February 2021 events

Analyses of distinct mundane events, using the methods of Sidereal mundane astrology
SteveS
Nabu
February 2021 events

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:08 am

Over the weekend, most Silver Coin dealers in the World have suspended sales of coins awaiting to see the outcome of these new players (Reddit) in the financial world.

https://www.barchart.com/story/news/104 ... e-movement

Lets see if this Reddit Play turns into an event like Game Stop? If so, its going to be really interesting what the DC regulators do to stop this power by Reddit in order to protect the financial elites. JP Morgan holds a huge Short Position in Silver with the biggest hoard of physical Silver in the World, 700,000 ounces. If JP Morgan is forced to start buying their Short Positions because of the Reddit buying of Silver, look for price explosions in Silver similar to the price explosion in Game Stop caused by Reddit buying. Overnight trading of Silver hit 30 $ an ounce, testing an 8 year high. Technically speaking, normally the Silver Market would be making a major top with high %. If Silver closes above 30 $ on the weekly chart this Fri, next major resistance level is 50 $, the all time high made in 1980 when the Hunt Brothers Short Squeezed the elites on the Chicago Board of trade. Can Reddit do the same to JP Morgan? Time will tell.

SteveS
Nabu
Re: February 2021 events

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:21 am

When it comes to financial news, the only news I truly believe is the price of the financial instrument. And Silver prices are failing miserably with its rare test of an eight year high at 30 $ yesterday, so far, proving the traders at Reddit don't have the buying power to short squeeze the Big Banks with their massive short positions in Silver. It has amaze me when t. Mercury came to a Station of NYSE Pluto partile 90 NYSE Mercury late last week, the Reddit traders (Public) dominated the financial news with soaring prices in Game Stop and Silver, with prices now starting to drop sharply. Lets see if this Reddit news becomes a flash- financial news event, but, it will probably still become one of the top financial news event of 2021.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:52 am

Steve, the U.S. is in a Neptune-Jupiter-Mars Bridge zone right now: With the GameStop shenanigans, I'd forgotten that January 20 the world began transiting Neptune square CanQ Moon. Then Jupiter conjunct Capsolar Descendant began February 2 (through 2/19), putting us in a wild speculative Neptune-Jupiter zone. Finally, Mars dips in and out of the relationship, currently square Capsolar Asc until February 4 and then squaring either Capsolar or CapQ Moon through 2/8-2/13.

From a finance point of view, Neptune-Jupiter-Mars sounds to me like a wild ride with some foolish, reckless, and also bold and enthusiastic mass investment decisions. It was hard to put this together into a forecast though, in hindsight, this feels like the current market behavior (one of the options caught in the forecast). FWIW, here is what I ended up predicting for these three, trying to catch the vibe. (I had COVID mostly in mind, but I think it fits the market, too - and probably the impeachment trial.)
These planets portray great restlessness, stormy weather (meteorologically and psychologically), and poor judgment. Neptune shows unrealistic, disproportionate reactions; Jupiter conveys the feeling that life-conditions are improving; and Mars brings harm and widespread risk to well-being, as we enter another phase of hasty, premature confidence and unreasoned optimism that circumstances are safe. Excess causes new problems. Genuine threat is immoderately ignored. Ideological evangelism runs strong, court or other legal issues stir raging emotions, people leverage collective action for causes of social idealism, and market speculation runs a little wild.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:07 am

Jim wrote:
Steve, the U.S. is in a Neptune-Jupiter-Mars Bridge zone right now: With the GameStop shenanigans, I'd forgotten that January 20 the world began transiting Neptune square CanQ Moon. Then Jupiter conjunct Capsolar Descendant began February 2 (through 2/19), putting us in a wild speculative Neptune-Jupiter zone. Finally, Mars dips in and out of the relationship, currently square Capsolar Asc until February 4 and then squaring either Capsolar or CapQ Moon through 2/8-2/13.
:shock: Par-excellent symbolism for what is happening in the markets.

Jim wrote:
From a finance point of view, Neptune-Jupiter-Mars sounds to me like a wild ride with some foolish, reckless,
I agree 100%! Mars-Neptune combos with Jupiter in the financial world has always had a signature of “reckless” aggressive buying. I understand where you are coming from with your earlier predictions

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
FBI agents killed serving a warrant

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:53 am

February 2, 2020, "just after 6:00 AM," Sunrise, FL

FBI agents encountered gunfire while serving a warrant near Fort Lauderdale (on an investigation concerning violent crimes against children). Two agents died; three others were injured. The man they were investigating barricaded himself in his apartment and later was found dead (no explanation yet).

