Several progressions currently exist. None change this month, i.e., none begin, end, or become exact. Many are heading toward exact contact in 2020-2022. The currently active progressions are:
- p Saturn trines r Venus, currently applying by 0°08'. This lasts many years (1954-2040) and is next exact in 2022.
- p Jupiter conjoins r MC (separating 0°23') and squares r Saturn (currently apply 26'). This places Jupiter at Sa/MC midpoint for the next few years, exact to the minute in 2020-21. These aspects last 60 years (1996-2056).
- p Sun trines p Jupiter, completing the one positive set of progressions at present. It will be exact in March 2020, then expire a year later. This aspect suggests great fortune for the nation, its economy, and its esteem.
- p Mars conjoins r Eastpoint. This has lasted many years (1990-2021) and will expire in about two years.
- p Venus squares p Pluto (with p Sun octile both). Progressed Venus squares natal or progressed Pluto September 2016 to March 2020 and signals radical changes in foreign relations with a bias toward separations or disrupted relationships.
- p Mercury trines r Mars & octiles r Jupiter. I suspect this is supportive of the trade wars underway. Mercury currently aspects Mars within 0°48' and Jupiter within 0°27'.
Two planets discovered in recent years play a significant role in the U.S. progressions this year. These are actual astronomical planets, though their astrological importance is so far unconfirmed. U.S. natal Sedna is 23°48' Aquarius (progressed to 23°35'). Progressed Sun conjoins Sedna over the next year (currently applying 32' to progressed, 45' to natal). This also involves Sedna in aspects to progressed Venus and Jupiter (e.g., it is involved in progressed Sun trine progressed Jupiter on MC: progressed Jupiter and Sedna are 02' from exact trine). Additionally, progressed Ascendant is opposite natal Eris (just passed 19').
SOLAR ARC DIRECTIONS
Solar Arc Neptune squares natal Moon. It presently is applying by 0°15'. Historically, this has been responsible for mass movements of the people - extremes of populism whether on the left or the right, and waves of emotion sweeping across a nation.
- Neptune continues to conjoin progressed Sun until September 17. Confusion, deception, misdirection, loss of our way, or disorientation with respect to national identity and leadership continue. (Transiting Mars opposes them September 15, marking a distinctive, emotionally eruptive crisis. This aspect pair may signal a direct physical threat to the president.)
- Saturn conjoins progressed Moon until September 3. This likely will bring a wide range of suppressive, painful, loss-laden, narrowing Saturn conditions, especially those that sadden and wound the hearts of the American people.
- Neptune to p. Sun + Saturn to p. Moon overlap continues September 1-3. These aspects together are unusually demoralizing and diminishing.
- Jupiter aspects natal Pluto through September 21 (exact September 11. We will know more what this likely means as August continues and the strongest part of the transit unfolds. Usually Jupiter to Pluto signifies significant gain or advantage from a separation or disentanglement.
- Beginning at the Equinox, Jupiter squares natal Sun exact September 30 and Neptune aspects natal Pluto. The latter aspect, in particular, is obscure in mundane astrology but, by analogy to natal astrology, likely means that there are important, positive, healing processes for the nation occurring underground, i.e., behind the scenes. Their power is in their relative invisibility - they likely couldn't occur otherwise.
Beginning September 14, transiting Saturn squares SQ Moon. This is a strong mark of hardship and loss. It also likely foreshadows a successor aspect coming in a few months: SQ Moon will square solar Sun-Saturn and conjoin natal Saturn December 2019 through February 2020.[/color]