Uranian. I like things that are really old, stories about dukes and counts you know. And I wouldn't call myself free spirited because I do enjoy convention. I would say I'm traditional in a lot of my ideas

For Moon-Neptune, I have to say that I'm probably the least sensitive person I know, this was actually something that bothered me in high school, my emotions seemed to fluctuate less often than those of my peers. I'm definitely not easily wounded, I really enjoy when others try to wound me with words because I like seeing how deeply they feel about things, I would never avoid a situation through avoidance and I never withdraw from conflict, I've never been given to worry before unless there's some medical issue, etc etc. My brother has this in a close opposition and he does all these things, after any conflict he leaves for a week or two.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Made this girl my gf rather quickly but things are not pleasant, she never speaks to understand she speaks to be contrary and it's hard to keep things amicable this way. I've had to sit her down twice to discuss this, all to no avail. What's been especially bad is that at times she has an idea of how I feel about something, something challenging, like an ex for example, and she will insist that I feel a way that I don't instead of just asking, and when her judgement should be properly informed by my input, her assumption remains somehow unchanged. But anyway she's not my only girl atm, I don't know why I like having 6 or 7 or 8 gfs, maybe as a kind of redundancy for when one fails, but it helps and I can't help it (Moon-Venus? Idk). Before someone says, "Well, you can't have that! How horrible of you!" It's important for me to note that every girl in my little gang is okay with the way I have things

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:14 pm

This girl is extremely boring and it's actually become a problem I've had to address with her, that when things don't involve sex or arguments there's nothing interesting between us, that she bores me, and she tried to do better for about a day and things just went back to how they were before, as if vapidity is her basal state. She has Saturn angular and from my experience Saturn people tend not to be the most stimulating, and I think the ringed planet is fully at work here. It feels exactly the same as other interactions with Saturn women that I have had, they were all short lived and I told them all the same thing, that I'm bored. There are virtues to every planet, whether Malefic or otherwise, but not every virtue has anything to do with involvement with others. I mean this is all making me think that Saturn imbues individuals with a kind of resilience that's beyond me, a real fortitude for life's reversals, as well as a whole lot of diligence put toward pursuits, but when it comes to 1 v 1 relating they seem to fall short. They aren't for the entertainment of others I don't think, they're more like a lever that drives the world