Comparisons are being drawn to a 1986 Miami incident in which two FBI agents were killed and five wounded. Such FBI casualties are rare, so this is probably a significant event.

Using a working time of 6:10 am we get an interesting stream of planets across the angles:

Saturn on Asc -6°44'
Venus on Asc -3°25'
Sun sq. MC -1°07'
Mars on IC -0°17'
----------------------------- 6:10 AM
Pluto on Asc +1°04'

Jupiter sq. MC +2°19'

Year: Capsolar {+2}
(A pretty amazing centering of the right planets on exactly that spot - though Jupiter remains a little perplexing.)
Sun on WP 0°42'
Pluto on WP 0°52'
Jupiter on Dsc 0°54'
Mars sq. Asc +1°14'
Uranus sq. Asc -1°41' stationary
Saturn on Dsc 1°58'
Mercury more widely foreground
-- Z = Ma/Ur 0°13'
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 0°10' in RA
-- Ju/Sa on Dsc 0°32'
-- -- Jupiter-Saturn conj. 2°47'
-- Mars-Saturn sq. 0°34'
-- Jupiter-Uranus sq. 0°42'
-- Mercury-Uranus sq. 1°30' mundo
-- Mercury-Mars sq. 1°51' mundo
-- Mars-Jupiter sq. 2°13'
-- Mars-Uranus conj. 2°55'

Bridge {+3}
t Pluto op. Capsolar EP All Year
t Neptune sq. CanQ Moon 1/20-3/16
t Saturn op. Capsolar Asc 1/14-2/15
t Uranus sq. Capsolar Asc 1/14-2/10
Event window: Jan 20 to Feb 10

Month: Caplunar (Silent.) Moon-Sun Moon-Pluto.

Week: Canlunar {+1}
(Maybe a +2 but I'll be conservative: That Sun-Jupiter is mighty strong. The main message, though, is Mercury and Mars closely angular and the tight Moon-Venus-Pluto.)
Mercury sq. Asc 1°15'
Mars sq. MC 1°56'
Sun & Jupiter more widely foreground
-- Sun-Jupiter conj. 1°02'
-- Mars-Jupiter sq. 1°15'
-- Sun-Mars sq. 2°17'
-- Mars conj. non-angular Uranus 1°38' mundo
-- Sun sq. non-angular Uranus 1°13', conj. non-foreground Saturn 3°15'
-- Jupiter sq. non-angular Uranus 2°15'
Moon-Pluto 0°03'
Moon-Venus op. 1°06'

Interesting observation: Moon-Venus-Pluto aligns exactly with the Northpoint-Southpoint axis.

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits {+3}
(Sun keeps showing up here as "the authorities," i.e., Federal cops. This daily timing is remarkable!)
p EP op. t Sun 0°21'
-- t Sun-Mars sq. 0°30'
--------------------------------
t Pluto op. s EP 0°13'
-- t Pluto conj. s Sun 0°14'
t Uranus sq. s Asc 1°50'
t Saturn op. s Asc 0°24'
t Venus sq. s MC 1°22'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian & Transits {+1}
(Ingress Mars isn't close enough to count. It is primarily a lunar event, i.e., "about children," but ultimately can be ignored after the solid CapQ.)
t Neptune sq. p Moon 0°56'
p Asc conj. t Moon 0°07'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Mill Creek Canyon Utah avalanche

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:48 pm

February 6, 2021
Police received a "faint" distress call about 11:40 AM MST from the Mill Creek Canyon in the Wilson Glade area of Wilson Fork. Four people died, four survived. All 8 had avalanche beacons.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Himalayan Glacier breaks, flash flood in India

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:46 pm

February 7, 2021, 10:45 a.m. local time
Part of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in an ecologically fragile area of Uttarakhand, an Indian state bordering Nepal and China, in the Himalayan mountains.

At least 140 missing, 9 bodies recovered so far.

That's two mountain disasters in two days.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Impeachment trial

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:04 am

Donald Trump's trial for his second impeachment convenes today, February 9, 2021, at 1:00 PM in the Capitol Building, Washington, DC.

Based on common sense, I'm assuming he'll get off scot-free except for the historic record of his double impeachment. However, the trial convenes under a partile Moon-Pluto conjunction that symbolically says otherwise, so we shall have to wait and see.

