Moon in Virgo sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, Sun and Moon sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Moon in Virgo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Welcome to the Moon in Virgo discussions project, which will run September 17 - October 17, 2018 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Moon in Virgo people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Moon in Virgo interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p147
Cyril Fagan: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105&p=636#p659
Garth Allen: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p135
Manilius: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p743

My current concise summary of Moon in Virgo (always subject to change) reads:
Intellectual, strategic, analytical, calculating, data-driven, efficient. Intuitive, bizarrely illogical (moody, resistant). Plays victim & retaliates (abuse, betrayal). Service, loyal, devoted, contributing. Courageous. Innocent, simple, modest; expects respect. Romantic, flirtatious; shy. Too serious. Nervous sensitivity.
Here is other material that may be of interest in this regard:
Notes on Virgo (Garth Allen) https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1978#p14102
Virgo https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1111
Sidereal Virgo & Health https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=434
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: Moon in Virgo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:45 pm

The gates are open.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Foreground Moon in Virgo, checking in.

I'd say the existing Moon in Virgo essays are pretty spot-on.

Notes:

For a while, I've on some level resented--while seeing a bit of truth in--the suggestion of "playing the victim". (Yes, I'm aware of the irony of that sentence :lol: )

I did not have a happy childhood. There was a lot of abusive behavior in my family, and I experienced physical, sexual, emotional abuse. As an adult, one of my big, karmic life events was having a much older sister who abused me all throughout my childhood turn on me when I began to become independent of her influence, and try to accuse me of the things she had done. (Fortunately, the painful crisis resulted in increased awareness of my family's dynamics and history, and ultimately freed me from them).

I was bullied and beat up in junior high pretty frequently. Being a weird, sensitive know-it-all with a too-big vocabulary wasn't helpful.

Language comes easy for me. Though I am out of practice through disuse, when I was 21, I spoke English, Spanish, French, Arabic. Two weeks in Italy was enough for me to be conversational with the locals by the end.

I have seasonal allergies. I am shy/bashful, but have strong appetites. Overeating comes easily.

As a younger person, was too serious.

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:13 pm

I know two Virgo Moons intimately, one is a pretty girl I was involved with and the other is a close associate. Both seem to have some pretense to erudition and try their absolute best to speak in a high-flown fashion, but to the result of appearing a little ridiculous. Their own friends have an issue with this and have told me on several occasions that they try to appear intellectual, that they try to, "seem deep," and while I don't have any issue with that, it does seem true. (The reason why I have no issue being that they do try their best in conversation and have a great appreciation for communication they consider decent). Both are social to a fault and will go out of their way to keep the company of any society despite how contrary those little coteries are to their own definitions of quality. In short they keep bad company and know it well, in fact they will even list the sins of all their mates as if they were the only things true about them. They do seem to tolerate quite a bit from others as outlined by the Moon Constellation resource, and I know this partly because I am a bit absurd and will occasionally test their limits in this respect, and partly because the abuses and losses they suffered at home were quite severe and yet they still found a way to preserve. The same is true with respect to the abuses they've suffered in romance, they seem very quick to forgive, more than quick, it's as if the abuses never happened the moment after they occur. In close correspondence with this behavior, they also seem very quick to lend a helping hand and are perhaps more caring than they would like to admit.

This is all I can think of for now