2024 Presidential Candidates

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
2024 Presidential Candidates

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:17 am

We had a thread like this in past years and it proved interesting over time.

This thread is to discuss the question: Who will be the major party presidential candidates in 3024 and what are their chances?

At this point, it seem evident that Biden will be unopposed for the Democratic nomination, but that can change between now and then.

What I have found statistically - with almost no exceptions in the entire history of the country - is that each incoming president has a luminary in the same sign or opposite sign as one of his two immediate predecessors. In other words, since Biden's luminaries are Scorpio-Aries and Trump's are Taurus-Scorpio, Biden's successor - whoever and whenever that will be - will have at least one luminary in Taurus-Scorpio or Libra-Aries.

What's really interesting is that this immediately rules out the two high-profile Republican candidates that are receiving heavy attention right now.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 2024 Presidential Candidates

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:28 am

On the Democrat side, I personally don't think we need to dwell on this much. Biden is likely to get the nomination if he ask for it (though this could change). If by chance he doesn't, then Harris shares his Aries Moon (but her popularity is pretty low) and there are quite a few Scorpio luminaries in the wings.

Among the Republicans, it gets much more interesting. DeSantis is a Leo-Gemini - he won't make the cut. Haley is a Capricorn with either an Aquarius or Pisces Moon - she won't make the cut. If either of them gets the nomination, they will lose the election.

Of course, the two most obvious astrologically "qualifying" people are Trump an Pence. Trump has Taurus-Scorpio luminaries like, er, former president Trump, and Pence also has a Taurus Sun. If either of them gets the nomination, there is an astrologically viable contest in place.

Nobody is looking all that good for the nomination right now except maybe DeSantis (who will lose).

Other names on either side in that happen to be in my celebrity chart file. The following isn't to predict an outcome other than to simply filter them in or out based on the luminary rule.

Andrew Cuomo - Scorpio-Taurus - IN (but way too much baggage, surely)
Beto O'Rourke - Virgo-Taurus - IN
Bernie Sanders - Leo-Pisces - OUT
Chris Christie - Leo-Scorpio - IN
Cuck Schumer - Scorpio-Aries like Biden - IN (but surely not running)
Cory Booker - Aries-Leo - IN
Elizabeth Warren - Gemini-Aries - IN (but I think she'll be an outsider gadfly)
Gavin Newsom - Virgo-Sagittarius - OUT
Karen Bass - Virgo-Leo - OUT
Larry Hogan - Taurus-Scorpio - IN
Liz Cheney - Cancer-Sagittarius - OUT
Marco Rubio - Taurus-Gemini - IN (technically: but, really?)
Mitch McConnell - Aquarius-Aries - IN (but surely he's not running)
Mitt Romney - Aquarius-Scorpio - IN (but no sign he'll try again)
Paul Ryan - Capricorn-Virgo - OUT (and I don't think he's coming back)
Pete Buttigieg - Capricorn-Scorpio - IN (but I don't think his time has come yet)
Rahm Emanuel - Scorpio-Libra - IN (but came out of Chicago with a lot of baggage)
Stacey Abrams - Scorpio-Taurus - IN
Ted Cruz - Sagittarius-Virgo - OUT
Vivek Ramaswamy - Cancer Sun, Aries or Taurus Moon - IN (probably Aries btw)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:07 am

Out of curiosity, who were the exceptions? (Other than of course Washington, who had no predecessors.)
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:29 am