Today's new Caplunar is baffling. It looks like there is an insane, memorable party in Washington. I can think of all kinds of reasons this would be so EXCEPT those reasons could justify either outcome (depending on who is partying harder).

For the time the trial convenes, nothing is on the CapQ angles but words and accusations are certainly getting ready to fly: Transiting Mars is moving in on a square to CapQ Moon (1°07' applying at the time the trial starts), square transiting Mercury which is already conjunct the Moon (0°12'). These are worldwide aspects, but probably suggest that the tone today is mostly words, with more incisive argument coming soon.

Transiting Jupiter almost exactly conjoins Capsolar Descendant (0°17' applying). This is appropriate for judicial matters regardless of the details, and usually for a call for justice; but while it says "there is a big win coming!" I can't tell from it who wins.

With nothing on CapQ angles, the usual approach is to rely on the CanQ (and even the lesser solar ingresses. Here we see something quite clear - it easily shows the impeachment trial itself. Were Trump still in office, I'd take it as an easy sign of his removal, but that's not quite an option any more. It may only be showing what's going on in the moment. At 1 PM today, here is the CanQ:

28°30' Pis - t Eris
28°40' Sag - s Pluto
29°03' Gem - CanQ MC
29°32' Pis - s Eris
0°00' Can - s Sun [p Sun 0°33' Can]
0°27' Cap - t Pluto
0°47' Cap - t Moon

That Mercury-Mars square in space zeroes in on the angles of DC's Arisolar, Mars getting close over the next couple of days:

22°16' Ari - t Mars
23°35' Cap - t Mercury
23°40' Ari - Arisolar MC

Similarly, that intense Libsolar from last October is still get concentrated transits, though one of them is kindly and forgiving (or maybe simply shows a trial):

11°16' Cap - t Saturn
12°00' Ari - t Uranus
13°04' Ari - Libsolar Asc

27°09' Sag - Libsolar MC
28°30' Pis - t Eris

16°20' Lib - s Moon
17°06' Cap - t Jupiter
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

130 vehicle crash Ft Worth, TX

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:46 pm

February 11, 2021, 6:30 AM local time, Fort Worth TX
Freezing rain and sleet fell overnight and into the morning.
At least one hundred thirty cars and semi-trucks crashed into each other on 1-35 W in Fort Worth, TX. At least 65 people were hurt, 36 hospitalized and six so far are known dead. Many people are trapped in their cars smashed under trucks.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 130 vehicle crash Ft Worth, TX

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:46 pm
February 11, 2021, 6:30 AM local time, Fort Worth TX
Freezing rain and sleet fell overnight and into the morning.
At least one hundred thirty cars and semi-trucks crashed into each other on 1-35 W in Fort Worth, TX. At least 65 people were hurt, 36 hospitalized and six so far are known dead. Many people are trapped in their cars smashed under trucks.
Yowsa! That's a nasty pile-up. It happened just as Saturn was rising (squared by Uranus).

The area was vulnerable for the YEAR with Sun-Pluto on Capsolar Dsc. The most obvious transit to the Capsolar wasn't limited to Fort Worth - it was Mars transiting square Capsolar Moon - and Eris was square Capsolar Asc 19', but it's probably in orb all year.

Here it is: Given the silent CapQ, the Cansolar Quotidian got to shine with Pluto and Eris:

28°31' Pis - t Eris
28°40' Sag - s Pluto
29°00' Gem - CanQ MC
29°32' Pis - s Eris
0°00' Can - s Sun
0°31' Cap - t Pluto

Also, for slipping and sliding, t Neptune sq. CanQ Moon 0°59'.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
7.1 earthquake near Japan

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:28 am

February 13, 2021, 14:07:50 UT, near Namie, Japan at 37N45'13'', 141E43'21''

I don't know yet whether there is any significant human impact from this, but some press is already being given to the 7.1 quake (originally reported as 7.3) off the coast of Japan. It is near Namie, which is in the Fukushima region.

At the time and place the quake struck, Uranus was 1°30' past Dsc, Venus 0°19' before IC, Mercury 1°45' past IC, and Jupiter 1°53' past IC. I'm hoping to hear that the Mercury-Jupiter-Uranus paran on the angles reflects that, luckily, it wasn't close enough to a population area to cause much (if any) harm.

UPDATE: There was some damage: Power was out across much of the Fukushima region. A tsunami may be coming, given the 7+ magnitude, but probably not. Buildings shook as far away as Tokyo, though I haven't yet heard of outright damage or casualties.

Year/Quarter: Capsolar {0}
Moon on Asc 1°35'
Mercury very widely foreground

Bridge {+3}
t Uranus sq. Cansolar MC 10/19-4/4
t Neptune sq. CanQ Moon 1/20-3/17
t Saturn op. Cansolar MC 1/31-3/7
t Mars sq. Capsolar or CapQ Moon 2/8-2/13
Event window: Feb 8-13

Month/Week: Caplunar {+3}
Neptune on IC 0°52'
-- Moon-Neptune sq. 0°00' PVP
-- Neptune-Pluto sq. 2°15' PVP [Pluto's a little too far off Vx]
Moon-Pluto conj. 0°27'

Day: Capsolar Quotidian {+1}
(I'll take it that Venus shows "no harm" unless I hear otherwise)
p MC conj. p Venus 0°01'
t Mars sq. p Moon 0°53'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian & Transits {+2}
-----------------------------------
t Uranus sq. s MC 0°05'
t Saturn op. s MC 0°27'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Trump acquitted.

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:55 pm

February 13, 2021, at 3:51 PM, he was acquited 57 guilty to 43 not-guilty. It would have taken 2/3rds of the sitting senators would have to guilty. The Senate trial is adjourned as of 3:53 PM.
48 democrats, 7 republicans and 2 independents.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Trump acquitted.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:55 pm
February 13, 2021, at 3:51 PM, he was acquited 57 guilty to 43 not-guilty. It would have taken 2/3rds of the sitting senators would have to guilty. The Senate trial is adjourned as of 3:53 PM.
48 democrats, 7 republicans and 2 independents.
This, of course, was no surprise. I'm not sure what to make of the chart for the moment, which had Saturn setting within 3° as the closest angular planet. The half-degree Moon-Neptune mundane conjunction and partile Mercury-Venus mundane conjunction are more obvious.

The outcome was so expected that the universe didn't see fit to mark it as a significant event: The CapQ has nothing angular. At most, with transiting Mars 01' out of partile orb to square CapQ Moon it showed that the fight was over. Similarly, transiting Jupiter was 0°31' from Capsolar Descendant for the acquittal.

As a lesser event, though, the CanQ picked up the slack. CanQ MC opposed ingress Saturn 0°55' (with transiting Eris 0°37' from its Descendant FWIW). Transiting Neptune is square CanQ Moon worldwide.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Schumer delivered a scathing rebuttal to the Defense's last arguments claiming they never got the evidence (they did) they got the evidence with hours to spare (not true) and some of the evidence was faked (it wasn't). No surprise what Schumer said.

But then Mitch McConnell delivered a scathing indictment of Trump, but said he couldn't vote to convict because the trial wasn't till Trump was out of office. McConnell blocked the trial from starting!

Nancy Pelosi is speaking right now and is furious! and denouncing McConnell for claiming he couldn't convict because the trail was too late (because he blocked it!) and detailing McConnell's outrageous claims and saying she saw a cowardly group of Republicans today.

So Saturn yeah, but Moon-Neptune for sure.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:13 pm
But then Mitch McConnell delivered a scathing indictment of Trump...
Everybody, please be safe ducking the flying pigs.

And 7 Republicans voting to convict is much better than I ever expected.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Mars Rover landing.

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:00 pm

3:56 PM Eastern, February 18, 2021. Perseverance, the new Mars Rover, has landed.

It has a helicopter!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 pm

There's a sweet partile heliocentric Earth-Mars sextile.

From the solar system point of view, it seems Earth and Mars are in harmony :lol:
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
United Airlines Flight 328

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:31 am

February 20, 2020, about 1:09 PM MST, Denver International Airport, Denver, CO (39N51'42", 104W40'23")
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Ai ... Flight_328

Saturday, United Flight 328, which had just taken off for Honolulu, had to return to Denver due to mechanical problems. It barely made it back to the Denver airport, shedding engine debris (yes the right engine was literally falling apart after a booming explosion) across Broomfield, CO before safely landing with no injuries. (Some of the engine parts fall through roofs of homes.) The debris field was at least a mile wide.