mikestar13 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:07 am
Out of curiosity, who were the exceptions? (Other than of course Washington, who had no predecessors.)
I just remembered I do have a spreadsheet of this including birth data on most (not all) of their main opponents in the election. - Listing anything that could look like an exception:
  • John Adams didn't have a match from Washington. Rather, the pattern began after Washington with Adams and Jefferson being opposites in many real life ways and, astrologically, starting a Libra-Aries polarity to kick things off.
  • A fascinating "2nd harmonic variation but not really an opposition" occurred with John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson, another pair of major rivals. JQ was Gemini-Sagittarius, AJ was Pisces Sun: either Pisces-Leo or, for one given time, Pisces-Virgo. If the latter, then we have two mutable axes, one of them succeeding the other. However, if Jackson's Moon was in Leo, we have to leap back one extra generation for Jackson (Pisces Sun) to match Madison (Pisces Sun). Wish I were confident about the birth time.
  • Benjamin Harrison was an anomaly, like a rock in a stream. He's a great mystery, like an alternate reality dropped into things from nowhere. As a Leo-Libra, he was preceded by a Pisces-Cancer and a Virgo-Sag. One has to go back one more time to Grant to get an Aries Sun opposite Harrison's Libra Moon, which is a thin match and hardly seems worth the bother. None of his successors "inherited" from him for three generations, and then it was VICE President Theodore Roosevelt (president by virtue of McKinley's death) who was again Libra. Harrison seemed merely to be the nexus around which the two non-consecutive terms of Grover Cleveland spun (and the pattern goes on smoothly if we ignore him).
  • Theodore Roosevelt is technically an exception although he echoed the Libra Sun of Harrison three before him. The big point here, I think, is that Roosevelt wasn't elected president: He inherited it, and then was re-elected ("succeeding" himself) on the second term. (Sort of part of the same Harrison vortex where the stream went a little wild.)
  • Herbert Hoover was a flat-out fail of the classic system as stated. As a double Cancer, one would have to go back three steps to get Wilson's Capricorn Moon and a short run of Cancer-Capricorn luminaries. What's interest for Hoover is that as a double Cancer he succeeded Coolidge, a double Gemini. Hoover was then succeeded, in turn - a reaction to the country wanting its prosperity back! - by FDR who (exactly per the formuja) flipped Cancer Sun to Capricorn and "inherited" Coolidge's Gemini Moon. (Moving forward to banking power while carrying forward the "Roaring '20s" nostalgia for Coolidge.)
  • Harry Truman (like T Roosevelt) was not initially elected president but inherited the presidency through a president's death. His Aries-Libra did not match FDR or Hoover. He did, though, start a run of the Aries-Libra axis which in a sense leapfrogged its way across the rest of the century.
  • Was Nixon an anomaly? Or did the inheritance take a different form? Three presidents in a row (Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon) had the same stellium in Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, respectively. (They all involved the same three planets!) I think this is one of the more remarkable runs (much more so than Carter, Reagan, and Bush running the three Earth sign Suns in a row), but, if you don't count it, Nixon was a break.
  • Like the Quincy Adams vs. Jackson run, Ford-Carter ran the square in an obvious way. Virgo-Libra Carter inherited from nobody since Virgo-Libra Eisenhower, but in a less stringent way was the exact answer to Gemini-Scorpio Ford: Gemini became Virgo, Scorpio Moon became Libra Moon. Despite the "we're tired of war and want a Libra Moon guy" post-Vietnam fever that brought in Carter, the nation then didn't think he was tough enough and handed off to Aries Moon Reagan.
It's interesting to me when the nation chose to MATCH a theme vs. REVERSE a theme - and when we matched or reversed an immediate predecessor or leapt back a generation to what came right before that. The leapfrog is eminently interesting with an understanding of history. To make the pattern clear in ways that might reflect on next year's election, here is what happened post-FDR:
  • Truman (Aries-Libra). - Once he was in, Pisces-Virgo Dewey had no inheritance basis and, therefore, couldn't beat him.
  • Eisenhower (Virgo-Libra). Matched Truman's Moon in a nation that wanted peacetime, voting Libra rather than Aries. (Adlai Stevenson, whom Eisenhower beat twice, had an Aries Moon.)
  • Kennedy (Taurus-Leo with Aries stellium). Stellium picked up Truman Aries, reversing Eisenhower Libra. (Sagittarius-Capricorn Nixon had no basis of inheritance.)
  • Johnson (Leo-Leo with Leo stellium). Arrived by inheriting the office after JFK's murder. Also shared his Leo Moon. Also had a Leo stellium including Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter matching Kennedy's Aries stellium. (Goldwater was a Sagittarius-Aries and at least had astrological "credentials" based on the Eisenhower-Kennedy Libra-Aries axis.)
  • Nixon (Sagittarius-Capricorn). The one basis of inheritance was irregular: His Sagittarius stellium with Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter completed the triad of Aries JFK and Leo LBJ. (Double Taurus Humphrey had no astrological basis of inheritance. McGovern, a Cancer-Aries, was loaded with astrological inheritance but, practical politics aside, his Aries Moon was running on a platform of unconditional peace.) - Notice that Nixon had NO basis to win in 1960, then won by an irregular inheritance in 1968 against an opponent who had NO basis to win.
  • Ford (Gemini-Scorpio). Though Ford came to office by Nixon's resignation, and was never elected even to Vice President, this is one of the clearest national consciousness shifts: The imperial Sagittarian Nixon was succeeded by the "everyman" brown-bagging Gemini Ford.
  • Carter (Virgo-Libra). As mentioned above, this was a sideways hand-off. Gemini passed to Virgo, and a Venus-ruled Libra Moon followed a Mars-ruled Scorpio Moon at a point when the nation foremost wanted to put Vietnam behind us and start our third century with a post-Watergate moral renewal. - Otherwise, Carter picked up the Aries-Libra run that had been abandoned after Kennedy.
  • Reagan (Capricorn-Aries). Holding Carter accountable for a faltering economy and lack of military aggression, the Moon-sign flipped to Aries and (as had happened before) a Capricorn Sun was brought in to shore up the economy. (Mondale was a Sagittarius-Taurus. His astrological credentials had expired, since they would have relied on Nixon-Ford inheritance.)
  • Bush (Taurus-Virgo). His Virgo Moon inherited Carter's Virgo Sun. (He also completed a sub-theme, three Earth sign Suns in a row). Interestingly, he and Carter were treated similarly by the voters when re-election came around, and for similar reasons. (Dukakis' Libra Moon had him in the running, but the nation wasn't ready to flip back to Libra, or perhaps a Libra Democrat.)
  • Clinton (Leo-Aries and a Virgo stellium). Inherited Reagan's Moon. His Virgo stellium also picked up Bush's Virgo. Despite party-flips and two very different people, the nation brought a liberal version of Reagan back into the White House to stabilize the greatest economy in generations. (Cancer-Libra Dole had successorship credentials but the nation wasn't ready to go back to Libra.)
  • Bush (Gemini-Virgo with Cancer stellium). His Virgo Moon directly matched that of his father (and also Clinton's Virgo stellium). - Gore was a Pisces-Sagittarius whose astrological basis for election would have been Pisces Sun opposite Bush I's Virgo Moon; but Bush II's Virgo Moon was a better fit. In 2004, Kerry's Scorpio-Taurus had no basis for winning.
  • Obama (Cancer-Taurus). His Cancer Sun picked up Bush's Cancer stellium. (Leo-Capricorn McCain's astrological basis for winning would have been Capricorn Moon opposite Bush's Cancer, and it have worked if he'd campaigned differently on the collapsed economy; but Obama's Cancer Sun was a tighter fit.)
  • Trump (Taurus-Scorpio). Both of his luminaries continued Obama's Taurus Sun. Libra-Aquarius Clinton had no astrological basis for winning: As was true in real life, her election would have required her reaching back and continuing or renewing her Leo-Aries husband's term but, by 2016, it was too far in the past.
  • Biden (Scorpio-Aries). His Scorpio Sun continued both of Trump's luminaries, especially reversing his Taurus Sun I think.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:34 pm