Boeing, in response, has advised suspending all use of 777s with the same engine as Flight 328. Federal agencies are investigating exactly what went wrong, but first impressions show fractures in the engine.

The Denver airport is at 39N51'42", 104W40'23" which seems the best spot for the charts. On identifying the time of the incident: Flightaware.com says it took off at 12:49 PM, 34 minutes late, and landed again at Denver 1:29 PM (the midpoint of its departure and return, therefore, being 1:09). Washington Post cites police reports that debris had fallen "in several neighborhoods" about 1:10 PM. I guess I'll go with 1:09 as a best estimate of the explosion. Neptune was near MC.

Year: Capsolar {+2}
Pluto on Dsc 2°47'
Sun & Eris more widely angular
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 0°23'
-- Pluto-Eris sq. 1°12'
-- Sun-Eris sq. 1°35'
Moon-Mars sq. 2°15' mundo

Bridge (None)

Month: Caplunar (Dormant.) Moon-Pluto Moon-Eris.

Week: Arilunar {+2}
Mars on Asc 0°43'
Venus on Z 1°15'
Eris on Asc 2°21'
Moon, Uranus & Pluto more widely foreground
-- Uranus-Pluto sq. 0°28' mundo
-- Moon-Pluto sq. 0°40'
-- Moon-Eris conj. 1°27'
-- Venus-Mars sq. 2°14'
-- Pluto-Eris sq. 2°07'
-- Uranus-Eris conj. 2°54' mundo
-- Moon-Uranus conj. 2°56' mundo
-- Mars-Eris conj. 3°04' mundo
-- Uranus sq. non-foreground Saturn 0°06'

Day: Capsolar Quotidian {+2}
p EP-a op. t Saturn 0°34' [sq. Uranus 0°16']
p EP-l op. t Mercury 0°56', s Mercury 1°29'
-- t Mercury conj. p Mercury 0°33'
p Asc op. p Moon 1°05'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian & Transits {+1}
(I'll give it a point for showing a Mercury event, though everything is pretty weak)
p EP-a op. s Mars 2°05' [a little wide - noting it for interest nonetheless]
p MC conj. p Mercury 1°53' (s Mercury 2°03')
----------------------------
t Sun conj. s EP-a 1°12'

With a vivid CapQ, there is no reason to check the lesser solar ingresses. Nonetheless, with nothing in the Bridge, I'm curious about whether they had features that would have led us to this date and place. Quick enough to check... It turns out the AriQ is quite juicy, including a Bridge-like Moon-Saturn progression. (The LibQ probably is showing the good fortune that nobody in the plane or on the ground was hurt, but it's a weak showing.)

Day: Arisolar Quotidian {+2}
p Moon-Saturn conj. 0°40'
p Asc conj. t Saturn 1°28', sq. t Uranus 1°12'
-- t Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°16'
p EP-a conj. t Venus 1°54' [sq. t Mars 0°36']

Day: Libsolar Quotidian & Transits {+1}
p Asc op. t Jupiter 1°45'
-------------------------------
t Mercury sq. s Moon 0°20'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Another big boom in Texas

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Feb 23, 2021
Milam County Sheriff Chris White said a BNSF train collided with a flatbed tractor-trailer at about 6:40 a.m. at a marked crossing along Farm-to-Market Road 2095 southeast of Cameron Texas. Like they needed anything else.
The train was carrying gasoline and coal, and there was a massive explosion, with flames continuing into early this afternoon.
Nobody killed.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Another big boom in Texas

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Feb 23, 2021
Milam County Sheriff Chris White said a BNSF train collided with a flatbed tractor-trailer at about 6:40 a.m. at a marked crossing along Farm-to-Market Road 2095 southeast of Cameron Texas. Like they needed anything else.
The train was carrying gasoline and coal, and there was a massive explosion, with flames continuing into early this afternoon.
Nobody killed.
How did they get that lucky? (Oh, I just answered my own question: Jupiter just past Asc, Venus about a degree before rising.) - Let me dig into this. We already know the main solar and lunar ingress will be smack on target, but the Arilunar for that exact place really blows it all away!

And then the CapQ leaves now doubt that one should not strike a match at that exact spot, at that exact time. These charts are really good!