Offhand, I'd rank the pattern suggestive but not determinative, probably enhancing the chances of politically feasible matches but not conclusively ruling out anyone. Frankly, the way Biden and possible alternative Democratic candidates are looking in the opinion polls, I think the Republicans will win with literally anyone less crazy than Marjorie Taylor Greene. Biden won on a platform of "I'm not Trump", he'll likely lose to a platform of "I'm not Biden".
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:18 am

Looking at DC 2024 Capsolar I see an angular (Jupiter) mundo partile 90 Pluto as US main theme. Jim's SMA book says:
Jupiter-Pluto
Two large themes are evident as expressions of Jupiter-Pluto aspects in mundane astrology.
• CHALLENGE TO PREVAILING IDEOLOGY. Events challenge (or even outright
assault) existing value systems, ideological paradigms, and the political and other power
systems that support them.
o Regime change. Sometimes this is a direct challenge to a government’s existence
or values, e.g., efforts at regime change or political destabilization.
o Imperialism. Jupiter-Pluto can signal either rising imperialism or a challenge to
rising imperialism. (The power dynamic is substantially the same.)
o Consider the end of World War I, a cease-fire built upon strong efforts at weakening
the enemy governments by crippling their economy. This (consolidating two
major Jupiter-Pluto themes) laid the foundation for World War II.
• BLOW TO ECONOMY. Jupiter-Pluto often delivers a stunning blow to existing economic
conditions. Potentially, this could be a huge win and positive transformation of
economic conditions; however, most of the time it is a crisis of economic devastation.
o The large earthquakes, coalmine disasters, and major fires are examples of economic
devastation.
2024 Capsolar feartures a mundo partile Moon-Neptune conjunction. IMO, I don't see yet the Fed coming close to reeling in spiraling inflation with their meager interest rate hikes. Lets see where inflation is with the 2024 Capsolar.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:11 am

The simplest reading of the 2024 Capsolar with that angular Jupiter is: People are happy. They are feeling prosperous. They think things got really good!

I've been looking toward this 2024 Capsolar since at least 2020 and saying it will be the first year we are completely free and clear of the negative economic impact of the pandemic and feeling we are well again and things are good again.\

As for Moon-Neptune - It isn't a Jupiter-Neptune aspect. It's an exactly angular Jupiter plus a Moon-Neptune conjunction. I think people are just irresponsibly giddy and happy. (Moon is conjunct Neptune AND square Venus.)

In the U.S. the vast majority of voters will think it's the best the nation has felt in recent memory.

The Libsolar has its usual cantankerous markers including Moon opposite Sun and square Pluto, so I'm not ready to say how people will feel about solar figures at that point. Mercury and Pluto are the most angular planets, with Uranus close behind.

And the November 7 (election day!) Caplunar is confusing. It has a LOT of negative, unhappy, really scrappy things, like Moon conjunct Pluto and opposite Mars, Saturn and Neptune being the most angular planets. That Saturn + Neptune might be the worst indication for the incumbent. (The Liblunar covering the last week before election is mixed, with Venus most angular, then Saturn, then Jupiter. The Canlunar the week before is also mixed.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Jim wrote:
The simplest reading of the 2024 Capsolar with that angular Jupiter is: People are happy. They are feeling prosperous. They think things got really good!
I hear you Jim and agree. Is it fair to say this Capsolar features an “outstanding incident” Jupiter-Pluto influence since it features a mundo partile Jup-Pluto 90 with eclipto Jup partile conjunct EP?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:50 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:35 pm
I hear you Jim and agree. Is it fair to say this Capsolar features an “outstanding incident” Jupiter-Pluto influence since it features a mundo partile Jup-Pluto 90 with eclipto Jup partile conjunct EP?
The Jupiter-Pluto is minor. One might even ignore it because Pluto isn't foreground.

The only foreground planets are Jupiter (0°11' from EP) and Uranus (4°31' above Ascendant). Pluto is more than 10° from MC and outside the foreground range. Originally, I wouldn't read this at all - wouldn't consent that Pluto (effectively) existed in this chart. But I eventually learned that non-foreground planets aspecting foreground planets need to be noticed as "fill in the details". I think the best way to use these is either to ignore them or, at least, to completely read the chart without them to get the basic tone of the chart, then add these as small details.

So I would read the Capsolar for Washington as: Overwhelmingly strong Jupiter backed by moderate Uranus, plus Moon conjunct Neptune and square Venus.

On balance that is good - better than good - really upbeat and positive, it's worst flaws being that people are a bit deluded. The benefics definitely have the weight.

Within that positive view, I'd then add the minor (as in "we can ignore this, but might learn something") Jupiter aspect to non-foreground Pluto. This could be several things, provided we keep the basic tone of extremely positive and upbeat. For example, the stock market might go on a wild ride (but we have to conclude it will eventually be a ride that makes us happy). I expect the worst effect to be weather extremes that, even this close and after this last winter, we can't anticipate clearly.

Otherwise, it could be things like challenging beliefs and traditions, political surprises and reversal of expectation (for the better), and reconstructing a social order with ideological zeal, and defense of justice, liberty, and democracy. Jupiter-Pluto is an aspect of recovery, healing, or correcting wrongs, of turning a corner in a healing way - all of which could just be, "Whew, we really came through all of that!"
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:59 pm

Thanks Jim--makes good sense. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Larry Hogan, who was theoretically in the running, withdrew from the race today saying that as a contender he was likely to inadvertently help Trump get thr nomination.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 26, 2023 2:41 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:28 am
DeSantis is a Leo-Gemini - he won't make the cut.
DeSantis' campaign launch has been an epic dud and thud so far, but he's enough in the news that I decided to take another look at his chart. He was born September 14, 1979, hour unknown, in Montreal, Quebec.

Without a time, his solar arcs aren't showing a darn thing, and his secondary progressions give nothing useable - which brings us back to transits. Neptune is transiting opposite his Venus right now, which at least gives an "impossible dream" feel to the time, a "strongly desiring the unobtainable." I word it that way (my standard line for Neptune to Venus) because there always seems to be a mental limit in the way - somebody wouldn't want the "something" unless deep down they thought it was unobtainable. The fantasy pursuit is more important than the outcome.

He's at his half-Uranus cycle, a great time to start a new direction in life. But also Saturn is in Aquarius. DeSantis natally has a triple Sun-Saturn-Mercury in the third decanate of Leo, all square Neptune - and sometime next year transiting Saturn will oppose the Leo planets and square the Neptune. (Around May, give or take - then it picks up early the next year.) Again, this doesn't look good for him.

The only transit pattern he has going for him (absent a birth time that says otherwise) is that Jupiter starts hitting his Leo-Scorpio stuff around Labor Day next year - squaring his Saturn and opposing his Neptune just as the post-convention campaigns hit the streets for the home stretch. It then spends September through December aspecting his planets. This sounds like he's in the middle of a campaign, so he might be a candidate - at least for VP.

For election night, his one heavy-hitter transit is Jupiter hovering around (but not partile) his Sun, Saturn, and Neptune. Venus squares his Mercury that night, too, so he might get good news. I don't remember the last time transits ever actually foretold the outcome of a presidential campaign, but, in a year of pretty bad transits, it's one of his best weeks.

His September 2023 SSR will have a New Moon - good time for a good start, with Moon hitting his Leo-Scorpio planets (but we don't know which it hits closer). Venus squares Jupiter closely, but we don't know if it's angular. His September 2024 SSR has a Sun-Jupiter square, and Uranus squares natal Jupiter, but again we don't know if either of these is angular (if Sun-Jupiter is angular, then so are his natal Saturn and Neptune), and there is almost certainly a Moon-Pluto conjunction (but we don't know how close).

Just from transits (without angles), it looks to me like he doesn't get the nomination (deflating realities around May), but looks like he could be running in some capacity beginning September. His transits are better election week than most of the year.