Year/Quarter: Capsolar {+2}
We've already learned this week that Texas is one of those spots on Earth where the partile Sun-Pluto conjunction is on an angle. The year remains young...
Pluto on Dsc 1°31'
Sun on Dsc 2°27'
Eris on Z 0°49'
Venus widely angular
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 0°23'
-- Pluto-Eris sq. 1°12'
-- Sun-Eris sq. 1°35'
Moon-Uranus sq. 2°15' mundo

Bridge {0}
t Neptune sq. CanQ Moon

Month: Caplunar (Silent.) Moon-Pluto Moon-Eris.

Week: Arilunar {+3}
Mars on Asc +1°33'
Saturn on MC -2°19'
Uranus on EP-l 1°31'
Mercury, Venus, & Eris barely foreground
-- Uranus-Eris conj. 0°00' mundo
-- Moon-Mars sq. 0°11' PVP
-- Uranus sq. non-foreground Saturn 0°06'
-- Mercury conj. non-foreground Jupiter 1°37'
-- Eris sq. non-foreground Pluto 2°07'
Moon-Pluto sq. 0°40'
Moon-Eris conj. 1°27'

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits {+2}
p Asc sq. t Mars 0°30', op. t Venus 1°55'
---------------------------------------------------
t Eris sq. s Asc 1°00'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian {0}
p MC conj. t Moon 1°00'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

M'sian Federal Court strikes down 'Unnatural Sex' state law

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 am

Today, 25th February, the Federal Court of Malaysia declared a Selangor state Shariah law that criminalises gay sex to be unconstitutional.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia ... at/1952701
https://www.reuters.com/article/malaysi ... SL8N2KV0PD

I couldn't find an exact time of the court ruling, but the earliest tweet announcing the decision was made at 9.27am. I contacted a lawyer involved in this case and asked him. He said he doesn't know the exact time, "but I think 9.27am or thereabouts is an accurate depiction of the time."
Selangor's capital is Shah Alam. The Federal Court is in Putrajaya. Both of these places aren't on Solar Fire, but they're both close enough to Kuala Lumpur, the capital.

Shariah laws are made by state legislatures in Malaysia, and the particular Selangor state Shariah law that criminalises "unnatural sex" was found unconstitutional by the Federal Court, as the colonial-era Section 377 (the same law that banned gay sex in India before it was struck down, and still bans gay sex in some other Commonwealth countries like Singapore) is already a Federal law that criminalises "unnatural sex". According to the Malaysian constitution, a state legislature can't make laws covered by federal law. The court also ruled that such criminal offences would fall under the national Parliament's powers, not state legislatures. (If I understood this correctly.)

I am not sure would this decision cover and nullify other state Shariah laws criminalising "unnatural sex", or would it at least serve as a valuable precedent. But Selangor is my state and I am very happy for this ruling. The religious police would generally go undercover to pry into hotel rooms and eavesdrop into conversations to find Muslims who are having/planning to have gay sex, so it's a victory for my fellow LGBT Muslims (Shariah laws don't apply to non-Muslims, at least not usually). Section 377, however is a federal law and applies to all Malaysians with a heavier punishment (up to 20 years in jail), but isn't often enforced against gay sex, and was only famously used as such against a Malaysian politician for political gain.

This is also possibly one of the first (if not the first) victories for LGBT rights in this country! It fills me with lots of hope. 🏳‍🌈

Some background to the case:
In November 2018, a group of men were caught having group sex. They were tried under the Selangor Shariah High Court and in 2019, five of them pleaded guilty and were sentenced to 6-7 months in prison. Two of the other men, however, decided to challenge the law, and it lead to this landmark decision. 🌈 I even donated 50 Ringgit for this case. (Only around 12 USD, but quite an amount in my country.) I'm glad it didn't go to vain.

Astrologically, I see that there was nothing angular at 9.27am, but Moon in Cancer was in a close T-square with Saturn and Uranus. I suppose it reflects the freedom of LGBT Muslims in my state while also reminding that there's a federal law criminalising gay sex still.
The Caplunar for Kuala Lumpur has Venus, Saturn and Uranus angular. I don't see much outcry from conservatives and homophobes, but I assume Venus with Saturn and Uranus angular describes both those who find this as wonderful news and a time for celebration (Venus-Uranus) and otherwise (Venus-Saturn).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: M'sian Federal Court strikes down 'Unnatural Sex' state law

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:51 am

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 am
Shariah laws are made by state legislatures in Malaysia, and the particular Selangor state Shariah law that criminalises "unnatural sex" was found unconstitutional by the Federal Court, as the colonial-era Section 377 (the same law that banned gay sex in India before it was struck down, and still bans gay sex in some other Commonwealth countries like Singapore) is already a Federal law that criminalises "unnatural sex". According to the Malaysian constitution, a state legislature can't make laws covered by federal law. The court also ruled that such criminal offences would fall under the national Parliament's powers, not state legislatures. (If I understood this correctly.)
I'm not sure what the practical outcome of this is. I started to feel excited for you until I read this paragraph. It seems you are saying that with the local law overturned, there is still a Federal law criminalizing gay sex. Is that the status or am I misunderstanding?

I'll look into it more astrologically as I have time this morning.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:55 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:51 am
It seems you are saying that with the local law overturned, there is still a Federal law criminalizing gay sex. Is that the status or am I misunderstanding?
Yes, that is the status. It is unfortunate that there's still a Federal law criminalising gay sex, but it's not enforced often. LGBT Muslims are the ones usually affected by the criminalisation of gay sex, but it's through state Shariah laws.

I still consider this a victory as it's an important first step in the fight for LGBT rights in my country.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 am

I hadn't realized (until I started reading just now) that the Federal government of Malaysia was moved from Kuala Lumpur in 1999. (Do I have this correct?) I've been using Kuala Lumpur as the capital all along. If I'm understanding correctly, the Federal Territory of Putrajaya is like our District of Columbia - a federal jurisdiction outside of any state that includes the city of Washington. Putrajaya's area is about a third the size of D.C.

I have Putrajaya coordinates of 2N55'48", 101E04'24" (obviously some central spot such as the geographic center). Should we be using this for the Malaysian capital? Or stay with Kuala Lumpur because it's the seat of the king and Parliament? - So far, the closest entry I've found is Kajang 2N59, 101E47 (there's no entry for Prang Besar, the old name of the city).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 am

February 25, 2021, 9:27 AM AWST, Putrajaya, Malaysia (2N55'48", 101E04'24")
The Caplunar is stunning - extremely similar to gay rights victory charts in the U.S., except with the Saturn theme (as you mentioned). Practically like a wedding chart except where somebody accidentally turned over the food table. -- Look at the aspects more than the angular planets, though: It's all about happiness in love and lots of boisterous sex - mostly Venus-Mars-Jupiter! (I take Saturn-Uranus in part as "wanting to come out" - it often shows as "want to be free, have to stay inside." But, of course, it's also "break down the law.")

Year: Capsolar {+1}
Sun on Asc 0°44'
Pluto on Asc 0°50'
Mars on IC 2°22'
Eris on IC 2°54'
Saturn & Uranus more widely foreground
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 0°05' mundo
-- Mars-Saturn sq. 0°34'
-- Pluto-Eris sq. 1°12'
-- Sun-Eris sq. 1°35'
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 2°04' mundo
-- Mars-Uranus sq. 2°55'
-- Ma/Er on IC 0°16'

Bridge {+1}
t Pluto conj. Capsolar Asc 0°11'
t Neptune sq. CanQ Moon 0°57'

Month: Caplunar {+3}
Uranus sq. MC 0°02'
Saturn on IC 0°39'
Venus sq. Asc 0°56'
Jupiter sq. Asc 1°02'
Mars more widely foreground
-- Mars-Jupiter sq. 0°42' mundo
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°43'
-- Venus-Jupiter conj. 1°51' mundo
-- Venus-Mars sq. 2°33' mundo
-- Venus-Saturn conj. 3°51'
Moon-Pluto conj. 0°27'
Moon-Eris sq. 1°30'

Week: Canlunar {+1?}
Uranus on Asc 0°10'
Saturn sq. Asc 0°10'
Moon, Mercury, Pluto, & Eris more widely foreground
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°31'
-- Moon-Pluto op. 0°35' mundo
-- Moon-Eris sq. 1°16' mundo
-- Pluto-Eris sq. 1°51' mundo
-- Mercury-Saturn conj. 3°07'
-- Sa/Pl on MC 0°23'
-- Mo/Sa on meridian 0°41'
-- Mo/Me on meridian 0°53'