Still, he's a Leo-Gemini and nobody is going to win the presidency in 2024 unless they have a Libra-Aries or Taurus-Scorpio luminary.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Mon May 29, 2023 1:28 pm

Kamala's SSR looks great. I have a feeling it will be between herself and Trump.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:09 pm

Vivek Ramaswamy
Natal:
https://ibb.co/RDztdbr
More so based on what I see with his mundoscope aspects/angular Pluto, If he stays in politics, I predict Vivek will have a long successful career in politics, maybe not immeadiately but in due time. He is already a tremendous success in the businessworld. Very powerful with delivering a message/spoken words. The political establishment/elites in both parties will not like this individual. Vivek speaks a lot of poltical truths IMO, and I think the new generations of young people of this land in both parties who are fed-up with the Establishment's politics will resonate with his political messaging.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:26 pm

Source of data?

(His Taurus Moon technically keeps him in the running, but I don't believe for a second he'll get the nomination let alone win.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:40 pm

Jim wrote:
Source of data?
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Ramaswamy,_Vivek
Jim wrote:
(His Taurus Moon technically keeps him in the running, but I don't believe for a second he'll get the nomination let alone win.)
Indeed on Taurus Moon. I am not predicting he will get nomination this year, only he will eventually become very successful if he stays in politics.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:48 pm

OK, birth certificate. Thanks. (I misunderstood your point since this is a thread about who will get the nomination.)

Mars and Pluto are the most angular planets. The angular Mars-Jupiter opposition ties to his success thus far. Sun opposes Jupiter closely but also closely aspects all three malefics. Notice Mercury has azimuth 269°59', so Mercury is 0°01' from Vertex in 1°43' azimuth square to Pluto.

His needs hierarchy (fed primarily by the angularities and Sun aspects):

100 - Pluto
99 - Mars
97 - Mercury
-----------------
95 - Moon
91 - Saturn
90 - Jupiter
89 - Venus
-----------------
60 - Neptune
59 - Sun
0 - Uranus
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:21 pm

Thanks Jim for your keen observations.
My go to guy for very keen super smart observations pertaining to anything, particularly markets is PBD, discovered with my new SSR. Look what PBD and his gang had to say about Vivek in the 3rd GOP debate with this 15 min link video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjNfKYuW5Go
The establishment media crucified Vivek but the polls of viewers rated Vivek off the map as a huge winner of this 3rd debate. When I saw this, I immediately started looking for an AA rated natal of Vivek and lucked-out by finding one. IMO, I see very successful planetary aspects particularly with his mundoscope. I don’t listen to any kind of mainstream media today---its total BS IMO. But I do listen closely to the voting people of the land.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:08 pm

I am 76 years old. I have not voted in a Prez election since I voted for Bill Clinton, but if I knew what I know about Bill today back in the 90s I would not have voted for him. I would vote for Vivek no matter which party he was running for Prez. IMO, if Trump chose Vivek as his running mate, this would make for an even more interesting election cycle. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3UBuEFurQMw

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:20 pm

LOL, and that's why we have more than one person voting in this country. I can't imagine voting for him under any conditions or letting him near any form of national government. He has defined himself politically as pointedly opposed to nearly everything I want a candidate to stand for. It is quite rare to find such precise ideological opposition. (I even agree with Trump on more things than Ramaswamy. As far as I can tell, it's 100% disagreement, which by itself tells me that he's crafting an inauthentic image to play to a specific demographic.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:26 pm

Yes, the same was said about Trump in 2016 and look what happened. :) I like it when a new canditate speaks the truth and calls another politian corrup.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm

SteveS wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:26 pm
Yes, the same was said about Trump in 2016 and look what happened. :) I like it when a new canditate speaks the truth and calls another politian corrup.
Part of my problem is that I don't think he's speaking his own truth. I think he's crafting image to play to a specific demographic. (And he is loudly in favor of the most corrupt natural leader we've had in the nation's history.) This is all aside from his promise to operate essentially as a dictator, running the government by executive fiat.