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits {+2}
p Asc conj. t Sun 0°38'
---------------------------
t Pluto conj. s Asc 0°11'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian {+1?}
t Neptune sq. p Moon 0°57'
p MC conj. t Saturn 1°11', sq. t Uranus 0°36', op. t Moon 0°23'
-- t Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°35' + t Moon
p Asc sq. t Mercury 0°39'
p EP conj. s Uranus 1°10'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:21 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 am
I hadn't realized (until I started reading just now) that the Federal government of Malaysia was moved from Kuala Lumpur in 1999. (Do I have this correct?)
Mostly. The Prime Minister's office and a lot of other federal offices (like the Federal Court) have moved to Putrajaya. Putrajaya is said to be the "administrative capital" of Malaysia while Kuala Lumpur is still the official national capital according to the constitution. The Parliament and the National Palace (the King's seat) are still in Kuala Lumpur. Foreign embassies are also still in Kuala Lumpur.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
If I'm understanding correctly, the Federal Territory of Putrajaya is like our District of Columbia - a federal jurisdiction outside of any state that includes the city of Washington.
Yup, except that Kuala Lumpur is also a federal territory. It used to be a part of Selangor state. We have three federal territories that have the same flag and anthem (though each territory has its own flag too) but they have their own city councils and corporations.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Should we be using this for the Malaysian capital? Or stay with Kuala Lumpur because it's the seat of the king and Parliament?
I am not too sure myself. I generally use Kuala Lumpur, though. Putrajaya is not too far off from Kuala Lumpur either.

FWIW, IIRC, the 2018 Capsolar had a Uranus Asc line cutting exactly through Putrajaya or closeby, and quite closely through the Prime Minister's office. We had an election that year and Najib lost the office.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 am

Thank you so much for the full mundane work-up, Jim. 💖 The Caplunar is indeed stunning!
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 am
Practically like a wedding chart except where somebody accidentally turned over the food table.
Right 😂
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Look at the aspects more than the angular planets, though: It's all about happiness in love and lots of boisterous sex - mostly Venus-Mars-Jupiter!
How did I not notice Jupiter? I guess it's because my first thought upon calculating the Caplunar was to see where Venus was, that I forgot nearby Jupiter. :lol:
Jim Eshelman wrote:
(I take Saturn-Uranus in part as "wanting to come out" - it often shows as "want to be free, have to stay inside." But, of course, it's also "break down the law.")
I would 100% agree.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

US airstrike against Iranian militia in Syria because of incident in Iraq

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:07 am

US airstrike against Iranian militia in Syria because of incident in Iraq February 25, 2021 at about 6 p.m. Eastern Time (not Iraqi time) in response to attacks by Iranian militia against US contractors and military in Iraq. Trying to find a location is hard. It was at the al-Qaim border crossing between Iraq and Syria, almost certainly along the Euphrates.
There are varying reports of how many were killed, from 16 to 22. The actual attack was against trucks at the border.

It was Biden's first military response.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: US airstrike against Iranian militia in Syria because of incident in Iraq

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:07 am
Trying to find a location is hard. It was at the al-Qaim border crossing between Iraq and Syria, almost certainly along the Euphrates.
Al-Qaim, Iraq is 34N21, 41E07, on BAT (UT + 3hr)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:34 am

The time of the strike was given in ET (DC, specifically)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:32 am

I think this military incident happened as t Mercury (News) was partile conjunct DC's Capsolar DSC calculating a t Mercury Paran to DC's Capsolar Mars (Military).

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:00 pm

I have just seen the news that Etna erupted on Feb 16th.

“Mount Etna, the volcano that towers over eastern Sicily, evokes superlatives. It is Europe’s most active volcano and also the continent’s largest.

And the fiery, noisy show of power it puts on for days or weeks, even years every so often, is always super spectacular. Fortunately, Etna’s latest eruption captivating the world’s attention has caused neither injuries nor evacuation.

But each time it roars back into dramatic action, it wows onlookers and awes geologists who spend their careers monitoring its every quiver, rumble and belch.

On Feb. 16, Etna erupted, sending up high fountains of lava, which rolled down the mountain’s eastern slope toward the uninhabited Bove Valley, which is five kilometers (three miles) wide and eight kilometers (five miles) long. The volcano has belched out ash and lava stones that showered the southern side.

The activity has been continuing since, in bursts more or less intense. The flaming lava lights up the night sky in shocking hues of orange and red. There’s no telling how long this round of exciting activity will last, say volcanologists who work at the Etna Observatory run by the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology.

While public fascination began with the first dramatic images this month, the explosive activity began in September 2019, becoming much stronger two months ago. The current activity principally involves the south-east crater, which was created in 1971 from a series of fractures. | via Associated Press”
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/