This acute authoritarianism will still play to a large segment as long as Uranus stays in Aries. As it toggles back and forth between Aries and Taurus next year, the effect will be interesting to watch.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:58 pm

Jim wrote:
Part of my problem is that I don't think he's speaking his own truth. I think he's crafting image to play to a specific demographic. (And he is loudly in favor of the most corrupt natural leader we've had in the nation's history.) This is all aside from his promise to operate essentially as a dictator, running the government by executive fiat.
Yes, Pluto on MC for a Politician has a tendency for power plays/politics, IMO along with Hand’s thinking.
This acute authoritarianism will still play to a large segment as long as Uranus stays in Aries. As it toggles back and forth between Aries and Taurus next year, the effect will be interesting to watch.
Yes, Uranus on 0 Taurus hits Potus MC and Trump’s MC. Whatever is going to be will be---its all already ordained IMO. We are just trying to figure out how the astrology will manifest, I love election cycles--they make me laugh with all the BS. :)
Last edited by SteveS on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:05 pm

Some more Vevek:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5ZYhRgFuhGU
One other person I would vote for---RFK Jr. What do you think about him Jim as a Prez? Not that the power base of the DEMs would support him in their party.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:19 pm

SteveS wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:05 pm
One other person I would vote for---RFK. What do you think about him Jim as a Prez?
Understanding that you asking for a personal opinion only: Nope. Little positive thing to say about him in his present incarnation. For one thing, he's so deep into conspiracy theories that I'm not sure he's still connected to reality. His positions on Covid-19 vaccines are both dismissive of science and destructive to people. (I'm not sure why he seems to have a vendetta against Bill Gates, but it only remains funny because he's so far on the fringe that nobody takes him very seriously.)

He's right that the EPA and FDA have too much influence from the people they're supposed to be regulating. That's a constant arm-wrestle in administration. (OTOH, the NRA and big tobacco just buy people in Congress as they want, with even far greater success and control.) He's correct about the ongoing erosion of the middle class (so at least he hasn't fallen entirely off the right edge of the plate).

He wants to own the environmental issue. I like it when anybody makes that a serious issue. OTOH he wants to make it a populist issue whereas I want to commit all available resources of government to tackling the problem top-down. I'm quite willing for him to prove me wrong by proving he can make his way work: There's no reason he should have to wait to get elected to anything if he thinks he can mobilize the private sector to effectively reverse climate breakdown on a short timeline.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:32 am

Excellent points Jim, thanks. Do you think Biden will step aside at DMC in Aug? If so, who do you think will be candidate for Prez? If Newsom was candidate I think he would have much better chance for winning Prez vs Trump, what do you think?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:34 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:32 am
Do you think Biden will step aside at DMC in Aug? If so, who do you think will be candidate for Prez? If Newsom was candidate I think he would have much better chance for winning Prez vs Trump, what do you think?
I don't think he'll do it in August. That's way too late. He'd have to do it by, say, April-ish.

That said, there are some indications that he might. However, the aftermath of the election is so brutally depressive for him that I'm not sure. (It could also be this if someone he backed had failed, especially if he later thought he could have won.)

If they try to replace him with historically conventional candidates, they will lose for sure. The only chance is to go 100% in on the "young, diverse face of the new Democratic party" theme, with the absolutely strongest shot then being their two most powerful AND representative figures, Harris and Buttigieg. I've done no work on charts for either of these (other than to note that Harris' SSR makes a huge difference where she spends her birthday).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:48 am

Jim wrote:
I don't think he'll do it in August. That's way too late. He'd have to do it by, say, April-ish.
I agree! I think it will be timed by then (april-ish) with sp Capsolar Moon partile cnj to Capsolar/USA Neptune. The national media speculation is already running rampant on Biden’s possible step down issue. Here is Bower’s Sidereal Astrology analysis (youtube) for election 24 (45 min):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYv-w8Rw6Ag

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Vivek is now out.
Trump has a Mars Pluto local for RNC(SLR). And a partile Moon/Saturn mundane square for inauguration (SLR).